Terrorist Plot? Something Doesn't Add Up!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The recent discovery of two "Toner Cartorage Bombs" seemed like a great find and the world would be safer from the efforts of the authorities.

Then... came the report that the woman reported involved was released after a few hours and the reason was that she had been the victim of identity theft. WTF??? Does anyone else find that astonishing? How did they find the bombs in the first place if the person linked to sending them was a fake? This just doesn't add up. Did the actual bombers turn themselves in or inform on themselves. This would be an Al Quida first. Have they ever started a terror plot and not tried to carry it through ending in just a warning?

This "plot" smells a rat.

Does anyone else find this to be a little much to believe? Let's not go conspiracy here..but there are certainly huge holes in what has been told the public.

The news reporting has been kind of out on a limb imo.

Whether this was a flaccid attempt at Oct Surprise, who knows.

Why this has been the top headline on Google news for 40 hours is a mystery. Seems like a non event.

The recent discovery of two "Toner Cartorage Bombs" seemed like a great find and the world would be safer from the efforts of the authorities.

Then... came the report that the woman reported involved was released after a few hours and the reason was that she had been the victim of identity theft. WTF??? Does anyone else find that astonishing? How did they find the bombs in the first place if the person linked to sending them was a fake? This just doesn't add up. Did the actual bombers turn themselves in or inform on themselves. This would be an Al Quida first. Have they ever started a terror plot and not tried to carry it through ending in just a warning?

Does anyone else find this to be a little much to believe? Let's not go conspiracy here..but there are certainly huge holes in what has been told the public.

This assumes that the government IS telling us the whole story, which, of course, they are not. Too many people assume that once they watch 10 min of CNN they have the entire story, as well as all the background information. This has nothing to do with conspiracy, and everything to do with the fact that the goverment has to keep some infromation from the press due to 1) possible intelligence advantages and 2) making the information part of a legal case.

I've often have said that Obama is like GWB-lite based on the similair actions by Obama to what the Bushies did (spying on Amricans, Gitmo; etc), and now THIS!!
If people put on their "remember-when" hats, they would recall when the Bushies seemed to raise the terror alerts when the Bushies were in political trouble. And it worked back then,,for a while.
Come on Obama, try something original. How about trying to solve the problems in a more-so moderate approach, instead of trying to divert attention of the American people?

This assumes that the government IS telling us the whole story, which, of course, they are not. Too many people assume that once they watch 10 min of CNN they have the entire story, as well as all the background information. This has nothing to do with conspiracy, and everything to do with the fact that the goverment has to keep some infromation from the press due to 1) possible intelligence advantages and 2) making the information part of a legal case.

Yes. I agree that there has to be a reasonable amount of secrecy in a case like this. I'm not suggesting any conspiracy. I just found it odd that the persons of interest who's identities were used to mail the bombs were cut loose so quickly. Like I said in the OP it seems to exclude the possibility that the authorities nailed the plot by nipping it at the bud...since the "Bud" was just a stolen name and address.

Yes. I agree that there has to be a reasonable amount of secrecy in a case like this. I'm not suggesting any conspiracy. I just found it odd that the persons of interest who's identities were used to mail the bombs were cut loose so quickly. Like I said in the OP it seems to exclude the possibility that the authorities nailed the plot by nipping it at the bud...since the "Bud" was just a stolen name and address.
From what I've read, the woman's telephone number was used by whomever shipped the packages but the receiving clerk claimed that it wasn't her that shipped the packages.

How dare you Huggy! President Obama saved all of us from the threat of those fake toner cartridge bombs. What a tremendous leader he is in this time of great fear. You should be thankful and not suspicious.

I for one will be voting straight Democrat tomorrow just because of Obamas' outstanding leadership during this massive terrorist threat, and you should too.

not srs

How dare you Huggy! President Obama saved all of us from the threat of those fake toner cartridge bombs. What a tremendous leader he is in this time of great fear. You should be thankful and not suspicious.

I for one will be voting straight Democrat tomorrow just because of Obamas' outstanding leadership during this massive terrorist threat, and you should too.

not srs

I dare...I dare!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allowing the U.S. military's Special Operations Command units to operate under the CIA would give the U.S. greater leeway to strike at militants even without the explicit blessing of the Yemeni government. In addition to streamlining the launching of strikes, it would provide deniability to the Yemeni government because the CIA operations would be covert. The White House is already considering adding armed CIA drones to the arsenal against militants in Yemen, mirroring the agency's Pakistan campaign.

Yemeni officials have been reluctant to publicly acknowledge U.S. aid in its counterterrorism campaign, given the high anti-American feelings in the country
:eusa_whistle:
Covert CIA Role in Yemen Proposed - WSJ.com

From what I've read, the woman's telephone number was used by whomever shipped the packages but the receiving clerk claimed that it wasn't her that shipped the packages.

What's the big mystery?

They found the bomb BEFORE they found the woman. When they found the bomb, they first thing to do was to track it back to who sent it. That led them to the woman. She (presumably) showed that her identity was stolen, so (presumably) they are looking into the ID theft. Presumably, they are concerned that the person who did give the package to the recieving clerk was involved (duh)

I think it is all part of UPS's new "Logistics" advertisement campaign.

Mad Scientist, et al,

I must have misunderstood.

I for one will be voting straight Democrat tomorrow just because of Obamas' outstanding leadership during this massive terrorist threat, and you should too.not srs
(COMMENT)

I could be wrong, but I understood that the Saudi's, not the US Intelligence Community, discovered this threat.

We don't have any HUMINT or CI resources or assets this effective that can detect, exploit and neutralize a threat like this. We have to depend on others to provide us this information.

Most Respectfully,
R

After having examined the suspicious ink toner device for six hours and found it to be a dud, bomb experts at East Midlands Airport only reversed their decision after being ordered to re-inspect the package by US authorities following President Obama’s Friday afternoon speech in which he claimed that the devices did in fact contain explosives.

This telling contradiction in the timeline of the cargo bomb plot fiasco proves that the story was being hyped and manipulated from the very early stages.
Did Obama Order British Authorities To Find Non-Existent Ink Bomb?

Have you ever been to a photographer, and listened while they distract a little baby to "lookie at the cute lil duckie"..... ?

Just a distraction IMO.... b/c after all, I thought there were no terrorists.

Forum List

Back