Terrorism carried out by Christians, too

Are “all terrorists Muslims” as some have alleged? The European Union law enforcement office just released an assessment of terror in 2009. The report says “Islamist terrorism is still perceived as the biggest threat to most Member States, despite the fact that only one Islamist terrorist attack a bomb attack in Italy took place in the EU in 2009.”

This attack is one out of about 400 failed, foiled or successful attacks reported. There were 110 arrests of suspected Islamists out of a total of 587 arrests for associations with terror groups or failed, foiled or successful attacks. This statistic excludes a large number of Christian terrorists arrested in the UK — primarily from IRA and Protestant groups.

The Global Terror Database, a project of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, documents 87,000 terrorist incidents from 1970 through 2008. It documents far more acts of terror in the United States by right-wing terrorists and animal rights terrorists than by Islamists.

For example, since 1990, 47 law enforcement officials and security guards were murdered by white supremacists and other right-wing extremists.

Are there other Christian terrorists? The Lord’s Resistance Army in Uganda, for example, wants to establish a Christian theocracy in the name of Jesus Christ in Uganda. In two years, they have killed 2,000 and displaced another 400,000.

Terror on our planet is driven by political agendas of the left and the right and is perpetrated by alleged followers of many religions.

interesting view!

Certainly you must know that the designation as Christian there is not about the Christian faith, right? So, when a person there is called a Christian, it really means nothing. It is like a republican and democrat, there is nothing true about either, they just appose each other, and take sides to do that.

So, this statement is worthless, at best.

I don't get your point. My point was that there aren't any of Christ's teaching that promote racism, His teachings can't be used to validate racism.

There is a lot of bad stuff in the Bible, particularly the Old Testament. People will interpret religion in a manner that suits their interests.

I don't ever recall you making this argument, so I'm not directing it at yourself. However, many here interpret the actions of Islamic extremists as indicative of Islam as a whole yet will whitewash the awful stuff done by Christians in the name of Christianity. Its a hypocritical double-standard. If the Islamic terrorists are supposedly representative of Islam, why aren't the Christian terrorists of the KKK not representative of Christianity?

Are “all terrorists Muslims” as some have alleged? The European Union law enforcement office just released an assessment of terror in 2009. The report says “Islamist terrorism is still perceived as the biggest threat to most Member States, despite the fact that only one Islamist terrorist attack a bomb attack in Italy took place in the EU in 2009.”

This attack is one out of about 400 failed, foiled or successful attacks reported. There were 110 arrests of suspected Islamists out of a total of 587 arrests for associations with terror groups or failed, foiled or successful attacks. This statistic excludes a large number of Christian terrorists arrested in the UK — primarily from IRA and Protestant groups.

The Global Terror Database, a project of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, documents 87,000 terrorist incidents from 1970 through 2008. It documents far more acts of terror in the United States by right-wing terrorists and animal rights terrorists than by Islamists.

For example, since 1990, 47 law enforcement officials and security guards were murdered by white supremacists and other right-wing extremists.

Are there other Christian terrorists? The Lord’s Resistance Army in Uganda, for example, wants to establish a Christian theocracy in the name of Jesus Christ in Uganda. In two years, they have killed 2,000 and displaced another 400,000.

Terror on our planet is driven by political agendas of the left and the right and is perpetrated by alleged followers of many religions.

interesting view!

Big difference is Christians committing violence are violating Christian doctrine.

Muslims, OTOH, committing violence are following Islamic doctrine.

Allahu fuckbar!

I don't get your point. My point was that there aren't any of Christ's teaching that promote racism, His teachings can't be used to validate racism.

There is a lot of bad stuff in the Bible, particularly the Old Testament. People will interpret religion in a manner that suits their interests.

I don't ever recall you making this argument, so I'm not directing it at yourself. However, many here interpret the actions of Islamic extremists as indicative of Islam as a whole yet will whitewash the awful stuff done by Christians in the name of Christianity. Its a hypocritical double-standard. If the Islamic terrorists are supposedly representative of Islam, why aren't the Christian terrorists of the KKK not representative of Christianity?

There is a difference: Violence in the Bible is historical in nature. Vioilence in the Quran is doctrinal.

because they modify God commandments!

Only judeo-christians make racial separations in cult places :evil:

I never heard about White mosque!

Perhaps you should say 'only SOME judeo-christians make racial separations...', then your remark may be closer to having some truth in it. And which judeo-christians separate themselves based on race? The white ones? The black ones? Or both? I'm thinking it's both, and if they want to live their lives that way, more power to them.

Do you realize that most bloody wars in 19th and 20th century are motivated by racism not real religion?

Do you realize most wars over the last 1400 years have been started by the religion of peace?

I guess not, since you're mentally defective.

and how to explain the existence of white and black churches in 21th century? shame...
obama-to-meet-with-black-church-leaders.jpeg

They have nothing to do with teachings of Christ, so maybe ask the people who attend them why they segregate themselves, black and white alike.

I guess you never heard of the ummah, moron, that separates the Muslim community from the rest of the world How about dar al Islam and dar al harb, the House of Islam and the House of War? Clueless about that, too, jackass?

interesting view!

Certainly you must know that the designation as Christian there is not about the Christian faith, right? So, when a person there is called a Christian, it really means nothing. It is like a republican and democrat, there is nothing true about either, they just appose each other, and take sides to do that.

So, this statement is worthless, at best.

yeah?
Do you mean that catholic IRA accept protestants in their army and protestant army UVF accept catholic in their troops?? I doubt :doubt:

Perhaps you should say 'only SOME judeo-christians make racial separations...', then your remark may be closer to having some truth in it. And which judeo-christians separate themselves based on race? The white ones? The black ones? Or both? I'm thinking it's both, and if they want to live their lives that way, more power to them.

Do you realize that most bloody wars in 19th and 20th century are motivated by racism not real religion?

Do you realize most wars over the last 1400 years have been started by the religion of peace?

I guess not, since you're mentally defective.

exactly, religion of peace!
hitler_at_catholic_church.jpg

native indians
images

There is a difference: Violence in the Bible is historical in nature. Vioilence in the Quran is doctrinal.

God killing people because they displeased Him is not in the Bible as a historical reference.

Excellent point. Since I am not a muslim and have not studied islam, I wouldn't know one way or the other if terrorists were representative of Islam and what it prescribes or preaches. It also doesn't mean that they are not representatives of it either. As to your point about Christians, 'Christ'ians are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ. When one is murdering or being racist, one is not following the teachings of Christ. It's fairly simple to open up the New Testament and read his words. People who distort scripture for their own sinful purposes are sinning, and are not representative of Christ's teachings. I don't think Islam is so clear cut since from what I understand Mohammad's teachings are to spread Islam via bloodshed and violence. I don't know that for a fact, but I've heard many people who were muslim testify to that fact. If Islam is being distorted by a certain percentage, it wouldn't surprise me since the same is done in Christianity. However, I don't think in today's world that the violence perpetrated by the distortion of one religion even comes close to the violence perpetrated from the distortion of the other, and that should be a legitimate concern.

I believe that is the case as well. Altho, there is some violence in the old testament that could be considered 'doctrinal', but most who speak against Christianity just choose to forget that there is a New Testament.

Excellent point. Since I am not a muslim and have not studied islam, I wouldn't know one way or the other if terrorists were representative of Islam and what it prescribes or preaches. It also doesn't mean that they are not representatives of it either. As to your point about Christians, 'Christ'ians are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ. When one is murdering or being racist, one is not following the teachings of Christ. It's fairly simple to open up the New Testament and read his words. People who distort scripture for their own sinful purposes are sinning, and are not representative of Christ's teachings. I don't think Islam is so clear cut since from what I understand Mohammad's teachings are to spread Islam via bloodshed and violence. I don't know that for a fact, but I've heard many people who were muslim testify to that fact. If Islam is being distorted by a certain percentage, it wouldn't surprise me since the same is done in Christianity. However, I don't think in today's world that the violence perpetrated by the distortion of one religion even comes close to the violence perpetrated from the distortion of the other, and that should be a legitimate concern.

Terrorism is the foundation of Islam. Now, you know.

Quran 9:111...
Verily, Allâh has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allâh's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur'ân. And who is truer to his covenant than Allâh? Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.

I believe that is the case as well. Altho, there is some violence in the old testament that could be considered 'doctrinal', but most who speak against Christianity just choose to forget that there is a New Testament.

The doctrinal 10 Commandments say thou shall not murder.

End of story.

Christians are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ, and Christ told us to follow the scriptures of the Old Testament. Well, for example, in the OT, God tells Noah to build an ark and get two of every animal because there is going to be a flood that kills everybody. Now, did God do that because he really loves animals and just wanted to protect them, or is it because he wanted to kill the sinners? A question you must ask is if we are to whitewash away the OT, why is it even part of the Bible in the first place? Isn't the Bible the word of God? Why should we accept the 10 Commandments but ignore God killing the people of Sodom and Gommorah?

I agree with your last sentence. The problem today is primarily violence by Muslims. I also think Christianity is a better religion that Islam, which is why I am a Christian. But you have to look at societies through a continuum of history. At one time, Christians perpetrated horrendous acts. We have, for the most part, evolved away from these acts, not so much because of religion because of our understandings of the concepts of human rights and enlightment. That has occurred much less so in the Middle East. But that is more a function of history than religion, though religion plays a part.

Christians are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ, and Christ told us to follow the scriptures of the Old Testament. Well, for example, in the OT, God tells Noah to build an ark and get two of every animal because there is going to be a flood that kills everybody. Now, did God do that because he really loves animals and just wanted to protect them, or is it because he wanted to kill the sinners? A question you must ask is if we are to whitewash away the OT, why is it even part of the Bible in the first place? Isn't the Bible the word of God? Why should we accept the 10 Commandments but ignore God killing the people of Sodom and Gommorah?

I agree with your last sentence. The problem today is primarily violence by Muslims. I also think Christianity is a better religion that Islam, which is why I am a Christian. But you have to look at societies through a continuum of history. At one time, Christians perpetrated horrendous acts. We have, for the most part, evolved away from these acts, not so much because of religion because of our understandings of the concepts of human rights and enlightment. That has occurred much less so in the Middle East. But that is more a function of history than religion, though religion plays a part.

The New Testament was a new convenant brought by Jesus because man would never be able to adhere to all of the laws in the Old Covenant, and therefore never be saved. As far as God 'killing' His creation because of their sin, I'm not sure what that has to do with what Christ taught and preached, and why that would allow those who follow His word to do the same thing as God, i.e. kill sinners, especially since there was a specific commandment saying just the opposite.

People who called themselves Christians perpetrated horrendous acts, and still do today. If one is not following Christ and making every effort to live as He would want you to live, I'd argue that they're not Christians then.

Christian "terrorists" are in violation of Christian doctrine of peace.

Muslim jihadists are in compliance with Islamic doctrine of jihad.

Foremost Islamic scholar Bernard Lewis...
For most of the fourteen centuries of recorded Muslim history, jihad was most commonly interpreted to mean armed struggle for the defense or advancement of Muslim power. In Muslim tradition, the world is divided into two houses: the House of Islam (Dar al-Islam), in which Muslim governments rule and Muslim law prevails, and the House of War (Dar al-Harb), the rest of the world, still inhabited and, more important, ruled by infidels. The presumption is that the duty of jihad will continue, interrupted only by truces, until all the world either adopts the Muslim faith or submits to Muslim rule.

o newby you just had to ask that question didnt ya...

forgive the roughness of this...but its been a long time since i have been exposed to them....

first....when cain leaves eden to go into the land of nod...east of eden....he is marked so that others will know not to kill him...

these people believe cains mark was his skin was colored black

second...

And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant

New Page 1

claims this is the reason blacks are to serve whites...

so yes you can use the bible to defend racism

FYI: Ham was given Africa. Canaan, his son, assigned to serve, squatted in Canaan, and was cursed by the Lord for not following his father to Africa. That would mean he wasn't in Africa, no excuse to enslave Africans.
In the NT, Yeshua blessed the Canaanite woman (the one that told Him, even a dog, can expect scraps from the Master's table), proving that thru Yeshua, all things are possible.

one cannot pick and choose what parts of the bible they elect to believe in....i am well aware of the law of god and the grace of jesus arguement....

lets look at matthew 15: verses 20 something....where jesus says he comes only for the sheep of israel and helping the cannite woman would be like ...tossing bread to a dog

Looks like you are being very selective. Did Yeshua give the Canaanite woman what she asked for, because of her faith?

Yeah, that is pretty much the point of Christians: there are relatively no Christian terrorists (terrorists that kill "in the name of Yeshua"), but there are terrorists that are not muslim that terrorize for other reasons. See your above statements. (Kinda stepped in that one, didn't ya).

Forum List

Back