Terrorist Plot? Something Doesn't Add Up!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by HUGGY, Nov 1, 2010.

1. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    The recent discovery of two "Toner Cartorage Bombs" seemed like a great find and the world would be safer from the efforts of the authorities.

Then... came the report that the woman reported involved was released after a few hours and the reason was that she had been the victim of identity theft. WTF??? Does anyone else find that astonishing? How did they find the bombs in the first place if the person linked to sending them was a fake? This just doesn't add up. Did the actual bombers turn themselves in or inform on themselves. This would be an Al Quida first. Have they ever started a terror plot and not tried to carry it through ending in just a warning?

This "plot" smells a rat.

Does anyone else find this to be a little much to believe? Let's not go conspiracy here..but there are certainly huge holes in what has been told the public.

2. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    The news reporting has been kind of out on a limb imo.

Whether this was a flaccid attempt at Oct Surprise, who knows.

Why this has been the top headline on Google news for 40 hours is a mystery. Seems like a non event.

3. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,913
    This assumes that the government IS telling us the whole story, which, of course, they are not. Too many people assume that once they watch 10 min of CNN they have the entire story, as well as all the background information. This has nothing to do with conspiracy, and everything to do with the fact that the goverment has to keep some infromation from the press due to 1) possible intelligence advantages and 2) making the information part of a legal case.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,839
    I've often have said that Obama is like GWB-lite based on the similair actions by Obama to what the Bushies did (spying on Amricans, Gitmo; etc), and now THIS!!
    If people put on their "remember-when" hats, they would recall when the Bushies seemed to raise the terror alerts when the Bushies were in political trouble. And it worked back then,,for a while.
    Come on Obama, try something original. How about trying to solve the problems in a more-so moderate approach, instead of trying to divert attention of the American people?

5. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Yes. I agree that there has to be a reasonable amount of secrecy in a case like this. I'm not suggesting any conspiracy. I just found it odd that the persons of interest who's identities were used to mail the bombs were cut loose so quickly. Like I said in the OP it seems to exclude the possibility that the authorities nailed the plot by nipping it at the bud...since the "Bud" was just a stolen name and address.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    From what I've read, the woman's telephone number was used by whomever shipped the packages but the receiving clerk claimed that it wasn't her that shipped the packages.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    How dare you Huggy! President Obama saved all of us from the threat of those fake toner cartridge bombs. What a tremendous leader he is in this time of great fear. You should be thankful and not suspicious.

I for one will be voting straight Democrat tomorrow just because of Obamas' outstanding leadership during this massive terrorist threat, and you should too.

not srs

8. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I dare...I dare!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Jos

Jos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +733