• Other

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth to Daughter - ABC News

This is a different case than the URL above.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lX7BcLrV4]10 year old GIVES BIRTH - YouTube[/ame]

The thing that kills me is - Google "10 year-old gives birth." 2.2 million results. Granted, the same story will be covered by many news outlets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

For the sake of argument. Your child, ten or under, is pregnant. If this was your daughter, what would you do?

My general answer is I wouldn't put her through the birth. HOWEVER if it's later into the pregnancy (4+ months) I would have her have a c section and raise the child myself, assuming the 10 year old's health wasn't at risk by going through it.

I think it's a hoke.
That was not a ten year old being wheeled into a delivery room.
And I think the you tube video is fake.

• Banned
My general answer is I wouldn't put her through the birth. HOWEVER if it's later into the pregnancy (4+ months) I would have her have a c section and raise the child myself, assuming the 10 year old's health wasn't at risk by going through it.

My first answer was I wouldn't put her through it. My second answer was based on the assumption the girl wouldn't know she was pregnant until she was showing. *Probably not even then; but I would know.* In that scenario, I would consult with doctors ASAP as to how this would affect her both physically and mentally/emotionally.

IF I could get her through it, I would raise the child for her, if I were able.

Okay. And how about the wiki list of all the young women who have become mothers under the age of 12.

11 and 12 yes. Because that is when the majority of periods start.
It may be real, but very few start their periods at around 9 or 10.

Yes and it is very rare, compared to the billions of us who are out there in the world.

Peach? Honey? The fact that it's rare doesn't mean shit when it happens to your own offspring, capisce?

I mean, I will be 54 in less than a month, and the offspring in question is 31 now. SO: that's not the point. The point is, what would you do if your child was the pregnant one.

Soy induces hyper femininity in girls and feminization in boys. This is why girls are getting pregnant at a younger age, and boys are turning into metrosexuals.

Jeeze Boop. Unbelievable...

I would probably want the child and either raise it myself or give it up for adoption if I was unable to raise it. Hopefully, the child would enrich a couple who were unable to have children. I know that the two I adopted was loved beyond measure... and still are.

Then I'd want to know WHO was the father and what the circumstances were. Not sure what I would do... but having sex with a girl under 12? My God in Heaven...

Jeeze Boop. Unbelievable...

I would probably want the child and either raise it myself or give it up for adoption if I was unable to raise it. Hopefully, the child would enrich a couple who were unable to have children. I know that the two I adopted was loved beyond measure... and still are.

Then I'd want to know WHO was the father and what the circumstances were. Not sure what I would do... but having sex with a girl under 12? My God in Heaven...

Why 10-Year-Olds Shouldn't Give Birth | Pregnancy & Health | LiveScience

"Any 10-year-old who is pregnant has already been abused significantly by somebody," he said. "That probably should go without saying."

Nor are 10-, 11- and 12-year-olds remotely prepared to care for a baby, Wall said. But the risks are physical, as well.

"The placenta preferentially will take nutrition from the mother, who really is a child," said Sherry Thomas, an ob/gyn at Mission Community Hospital in Panorama City, Calif. That means that the developing fetus will leach calcium and other nutrients from a child who should still be growing herself. Likewise, pregnancy puts a major strain on the cardiovascular system, according to Wall. Pregnant women have about 50 percent more blood circulating through their bodies compared with non-pregnant women.

The greatest danger, however, is to the pelvic floor. Girls may start ovulating and menstruating as early as age 9, though the average is around 12 to 13. (Some studies suggest that the average age of first menstruation is dropping, but the data is not conclusive.) Just because a girl can get pregnant, though, doesn't mean she can safely deliver a baby. The pelvis does not fully widen until the late teens, meaning that young girls may not be able to push the baby through the birth canal.

The results are horrific, said Wall and Thomas, who have both worked in Africa treating women in the aftermath of such labors. Girls may labor for days; many die. Their babies often don't survive labor either.

The women and girls who do survive often develop fistulas, which are holes between the vaginal wall and the rectum or bladder. When the baby's head pushes down and gets stuck, it can cut portions of the mother's soft tissue between its skull and her pelvic bones. As a result, the tissue dies, and a hole forms. Feces and urine then leak through the hole and out of the vagina. Women with fistulas are often divorced and shunned. And young girls are at higher risk.

/shudder

There is so much more to consider. I don't think this is a decision that will be made instantly or lightly.

Obviously, the infant would have to be born c-section.

Yes and it is very rare, compared to the billions of us who are out there in the world.

Peach? Honey? The fact that it's rare doesn't mean shit when it happens to your own offspring, capisce?

I mean, I will be 54 in less than a month, and the offspring in question is 31 now. SO: that's not the point. The point is, what would you do if your child was the pregnant one.

I dont know, because I have never had a kid.

That child lying there with a big belly is kind of creepy. In 30 plus years working in healthcare, the youngest positive pregnancy test I've seen is 11 years old. She was an emergency room patient and I don't know what happened with her after leaving the ER.

One cause of earlier puberty these days is obesity. Fat girls are physiologically able but not yet emotionally able to be mothers. The kid in the OP does not look overweight.

I dont know, because I have never had a kid.

Can you imagine if you had? I mean, obviously I never had a pregnant 10 y/o daughter, but I did have a daughter and I was there when she gave birth in her mid-20's. I cannot imagine her going through a pregnancy, labor and delivery at 10, but if somebody threw me in those shoes, what would I do?

I just don't think there are any easy answers.

And as a solid pro-choice person, my first reaction is NOT "abort" because even if it is not my body, it's the body of someone too young to decide for herself, that I am legally responsible for.

The very first thing that would happen is two doctor consults, so I can hear all the cons (there are no pros for a child going through all that, save the end result.)

That child lying there with a big belly is kind of creepy. In 30 plus years working in healthcare, the youngest positive pregnancy test I've seen is 11 years old. She was an emergency room patient and I don't know what happened with her after leaving the ER.

One cause of earlier puberty these days is obesity. Fat girls are physiologically able but not yet emotionally able to be mothers. The kid in the OP does not look overweight.

A girl in the grade behind me gave birth at 13 (pregnant at 12). This was in 1972 or thereabouts. She was deemed a freak.

Forum List

Back