Tesla failed again

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Transportation represents a large proportion of the GHGs emitted by we humans. So any progress in making it less polluting is an advance. So Musk debuted the Tesla pickup this last week. What a flop, only 200,000 pre-orders by now.

Tesla's polarizing Cybertruck was preordered 200,000 times within 3 days
Dalvin Brown
USA TODAY

Ouch!! That picture hurt my eyes...

tesla-cybertruck-reveal-1.jpg

It's definitely a strange looking thing, but if he holds the price where they say it is it will sell like hotcakes.

Transportation represents a large proportion of the GHGs emitted by we humans. So any progress in making it less polluting is an advance. So Musk debuted the Tesla pickup this last week. What a flop, only 200,000 pre-orders by now.

Tesla's polarizing Cybertruck was preordered 200,000 times within 3 days
Dalvin Brown
USA TODAY

Transportation represents a large proportion of the GHGs emitted by we humans.

Electricity generation represents a large proportion of the GHGs emitted by we humans.

It's definitely a strange looking thing, but if he holds the price where they say it is it will sell like hotcakes.

Only an idiot or someone with more money than brains goes out and pays full retail for a new car.
Article I read said starting price was under $40,000.

Don't read more into my statement than it says.
Given what is standard with Tesla's starting model, that is a comparable price to most of the pickups on the market. Their high end model, at $70,000 is comparable to the other high end models, also. And it comes with many features no other truck has at this time. It is definitely a game changer. Style? Odd, for a truck, but functional.

Ouch!! That picture hurt my eyes...

tesla-cybertruck-reveal-1.jpg

I've seen better built in the back of a garage.

At least something built in the back of the garage wouldn't get a $20,000 repair estimate and set parked in the body shop for two months, waiting for parts on intergalactic back-order, after having a fender-bender in the Whole Foods parking lot.

Only an idiot or someone with more money than brains goes out and pays full retail for a new car.

Yeah, that's been my conclusion too. I've seen too many people, buy a new car, and then complain about being poor, and making car payments.

Buy a 3 year old car, for almost half price, and skip the massive deprecation.

Yeah, that's been my conclusion too. I've seen too many people, buy a new car, and then complain about being poor, and making car payments.

Buy a 3 year old car, for almost half price, and skip the massive deprecation.

Andy, one thing an old friend of mine taught me is the incredible stupidity of the consumer. He used to jump all over me for wasting money at things I thought he was crazy about! But in time, I came to understand him. Consumers are the most gullible idiots on the planet. If I showed people what I drive, what it all has and the condition it is in and what I actually paid for it, they'd think I was lying.

wtf? A 300 mile range?

Why would anyone in the market for an actual truck want something with such a limited range?

Cybertruck

Up to 16" ground clearance. Now that is something I can definitely relate to. Ideal for the back country in Eastern Oregon.

Cybertruck

Back country? You mean, no further than 150 miles. . . . That is, unless you don't plan to come back. Not sure there are many charging stations out in the wilderness. :auiqs.jpg:

Something that ugly ought to be illegal.

Forum List

Back