Tesla - Best Car of 2014

Thinking of buying one?

Consider getting two; one for each foot.

They have special models for liberals. One pair is white with a black "L" on one hood; the other has a black "R". They also come in anti-racism black on whose hoods, out of kindness, they made the letters pink because black on white is OK but white on black is racist.

Bashing an American made car? You Canadian?

I'm saving up for one of these:

th

Ford F650. A real man's ride!! :)

Condolences to your wife.

Thinking of buying one?

Consider getting two; one for each foot.

They have special models for liberals. One pair is white with a black "L" on one hood; the other has a black "R". They also come in anti-racism black on whose hoods, out of kindness, they made the letters pink because black on white is OK but white on black is racist.

Bashing an American made car? You Canadian?

Are you stoned?

I'm saving up for one of these:

th

Ford F650. A real man's ride!! :)

Many many years ago I put some time in an F800. A nasty underpowered beast that thing was! But that new F650 - I can but hope to imagine how great it must feel! Doggone F150 (Eco-Boost) are awesome enough at my age....but let the imagination roll!!!! Is that not the biggest Ford makes these days?

I see them here in Los Angeles. Lots of them....especially on the west side.

not my cup of tea, but If you drive a short distance and enjoy an expensive sports car, they are probably a lot of fun.

:thup:

I would love to have a Tesla. I live in Atlanta, my kids live in Chattanooga and Huntsville. Both drives are well within range.

And a full recharge runs about $8. Other than vacations, few people drive more than 250 miles per day.

Riddle: Where does the electricity come from to power these non-polluting cars?

Answer: From burning coal.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

In some places, yes. I enjoy electricity mostly produced by hydroelectric plants. In Chattanooga it is hydroelectric & nuclear.

At any rate, the conversion of fossil fuel to electricity is much more efficient than the average gas powered car.

In some places, yes. I enjoy electricity mostly produced by hydroelectric plants. In Chattanooga it is hydroelectric & nuclear.

At any rate, the conversion of fossil fuel to electricity is much more efficient than the average gas powered car.

OMG, you been Chattanooga has been spared the ravages of AGW drought? Or does everyone flush only for #2 to allow the little remaining water to turn the generators?

OMG, you been Chattanooga has been spared the ravages of AGW drought? Or does everyone flush only for #2 to allow the little remaining water to turn the generators?

The Tennessee River has not run dry. Even in the drought in '09 or so, the river levels never went too low to generate power.

The Tennessee River has not run dry. Even in the drought in '09 or so, the river levels never went too low to generate power.

So Global Warming/Climate Change/Climate disruption has FAILED in Tennessee! But then adherents of the cult HAVE become accustomed to failure so my guess is that you've broken no hearts.

So Global Warming/Climate Change/Climate disruption has FAILED in Tennessee! But then adherents of the cult HAVE become accustomed to failure so my guess is that you've broken no hearts.

I see you are attempting sarcasm to avoid the actual topic. Ok.

First of all, no global warming study I have seen makes the claim that the earth is already a desert. So no, the TN River is fine.

Second, there is a climate change going on. Ridiculing it or denying it does not change the facts. What is in question is whether or not, or to what degree, man is responsible for it.

First of all, no global warming study I have seen makes the claim that the earth is already a desert. So no, the TN River is fine.

Second, there is a climate change going on. Ridiculing it or denying it does not change the facts. What is in question is whether or not, or to what degree, man is responsible for it.

Apparently you don't read much beyond local news. California and much of the remainder of this (former) nation is suffering from drought conditions. If, indeed, you have been spared then you are very fortunate. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Apparently you don't read much beyond local news. California and much of the remainder of this (former) nation is suffering from drought conditions. If, indeed, you have been spared then you are very fortunate. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Yes, there is a serious drought in CA. But they have always had issues with water. The southeast has far fewer problems with water. In fact, flooding is a problem far more often than drought.

Forum List

Back