Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.
I don't revel in sadism, but I am firmly in support of this execution. I don't take enjoyment in him possibly being in discomfort from the drugs. Just don't care much. Call it apathy about his self-induced plight.

The simple fact is, those against death penalty are just using the possible pain aspect of the drugs as a means to prevent executions as a whole. If every state would do away with this drug concoction and use something that was completely painless, they would still try to twist that into 'cruel and unusual'.

Once again the conflation.

You can be in support of the death penalty all you like. That isn't the issue here at all. You can kind of tell that from the moment you read the title, which is then reinforced in the OP link. It's about the method.

We can all debate the merits/demerits of the death penalty itself elsewhere but it ain't the point here. Our starting point here is that in Tennessee it's a given.

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

See what I mean? You just went down the same hole. Death is a one-zero proposition; it's either death or life, not the 'degrees' sadists cream their jeans over.

What's sailing over all y'all's heads is this -------------- your emotions are irrelevant. Once you start running on that you're in deep doodoo.

what a shame, I'm not an effing computer.

emotions?

yea..

10 years of dealing with assholes like that, bragging about what they did, makes it kind of hard to maintain an unemotional stance

Doesn't matter, it's gotta be did.

Put simply, if you're unable to divorce your emotions from justice, then you're not qualified to be dispensing the latter. Obviously some klown in Tennessee is unqualified.

No amount of sadism brings the victim back; all it does is feed the sadists.

Interestingly the state has a law pending that would prohibit this kind of administration of the mentally ill. So it could soon make what it just did, illegal.

I have zero human sympathy or empathy for child murderers and paedophiles. I do not give a crap if they suffer, I WANT them to suffer for what they did to innocent children. If that means I am a sadist, then okay I am a sadist.

Put simply, if you're unable to divorce your emotions from justice, then you're not qualified to be dispensing the latter. Obviously some klown in Tennessee is unqualified.

Interestingly the state has a law pending that would prohibit this kind of administration of the mentally ill. So it could soon make what it just did, illegal.

Like I said earlier..

I'm not an effing computer.

I doubt the judge and jury that decided his fate were either.

(I'm sorry to hear you are)

Again --- I'm in no way immune to the emotion, and I get it and share it.

But I also know where its place is, and where it isn't. And it's got no place here. When you're sentencing this criminal you're sentencing on behalf of the citizenry and its society and its Law --- not to indulge your own emotions.
Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'
Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
So what if it violates the constituent, right? It’s nit like that document means anything to your ilk anyway

How does it violate the constitution? After all the constitution specifically references execution:

The 5th Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.[92]

That's EIGHTH Amendment, Sprinkles. 8th. As was specifically pointed out on page 1 here.

How can the Death penalty be considered cruel and unusual if it is specifically referenced as a valid punishment in the same document?

:banghead:

Can you read at all?

Yep, that would be it.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

See what I mean? You just went down the same hole. Death is a one-zero proposition; it's either death or life, not the 'degrees' sadists cream their jeans over.

What's sailing over all y'all's heads is this -------------- your emotions are irrelevant. Once you start running on that you're in deep doodoo.

emotions?

yea..

10 years of dealing with assholes like that, bragging about what they did, makes it kind of hard to maintain an unemotional stance

I have zero human sympathy or empathy for child murderers and paedophiles. I do not give a crap if they suffer, I WANT them to suffer for what they did to innocent children. If that means I am a sadist, then okay I am a sadist.

Well at least you're honest. And that's exactly what I respect about you.

The emotions expressed are understandable, and we all share them. But they can't be used in administering Justice, because it's not Justice.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"or cruel and unusual punishment."

What these wastes of human skin do to innocent children also is cruel and unusual, so who cares what suffering they have when being executed.

sadism?

emotions?

yea..

There are only a few things I cannot tolerate on ANY level, cruelty to animals and child murderers and paedophiles, I have Zero Tolerance.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"or cruel and unusual punishment."

What these wastes of human skin do to innocent children also is cruel and unusual, so who cares what suffering they have when being executed.

That's the one. And to re-post my question from earlier in the thread which I don't believe ever garnered a response, if "chemically burning at the stake" isn't 'cruel and unusual' then what the fuck IS?

Like I said earlier..

I'm not an effing computer.

I doubt the judge and jury that decided his fate were either.

(I'm sorry to hear you are)

But I also know where its place is, and where it isn't. And it's got no place here. When you're sentencing this criminal you're sentencing on behalf of the citizenry and its society and its Law --- not to indulge your own emotions.
Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
So what if it violates the constituent, right? It’s nit like that document means anything to your ilk anyway

How does it violate the constitution? After all the constitution specifically references execution:

The 5th Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.[92]

That's EIGHTH Amendment, Sprinkles. 8th. As was specifically pointed out on page 1 here.

How can the Death penalty be considered cruel and unusual if it is specifically referenced as a valid punishment in the same document?

Can you read at all?

About what? The pain caused by the drug? Oh wait Tennessee wants to use other drugs, but is being stopped by the manufacturers and others as an end run attempt to nullify the existing laws allowing the DP.

Sorry, but if your side wants to play those games, you can;t then whine about the states having to try something else.

emotions?

yea..

There are only a few things I cannot tolerate on ANY level, cruelty to animals and child murderers and paedophiles, I have Zero Tolerance.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. But there's our personal tolerance --- and then there's the Law.
We can't mix them up.

The 5th Amendment:

Can you read at all?

About what? The pain caused by the drug? Oh wait Tennessee wants to use other drugs, but is being stopped by the manufacturers and others as an end run attempt to nullify the existing laws allowing the DP.

Sorry, but if your side wants to play those games, you can;t then whine about the states having to try something else.

My "side"??

My "side" is the United States Constitution. Pray, what other "side" is there?

Too short a pain

the scum child killer is suffering

just too short

not fair

I do not see why a child murderer should have a peaceful death, most of this crowd have inflicted horrible tortures and ENJOYED watching their child victim suffer, I go for an Eye for an Eye, IMHO the absolute correct death for them is to do EXACTLY to them what they did to their child victim including whatever tortures, they should go the same way their child victim went.

Billy Irick was sentenced to death because the jury felt he could not live in society and deemed that regardless of rehabilitation efforts he would never be able to function in society. He was punished for his actions. He deserved to be put to death. If American inadvertently kills an innocent victim, which I believe would be almost nonexistent, because of the appeals process, oh well oopps

The 5th Amendment:

Can you read at all?

My "side"??

No, your side is "I don't like the Death Penalty". The Constitution allows for it. The 5th amendment specifically references "life and limb" with regards to double jeopardy.

Your side wants to override the will of the people with pharmaceutical games, then whines when the replacement drugs may not be as quick or painless as the ones that were originally to be used.

emotions?

yea..

I agree with you wholeheartedly. But there's our personal tolerance --- and then there's the Law.
We can't mix them up.

Well yes, but in these cases, go Medieval on their buttocks!

:Boom2::Boom2::Boom2::Boom2::Boom2::Boom2:

Just put him in a cell that's wallpapered with Hillary's face and leave a rope and a hook in the ceiling and just wait.

Can you read at all?

My "side"??

No, your side is "I don't like the Death Penalty". The Constitution allows for it. The 5th amendment specifically references "life and limb" with regards to double jeopardy.

Your side wants to override the will of the people with pharmaceutical games, then whines when the replacement drugs may not be as quick or painless as the ones that were originally to be used.

So you ARE completely illiterate.

For the SIXTH (6th) TIME NOW this thread is not about the death penalty. READ IT.

Look, these people are heinous pieces of filth, but how can anyone support this treatment of them?

This waste of human skin tortured and violently raped a child then murdered her, I have ZERO sympathy or empathy that he suffered, he deserved it and he can now rot in Hell.

Can you read at all?

My "side"??

For the SIXTH (6th) TIME NOW this thread is not about the death penalty. READ IT.

Yes, it is about the death penalty. You have stated your obvious opposition to it. in this case the issue is with the backup drugs the State has to use because of the asshattery of the drug companies making the drugs the STATE WANTS TO USE to make the condemned's suffering as minimal as possible.

Can you read at all?

My "side"??

Yes, it is about the death penalty. You have stated your obvious opposition to it. in this case the issue is with the backup drugs the State has to use because of the asshattery of the drug companies making the drugs the STATE WANTS TO USE to make the condemned's suffering as minimal as possible.

OK well as long as you're going to run away from the topic and pretend it's about something else you have nothing to contribute here. Come back when you've had reading lessons.

And once you've had them you'll be able to see I've posted absolutely zero about the merits of death penalty. Have your teacher explain what "zero" means.

I can't stand dishonest posters. Dismissed.

Forum List

Back