Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'

Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'
Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

This POS violently raped the young girl then strangled her 33 years ago. WTF?! What a waste of moneys keeping this POS alive for 33 years.

My justice would be, they are found guilty, they get ONE Appeal that must occur within 90 days of the sentence and if that ONE Appeal is rejected then they are executed. I would not tolerate this multiple decades of keeping them alive, that is wrong and it's also a waste of taxpayers money.

About what? The pain caused by the drug? Oh wait Tennessee wants to use other drugs, but is being stopped by the manufacturers and others as an end run attempt to nullify the existing laws allowing the DP.

Sorry, but if your side wants to play those games, you can;t then whine about the states having to try something else.

My "side"??

My "side" is the United States Constitution. Pray, what other "side" is there?

No, your side is "I don't like the Death Penalty". The Constitution allows for it. The 5th amendment specifically references "life and limb" with regards to double jeopardy.

Your side wants to override the will of the people with pharmaceutical games, then whines when the replacement drugs may not be as quick or painless as the ones that were originally to be used.

So you ARE completely illiterate.

For the SIXTH (6th) TIME NOW this thread is not about the death penalty. READ IT.

Yes, it is about the death penalty. You have stated your obvious opposition to it. in this case the issue is with the backup drugs the State has to use because of the asshattery of the drug companies making the drugs the STATE WANTS TO USE to make the condemned's suffering as minimal as possible.

OK well as long as you're going to run away from the topic and pretend it's about something else you have nothing to contribute here. Come back when you've had reading lessons.

And once you've had them you'll be able to see I've posted absolutely zero about the merits of death penalty. Have your teacher explain what "zero" means.

I can't stand dishonest posters. Dismissed.

It degrades us as a civilization. Or a purported civilization anyway.

Kind of like why we don't engage in torture. Or burn women at the stake.

In another post you refer to "death penalty" freaks...

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

I'm not actually seeing where this was cruel and unusual. I read the article, and as near as I can tell, the people bitching about this were just citing the fact that he was dying and aware that he was dying. There's a limit to how much you can keep death from sucking. That's kinda the point of doing it.

I'm guessing his death was a whole lot more pleasant than his victim's.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

I'm not actually seeing where this was cruel and unusual. I read the article, and as near as I can tell, the people bitching about this were just citing the fact that he was dying and aware that he was dying. There's a limit to how much you can keep death from sucking. That's kinda the point of doing it.

I'm guessing his death was a whole lot more pleasant than his victim's.
Reports stated writhingand gasping for air

How does it violate the constitution? After all the constitution specifically references execution:

The 5th Amendment:

That's EIGHTH Amendment, Sprinkles. 8th. As was specifically pointed out on page 1 here.

How can the Death penalty be considered cruel and unusual if it is specifically referenced as a valid punishment in the same document?

:banghead:

Can you read at all?

About what? The pain caused by the drug? Oh wait Tennessee wants to use other drugs, but is being stopped by the manufacturers and others as an end run attempt to nullify the existing laws allowing the DP.

Sorry, but if your side wants to play those games, you can;t then whine about the states having to try something else.

My "side"??

Russia and fascism and white supremacy.

That's EIGHTH Amendment, Sprinkles. 8th. As was specifically pointed out on page 1 here.

How can the Death penalty be considered cruel and unusual if it is specifically referenced as a valid punishment in the same document?

:banghead:

Can you read at all?

My "side"??

Russia and fascism and white supremacy.

lol.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"or cruel and unusual punishment."

What these wastes of human skin do to innocent children also is cruel and unusual, so who cares what suffering they have when being executed.

That's the one. And to re-post my question from earlier in the thread which I don't believe ever garnered a response, if "chemically burning at the stake" isn't 'cruel and unusual' then what the fuck IS?
I don’t consider a few minutes of discomfort in the administration of lawful, deserved justice to be cruel. But hey, one could easily argue that a lot of legal punishments are ‘cruel’. My fucking God!!!! Depriving somebody of freedom for years is cruel!!! Let’s do away with imprisonment under the guise of the Constitution

My "side"??

No, your side is "I don't like the Death Penalty". The Constitution allows for it. The 5th amendment specifically references "life and limb" with regards to double jeopardy.

Your side wants to override the will of the people with pharmaceutical games, then whines when the replacement drugs may not be as quick or painless as the ones that were originally to be used.

So you ARE completely illiterate.

For the SIXTH (6th) TIME NOW this thread is not about the death penalty. READ IT.

Yes, it is about the death penalty. You have stated your obvious opposition to it. in this case the issue is with the backup drugs the State has to use because of the asshattery of the drug companies making the drugs the STATE WANTS TO USE to make the condemned's suffering as minimal as possible.

OK well as long as you're going to run away from the topic and pretend it's about something else you have nothing to contribute here. Come back when you've had reading lessons.

And once you've had them you'll be able to see I've posted absolutely zero about the merits of death penalty. Have your teacher explain what "zero" means.

I can't stand dishonest posters. Dismissed.

In another post you refer to "death penalty" freaks...

Here's a ready example of what a dishonest lying HACK you are.

First you pulled a quote of mine from earlier in the thread --- then linked it to a different post altogether ---- and in the process EDITED OUT the post I was responding to taking it *COMPLETELY* out of its context so you could try to make your piddling little dishonest LYING claim.

Fortunately I know what I post and recognized this DISHONEST HACKERY immediately and went to retrieve the actual post, with its actual legitimate link; ROLL IT.

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

*****THAT***** is what that post was about, fucking LYING HACK. As I FUCKING SAID, it was and is about what denotes "cruel and unusual punishment" and why it's Constitutionally prohibited. ****NOT**** an argument having anything to do with the death penalty, you worthless lying piece of SHIT. That's what it was about, it's on the FUCKING RECORD and there ain't a god damned thing in the world you can do about it.

Now you're being reported. Fucking HACK. :fu:

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

What these wastes of human skin do to innocent children also is cruel and unusual, so who cares what suffering they have when being executed.

That's the one. And to re-post my question from earlier in the thread which I don't believe ever garnered a response, if "chemically burning at the stake" isn't 'cruel and unusual' then what the fuck IS?

I don’t consider a few minutes of discomfort in the administration of lawful, deserved justice to be cruel. But hey, one could easily argue that a lot of legal punishments are ‘cruel’. My fucking God!!!! Depriving somebody of freedom for years is cruel!!! Let’s do away with imprisonment under the guise of the Constitution

Then answer the question no one has addressed --- if "chemically burning at the stake" isn't 'cruel' ---- what would be? Where is the line?

For a guide:
>> In Wilkerson v. Utah, 99 U.S. 130 (1878), the Supreme Court commented that drawing and quartering, public dissection, burning alive, or disembowelment constituted cruel and unusual punishment.[21] In Thompson v. Oklahoma, 487 U.S. 815 (1988), the Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty constituted cruel and unusual punishment if the defendant is under age 16 when the crime was committed. Furthermore, in Roper v. Simmons, 543 U.S. 551 (2005), the Court barred the executing of people who were under age 18 when the crime was committed. In Atkins v. Virginia, 536 U.S. 304 (2002), the Court declared that executing people who are mentally handicapped constituted cruel and unusual punishment. << (Wiki)​

And again interestingly Tennessee has a proposed law pending that would prohibit executing the mentally ill, which would have made this execution illegal.

The death penalty shows that we, as a society, put such a sacred bond on life that if you take one, you sacrifice your own.
That is no sacred bond.
Yes it is. Ask the child murderer if you don't believe me.
There is no sacred bond as long as the system inequitable and as long as innocent people get executed.
And as long as women alone are allowed to kill their own children at will.

Still, if you take a life, you risk sacrificing your own. Demz da rules, like it or not. Ask this child murderer if you don't believe me.
And as long as innocent people are executed. Most pro lifers stop short there.
The innocent don't take other's lives.

If they did, they wouldn't be innocent, now would they.

That is no sacred bond.
There is no sacred bond as long as the system inequitable and as long as innocent people get executed.

Still, if you take a life, you risk sacrificing your own. Demz da rules, like it or not. Ask this child murderer if you don't believe me.

DING what is an example of Begging the Question fallacy for 600 Alex

You're much more cruel than I, oh great locker of men in cages and separator of families.

You're much more cruel than I, oh great locker of men in cages and separator of families.

Dear post office: I received this post misaddressed. Please pass it on to Agent Orange. I didn't read it, honest.

Dear post office: I received this post misaddressed. Please pass it on to Agent Orange. I didn't read it, honest.
How many innocents have committed murder.

Go.

Bullshit, no one knows about pain because the perp dies when injected. Justice Sotomayor is full of shit when she says:

"Although the Midazolam may temporarily render Irick unconscious, the onset of pain and suffocation will rouse him. And it may do so just as the paralysis sets in, too late for him to alert bystanders that his execution has gone horribly (if predictably) wrong."

Notice the word "may" she doesn't know and neither does anyone else.

Go.

I gives you a hint. It rhymes with "hero".

Go.

I gives you a hint. It rhymes with "hero".
Exactly. :)

So why put them to death?

cut to the chase already... this is a painful subject and has been sorted out in the annals of 'just about every civilization that one can imagine'... Execution in the public square is cathartic! Not meant for gratuitous enjoyment by sick Fucks, ( like some of you)!

It serves a societal purpose...there is nothing 'noble' or uplifting in the process...! An (example)... one that I cringe at with every fiber of my being...

Last edited:
Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Then answer the question no one has addressed --- if "chemically burning at the stake" isn't 'cruel' ---- what would be? Where is the line?

For a guide:
>> In Wilkerson v. Utah, 99 U.S. 130 (1878), the Supreme Court commented that drawing and quartering, public dissection, burning alive, or disembowelment constituted cruel and unusual punishment.[21] In Thompson v. Oklahoma, 487 U.S. 815 (1988), the Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty constituted cruel and unusual punishment if the defendant is under age 16 when the crime was committed. Furthermore, in Roper v. Simmons, 543 U.S. 551 (2005), the Court barred the executing of people who were under age 18 when the crime was committed. In Atkins v. Virginia, 536 U.S. 304 (2002), the Court declared that executing people who are mentally handicapped constituted cruel and unusual punishment. << (Wiki)​

And again interestingly Tennessee has a proposed law pending that would prohibit executing the mentally ill, which would have made this execution illegal.
Your post is that of a lying fucking hack (as you like to put it). Nobody was 'chemically burned at the stake'. Get back to us when you grow the fuck up and drop the hyperbolic fucktardation.

Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

I say lets dig the mother flocker up and kill him again...….

Forum List

Back