Terrorists Are Terrorists Under Any Name

Certainly targeting innocent civilians is different than targeting legitimate military objectives.
No incorrect...

Explain your reasoning.

Of course it is possible to carry out a terrorist act against "legitimate military objectives"... Would you classify IDF as "legitimate military objectives"?

Uniformed IDF soldiers on active duty? I would.

Please tell me how you would define terrorism in such a way that differentiates it from warfare or military self-defense.

If I read your comments correctly, you don't believe that terrorism can be carried out against "legitimate military objectives"... Is that correct?

So you agree that attacks on uniformed IDF is NOT Terrorism?

There is a vast difference between war and military self-defense... Would you not agree?

YES of course. And firing illegal weapons from civilian areas in gaza is not military self defence, but responding to those illegal weapons is. And that is how fine the line is between the two actions. The Palestinians are in breach of IHL and commit war crimes every rocket that is fired, the IDF defend their citizens from such attacks when they pound the rocket launch sites into dust.

The Israelis target Palestinian innocents, in the thousands at a crack in an attempt to break their resistance to Jewish colonization, blockade and occupation. The Palestinians are simply defending themselves. The Israelis are just replicating what the Nazis did.

Now THAT"S funny! Hey Monte, give us some examples of Israel targeting thousands of "innocent" Palestinians at a crack. 'Atta boy!

Can we start here. You go boy, start the justifications.

"A deadly attack on a school in the city of Rafah in the south of Gaza has been denounced as a "moral outrage" and "criminal act" by the UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon."

Gaza school attack denounced as 'criminal act' by UN chief

Later changed by the UN to attacks on rocket launch sites close to the school, In fact the rocket lanchers were on the school grounds and the inhabitants did their usual trick of running towards the area so that the IDF would not fire on civilians.

And the guardian is a proven Jew hating Nazi rag that has the lowest circulation figures of any newspaper.

The truth

The World Today - UN issues retraction over Gaza school bombing

BRENDAN TREMBATH: The United Nations has backed down from a claim that a UN run school in Gaza was hit during an Israeli mortar attack last month.

Forty-three people were reportedly killed in the attack.

But a clarification issued by the UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian affairs says the shelling and all the casualties happened outside the school.

New Report: U.N. Accusations of "Israeli Attack on School" Were False - Campus News & Climate, Civil Discourse and Academic Freedom - SPME Website Scholars for Peace in the Middle East

Now a new report by Patrick Martin of Canada’s Globe and Mail reveals that, contrary to what was reported worldwide, (1) No Israeli shells landed in the UNRWA school compound; (2) No one taking refuge in the U.N. schoolyard was killed; and (3) None of these facts prevented a U.N. agency from falsely reporting that “Israeli shelling directly hit two UNRWA schools…” For the full story, see the article below.

Will the Human Rights Council now apologize for having falsely condemned Israel for the “targeting of facilities of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East in Gaza, including schools”?

Last edited:
The Palestinians are simply defending themselves.

Seriously? Stabbing people in the street is defending yourself? What planet do you live on where, as a concept, its permissible to stab innocent civilians as a means of defense?

I am sure that if the Palestinians had better access to firearms they would use firearms like the ANC, the IRA and other such independence used.

Is that why there are over 1 million ak47's in gaza alone, and enough depleted uranium rounds to lift the background radiation 10% ?

But again you miss the point that the Palestinians send out children to stab unarmed civilians for propaganda reasons, and morons like you support their terrorist actions.

The Israelis target Palestinian innocents, in the thousands at a crack in an attempt to break their resistance to Jewish colonization, blockade and occupation. The Palestinians are simply defending themselves. The Israelis are just replicating what the Nazis did.

Now THAT"S funny! Hey Monte, give us some examples of Israel targeting thousands of "innocent" Palestinians at a crack. 'Atta boy!

"A deadly attack on a school in the city of Rafah in the south of Gaza has been denounced as a "moral outrage" and "criminal act" by the UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon."

Actually, let's start here:

UNRWA condemns placement of rockets, for a second time, in one of its schools | UNRWA

Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. As soon as the rockets were discovered, UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets. The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons.

Islamo-kids make for valuable islamo-propaganda.

The U.S. seems to have disagreed with you.

"US 'appalled' by 'disgraceful' Israeli shelling of Gaza UN school"

The United States said on Sunday it was “appalled” by the “disgraceful” shelling by Israel of a United Nations school sheltering some 3,000 displaced people in southern Gaza.

In language that was rare in its directness and severity, the US denounced the attack which occurred earlier in the day and killed 10 people, noting that the school had been designated a protected location and the Israel Defense Forces had been informed numerous times of the school’s coordinates.

US 'appalled' by 'disgraceful' Israeli shelling of Gaza UN school

Hollow Hollies all over shilling for the Israelis against their own Government.

And when the truth came out it was not the school that was shelled but the rocket launchers in its grounds. But you ignore that because it destroys your POV

UNRWA condemns placement of rockets, for a second time, in one of its schools | UNRWA

Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. As soon as the rockets were discovered, UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets. The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons.

The United States said on Sunday it was “appalled” by the “disgraceful” shelling by Israel of a United Nations school sheltering some 3,000 displaced people in southern Gaza.

In language that was rare in its directness and severity, the US denounced the attack which occurred earlier in the day and killed 10 people, noting that the school had been designated a protected location and the Israel Defense Forces had been informed numerous times of the school’s coordinates.

Now retracted as being false

Now a new report by Patrick Martin of Canada’s Globe and Mail reveals that, contrary to what was reported worldwide, (1) No Israeli shells landed in the UNRWA school compound; (2) No one taking refuge in the U.N. schoolyard was killed; and (3) None of these facts prevented a U.N. agency from falsely reporting that “Israeli shelling directly hit two UNRWA schools…” For the full story, see the article below.

Will the Human Rights Council now apologize for having falsely condemned Israel for the “targeting of facilities of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East in Gaza, including schools”?

New Report: U.N. Accusations of "Israeli Attack on School" Were False - Campus News & Climate, Civil Discourse and Academic Freedom - SPME Website Scholars for Peace in the Middle East

I'm not trying to justify terrorism --I'm trying to define it.
I think we know the definition of terrorism... You are attempting to justify 'zionist' terrorism, or try to redefine terrorism!

As it is distinctive from conducting warfare.
Yes correct...

Certainly targeting innocent civilians is different than targeting legitimate military objectives.
No incorrect...

Do you not agree with this, conceptually?

Of course it is possible to carry out a terrorist act against "legitimate military objectives"... Would you classify IDF as "legitimate military objectives"?

Yes they are when they are attacking without reason, but if they are responding to illegal rockets designated war crimes then they are not

"without reason" in YOUR opinion Phoney...

"illegal rockets" are?

Correct they have no valid legal reason to attack Israeli's

Not my definition but the definition of HRW and the UN.

So the firing of illegal rockets at Israel is a terrorist attack without just cause, reason and legal validity. Time for the UN to grow a pair and tell the muslim contingent that they will apply the law equally to all sides in future or face being expelled from the UN

By my definition of terrorism? Not speaking of anything specific, but as a concept? Yes -- if it is a legitimate military objective and the purpose is to eliminate that military advantage held by the opponent then it can not be considered terrorism.

Do you accept that, generally speaking, 'terrorism' has been applied to groups who HAVE targeted "legitimate military objectives" ARE terrorists?

I miiiiight be able to come up with specific events which I miiiiight consider terrorism, but conceptually, generally, I agree that attacks on uniformed, IDF soldiers on active duty at the time of the attack would fall outside my definition of terrorism. And I would add to that -- the attacker is also a combatant at that moment. .

An attacker of a "legitimate military objective" CAN be considered a combatant, they can ALSO be considered a "terrorist"... It all comes down to semantics!

Well, yes. Though probably not so vast as you appear to claim.

Now, your turn. What constitutes terrorism as distinct from warfare or military self-defense?

As an example, was the French resistance, in your opinion, terrorists, freedom fighters, combatants, involved in warfare or military self-defence? Nelson Mandela, terrorist or freedom fighter?

State terrorism... That is, in my opinion, something that is carried out on a daily basis by Israel... The ONLY argument against that would lead into apartheid Israeli state...

Hamas, for example, I would consider a terrorist organisation, a very crude terrorist organisation, but terrorist nonetheless!

Israel, well, is far more 'clever' in their 'terrorist' activities... Would I call Israel a terrorist state? Probably not, under normal terms, but I would also not call Israel an apartheid state either... But, in my opinion, Israel falls somewhere in between the two... Does Israel terrorise Palestinians, through their governmental leanings? Yes, I believe they do!

A "terrorist" comes in many guises!

Of course people apply the terrorist label to those engaged in war, sometimes the label is correct. But not in the case of the IDF, as they are not trying to force their ideology on the Palestinians.

Only if they are shown to be showing their military ties, as in Uniform and openly displayed weapons. A hidden knife is the sigh of a terrorist.

While they resisted the German army inside the borders of France they were resistance. If they fired weapons of mass destruction at German women and children then they would no longer be freedom fighters but terrorist POS murderers.
It is that simple a concept

Nelson Mandella a self confessed terrorist that refused to denounce terrorism .

Show any terrorist actions by the Israeli state that meet the definition of terrorism ?

You poor, dear. Your so befuddled that your best efforts amount to name-calling.

I do note that the B. Hussein administration will occassionaly offer "condemnations" such as the above. But so what? Your Islamic terrorist heroes have been "condemned" on several occassions for doing what your Islamic terrorist heroes do: causing the deaths of Islamics.

Get your Pom Poms ready. It's only a matter of time before your Islamic terrorist heroes wage an act of war from civilian areas and more islamo's die in the inevitable Israeli response.

None of the locations that arms were found were used as refugee centers.

Put on your clown dancing shoes to cheer on your ZioNazi child killers. Go, Hollow Holly.

But the reports that you are salivating over were proven to be false

http://spme.org/campus-news-climate...-of-israeli-attack-on-school-were-false/6294/

Now a new report by Patrick Martin of Canada’s Globe and Mail reveals that, contrary to what was reported worldwide, (1) No Israeli shells landed in the UNRWA school compound; (2) No one taking refuge in the U.N. schoolyard was killed; and (3) None of these facts prevented a U.N. agency from falsely reporting that “Israeli shelling directly hit two UNRWA schools…”

It was wrong and against international law for the Palestinians to store weapons in schools, even if empty. You see, I am a neutral, you are a crazy ZioNazi fanatic.

And made them valid military targets, even the ones still in use

No incorrect...

Explain your reasoning.

Uniformed IDF soldiers on active duty? I would.

Please tell me how you would define terrorism in such a way that differentiates it from warfare or military self-defense.

If I read your comments correctly, you don't believe that terrorism can be carried out against "legitimate military objectives"... Is that correct?

So you agree that attacks on uniformed IDF is NOT Terrorism?

There is a vast difference between war and military self-defense... Would you not agree?

YES of course. And firing illegal weapons from civilian areas in gaza is not military self defence, but responding to those illegal weapons is. And that is how fine the line is between the two actions. The Palestinians are in breach of IHL and commit war crimes every rocket that is fired, the IDF defend their citizens from such attacks when they pound the rocket launch sites into dust.

If the Palestinians don't want their kids killed they should keep them away from weapons arsenals.

The kids were no where near weapons arsenals. They were at a school whose coordinates had been transmitted to the Israelis by the UN as a refugee safe zone. The Israelis had the coordinates and used them to instill terror into the Palestinian women and children.

The kids were no where near weapons arsenals. They were at a school whose coordinates had been transmitted to the Israelis by the UN as a refugee safe zone. The Israelis had the coordinates and used them to instill terror into the Palestinian women and children.
What nonsense. It's typical that you would make excuses for Islamic terrorists.

A UNRWA welfare funded school was used by Islamic terrorists to store weapons bought and paid for with UNRWA welfare fraud money.

BS. Every knowledgeable adult knows Middle East mosques & schools are often used to store weapons to be used to kill Israeli's.

Cognitive dissonance as they cheer on the murderous Zionists.

"GAZA CITY — United Nations officials accused Israel of violating international law after artillery shells slammed into a school overflowing with evacuees Wednesday, an attack that Palestinian and U.N. officials said killed at least 20 people and wounded dozens as they slept.

It was one of the worst mass-casualty incidents of the three-week war. The building was the sixth U.N. school in the Gaza Strip to be rocked by explosions during the conflict.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said “all available evidence points to Israeli artillery as the cause” of the pre-dawn attack.

Ban said Israel had received the precise GPS coordinates of the school from the United Nations 17 times.

The White House issued a statement condemning the attack and lamenting the deaths, but did not mention Israel as the possible source."

The U.N. is accusing Israel of breaking international law with an attack on a school in Gaza

BS. Every knowledgeable adult knows Middle East mosques & schools are often used to store weapons to be used to kill Israeli's.

How to get your children killed. It's called Palestinian mentality.

Why Hamas stores its weapons inside hospitals, mosques and schools

Laughable. Only adult men and older teenaged boys died. What are the odds that in a random selection of a refugee population that all the deaths were males of fighting age?

Edited to add: Discussion of the attack OUTSIDE the gates of the Rafah Boys Preparatory A School on August 3, 2014.

Laughable. Only adult men and older teenaged boys died. What are the odds that in a random selection of a refugee population that all the deaths were males of fighting age?

Edited to add: Discussion of the attack OUTSIDE the gates of the Rafah Boys Preparatory A School on August 3, 2014.

Wrong school. This is the average age of the children that were sheltered at the school.

You people are so disgusting. Makes the Holocaust deniers look like saints.

Palestinians-inspect-a-da-012.jpg

Israel responsible for Gaza strikes on UN schools and shelters, inquiry finds

Wrong school. This is the average age of the children that were sheltered at the school.

You people are so disgusting. Makes the Holocaust deniers look like saints.

Palestinians-inspect-a-da-012.jpg

Israel responsible for Gaza strikes on UN schools and shelters, inquiry finds
Wrong school?

How many schools are being used by your Islamic terrorist heroes to store weapons?

It's not surprising that you defend welfare fraud money getting into the hands of islamic terrorists, but it's naive to assume that Islamic terrorists have an entitlement to wage war free from the consequences of Islamic terrorism.

montelatici

Your first post yesterday was concerning the attack on terrorists on August 3, 2014 outside the Rafah Boys Preparatory A School. Only males of fighting age died in that attack. Actually, near as I can tell, only two terrorists died in that attack and the others must have been killed in the "fierce clashes" that occurred outside the school. Are you now withdrawing the accusation that Israel intentionally targeted innocents in this particular attack? Or are you going to continue to insist that this attack was something that it wasn't.

The second accusation you threw out was the incident on July 30, 2014 at a girl's elementary school in Jabalya. There was an exchange of fire near this school between Israel and Hamas forces. Both sides fired in the vicinity. IDF reports that one tank shell hit the school (unintentionally -- not deliberately). This does not constitute a deliberate attack on innocents, but an outcome of warfare in an urban setting.

Forum List

Back