Tesla failed again

Something that ugly ought to be illegal.
Yeah, there wasn't much of a demand for the Delorean. . . .

79916_delorean_dmc_12_satin_finish_autoart_die-cast_scale_1-18_side_view.jpg

Somehow, folks weren't keen for stainless steel unless it was for cooking ware. :71:

Up to 16" ground clearance. Now that is something I can definitely relate to. Ideal for the back country in Eastern Oregon.

Cybertruck

Back country? You mean, no further than 150 miles. . . . That is, unless you don't plan to come back. Not sure there are many charging stations out in the wilderness. :auiqs.jpg:
Incapable of reading, eh? The high end model does over 500 miles on a single charge. And that is with present batteries. By the time these are being manufactured, they may have double the range that they now have.

It's definitely a strange looking thing, but if he holds the price where they say it is it will sell like hotcakes.

Only an idiot or someone with more money than brains goes out and pays full retail for a new car.
Article I read said starting price was under $40,000.

Don't read more into my statement than it says.
Given what is standard with Tesla's starting model, that is a comparable price to most of the pickups on the market. Their high end model, at $70,000 is comparable to the other high end models, also. And it comes with many features no other truck has at this time. It is definitely a game changer. Style? Odd, for a truck, but functional.
Not functional at all. You can’t reach into the truck bed and put something in or take it out. It looks like a tin foil toy.

And if you want to see what happens to those jobs when the government subsidies are cut, take a look at what is happening in germany...they have finally awakened to the disaster that renewables are to their country.
Yes, let us look at what is happening in Germany;

Weather in Germany in 2019
So far in 2019, Germany has enjoyed a lot of sun and wind.

Amassing higher amounts of sunshine and wind forces have certainly assisted the renewable energy sector in the country, and have added to its electricity output.

This resulted in forms of renewable energy providing most of the country's electricity, in stark comparison to the country's coal and nuclear power plants combined.

For the First Time Ever, Germany Provides Most Electricity from Renewables

Betting on the Sun
The latest draft of the German climate protection program envisages a bigger increase in solar than in wind capacity

Sources: Fraunhofer ISE, draft "Climate Protection Program 2030"

That irritated the German wind industry lobby, BWE, which issued an angry statement saying the planned increases in wind capacity were “neither a basis for securing the depth of value added in the German mechanical engineering sector, which has been hard-earned over the past 30 years, nor a sufficient foundation for securing the international competitiveness of German companies.”

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Up to 16" ground clearance. Now that is something I can definitely relate to. Ideal for the back country in Eastern Oregon.

Cybertruck

Yeppers, take it into the back country. I would love to hear a report on how useful it is in a real world situation away from the wonderful electric grid.

What a flop, only 200,000 pre-orders by now.
The 200,000 pre-orders were taken "before" the unveiling a few days ago.

It will be interesting to see just how many people still want the cyber truck and come up with the rest of the money after seeing it?. ... :cool:
Really?

simon-alvarez-avatar-80x80.jpg

BySimon Alvarez
Posted on November 29, 2019

The Tesla Cybertruck continues to attract more and more fans, with the market now warming up to its otherwise polarizing, futuristic design. The vehicle has received orders from a number of high-profile individuals, though a recent reservation may be one of the vehicle’s most impressive yet. In a recent Facebook post, the Norwegian Justice Minister announced that he has personally placed an order for the Cybertruck.

Norwegian Justice Minister Jøran Kallmyr shared a screenshot of his Cybertruck reservation on the social media platform. Kallmyr added some comedic flair to his post as well, tagging his wife, Torunn Smedal Kallmyr, and stating that it’s easier to ask for forgiveness about his purchase than it is to ask for permission. Based on his screenshot, the Justice Minister seemed to have ordered the Cybertruck’s mid-range Dual Motor AWD variant, which has a range of over 300 miles and a 0-60 mph of less than 4.5 seconds.

Cybertruck

Yeppers, take it into the back country. I would love to hear a report on how useful it is in a real world situation away from the wonderful electric grid.
I would love to take it into the back country. After all, just how many times do you go into the back country and put over 500 miles on your vehicle before going back to town?

Lordy, lordy, how I love it that you 'Conservatives' that have been predicting that Tesla would go broke in six months are eating crow. Three gigafactories in production now, more will be built. LOL

Cybertruck

I would love to take it into the back country. After all, just how many times do you go into the back country and put over 500 miles on your vehicle before going back to town?

In this area pretty much every weekend during the summer. I drive 80 to 100 miles to go out past Fallon, then head up into the back country. There I will put at least another 200 miles on the clock, all doing heavy driving. Driving which will eat up your energy very quickly. Your range is based on easy road driving. Put it under a heavy load and watch your range plummet.

But, that's science. We all know you don't do science.

Last edited:
Lordy, lordy, how I love it that you 'Conservatives' that have been predicting that Tesla would go broke in six months are eating crow. Three gigafactories in production now, more will be built. LOL

Tesla has only been kept alive because of billions and billions of taxpayer dollars propping it up you fool.

The vehicle has received orders from a number of high-profile individuals, though a recent reservation may be one of the vehicle’s most impressive yet.
It only takes $100 dollars to place a reservation for one of the Tesla cyber pickup trucks.

Heck, anyone can do that, just to say they did.

What remains to be seen, is how many of those per-order people will actually pony up the remaining $50,000 to $70,000 grand to make the purchase when the time comes to take possession of their cyber truck? ... :cool:

Forum List

Back