Tesla - Best Car of 2014

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I guess there's hope for electric cars. < my comment

Consumer Reports gave the electric-powered vehicle top honors for its “blistering acceleration, razor-sharp handling, compliant ride, and versatile cabin,” adding that the Tesla Model S is “a glimpse into the future.”

Read more: Tesla Model S Is The Best Car Of 2014, Consumer Reports Says | TIME.com Tesla Model S Is The Best Car Of 2014, Consumer Reports Says | TIME.com

So good!
So politically correct!
So expensive!

Put all those together and you'll see why so many liberals are rushing to trade in their limousines to get one.

Or....

Demanding the purchasing agent of the federal department for which they "work" get one for them.

Last edited:
They and other electrics are getting together to produce cheaper batteries- in the news today.The Tesla is the best electric in the world, no thanks to a-hole pubs and their charlatans, who almost wrecked the volt with stupid bs. A disgrace as always...

I see them here in Los Angeles. Lots of them....especially on the west side.

not my cup of tea, but If you drive a short distance and enjoy an expensive sports car, they are probably a lot of fun.

:thup:

225 MILE RANGE, 300 at 55 mph- so go ahead and get one...

News for tesla range
AFP Does The Tesla Model S Deserve To Wear Consumer Reports' Crown?
Forbes - 1 day ago
Its 225-mile driving range and 5-hour charges, using Tesla's special connector, also make it the easiest, most practical, albeit pricey, electric car ...
Consumer Reports: Tesla Model S 'Best Overall' 2014 Top Pick
Hybrid Cars News - 1 day ago
Tesla Model S rated best 2014 vehicle to buy
AFP - 1 day ago

I'm waiting for their fire sale before I make a decision....
Computers and cell phones were expensive in the beginning, too.

After 3 Fires, Safety Agency Opens Inquiry Into Tesla Model S

I usually accept the judgment of Consumer Reports, but this one gives me pause...

Did Tesla ever figure out the cause of the fires?

Yep. Road debris cut into the battery compartment. Price of having the car very low for reduced drag. That was two of them. The other one hit a tree. In none of the accidents was the driver injured.

There are quite a number of accidents with ICE's that involve fire. I was impressed with the fact that with that amount of kilowattage in the battery, I was wondering in a case like those if we were going to see a Zeus like clap of thunder and a bolt of lightning. Nope, just a vigorous fire. So, maybe an inch or two more clearance, and some kevlar under the battery case.

These cars will always be expensive, how will the roads in every state and the US be kept up without the gas tax? what tax will replace it to keep the highways up?

So good!
So politically correct!
So expensive!

Put all those together and you'll see why so many liberals are rushing to trade in their limousines to get one.

Or....

Demanding the purchasing agent of the federal department for which they "work" get one for them.

Aren't you Canadian?

Forum List

Back