Ten Hours in Line to Vote - An American Embarrassment

Way to sound like a racist asshole! And I am sure you don't think racism still exists!

Perhaps the mold from living in his mama's basement smoking peyote so long is frying his abnormal brain.

I don't support Obama and I think there would be an upside to his losing .. then Americans would finally get serious and DEMAND integrity in our elections.

Well it's easy for me to vote.
I mark my ballot, then cross the street to the courthouse and drop it in their little mail box thingee.

No lines there.

Well it's easy for me to vote.
I mark my ballot, then cross the street to the courthouse and drop it in their little mail box thingee.

No lines there.

Of course, you're white. LOL. I told my black friend that today. He said, "are you taking off early to vote" and I said, "why, i'm white". And we cracked up.

Hey Allie, I have a thread called Allie blabla. Where I prove what you wanted me to prove. I'll find it and put it up on new posts.

Supreme court rulings on gore v. wade. Elizabeth Dole being a liar and slanderer is being sued.

I shouldn't have to do your homework for you, but it's fun proving people wrong. I don't do it for you. I do it for people watching us go back and forth.

a 2 hour wait is unacceptable, on a working week day....let alone a 10 hour wait....

we certainly were very aware of the new vast amount of registered voters in the primary, let alone those registering afterwords.

we have known about the shortages of voting machines divided out that happened in 2004 in ohio....

and all of the states knew the crowds of people trying to vote, would be huge.

it is the responsibility of every secretary of state to ensure voting could be done with ease.

a 10 hour wait on a weekday or any day really, is a POLL TAX imo....for those having to miss a day's work, 20% of their weekly income, to vote....

and for the elderly, who can't pay the poll tax by standing in the heat or just in line, for 10 hours without risking their health or life doing it....

care

a 2 hour wait is unacceptable, on a working week day....let alone a 10 hour wait....

we certainly were very aware of the new vast amount of registered voters in the primary, let alone those registering afterwords.

we have known about the shortages of voting machines divided out that happened in 2004 in ohio....

it is the responsibility of every secretary of state to ensure voting could be done with ease.

a 10 hour wait on a weekday or any day really, is a POLL TAX imo....for those having to miss a day's work, 20% of their weekly income, to vote....

and for the elderly, who can't pay the poll tax by standing in the heat or just in line, for 10 hours without risking their health or life doing it....

care

Or make it a national holiday. I bet you any amount of money if that were put to a vote, the Republicans would vote against it and the dems would vote for it.

Then EVERYONE gets to vote. :badgrin::eusa_clap::clap2:

Or make it a national holiday. I bet you any amount of money if that were put to a vote, the Republicans would vote against it and the dems would vote for it.

Then EVERYONE gets to vote. :badgrin::eusa_clap::clap2:

And I would love to hear their arguments against it.

The democrats need to put that to a vote in 2011. Play the games the GOP played when they were in charge.

And say they are not patriotic for not wanting all Americans to vote.

I can't do it my brother. If I could I would, if only to ease some of the tension in my friendships .. and even with my wife and kids.

Two days ago I had an elderly white woman angrily screaming in my face at a public gathering because I dared speak ill of Obama. I simply told her how good it made me feel to have her screaming at me in defense of a black man running for president. I told her I felt like kissing her .. kinda' eased the tension and she smiled. If Obama loses, it won't be because of race.

There are 3 issues most important to me in this election ...

WAR .. and Obama fails. I supported him during the primaries .. and the moment I started supporting him is when he said "We must not only bring our troops home from Iraq, but we must also address the mindset that sent them there" .. Cool, I was in .. sent him $400. Since the primaries he talks of war more aggresively than McCain and wants to expand it into Pakistan.

After what we've done in Iraq, how can I support someone who wants to murder children to look presidential? No matter how it's twisted, dropping huge bombs on civilians murders children and innocent people. From my perspective, McCain would be safer because any war he planned would have to go through what might be a democratic super-majority. Obama will have no such encumberance.

Obama fails

ENDING CORPORATE CONTROL OF AMERICA .. and Obama fails. I could have switched back .. maybe .. if he had stood with the American people on the bailout .. but he didn't .. and he didn't because of the astronomical amount of money he was getting from Wall Street. He has a history of missing important votes or just voting "present" so he can stay away from having to take a stand.

Obama fails

THE INJUSTICE OF THE CRIMINAL SYSTEM .. and Obama fails. Although there is no question that he knows the injustice of the system, and although he once campaigned on this injustiuce, and although he used to take a stand against the dealth penalty .. now he supports it .. even though the REPUBLICAN governor of his own state stopped executions because even he was aware of the disportionate way JUST-US is carried out. Obama will do nothing on this issue and I fully expect him top appoint an AG who won't have the slightest clue or inclination to do anything either.

Obama fails

How does one trust someone who will say anything to get elected?

How much more will democrats compromise to play follow the leader?

As for the impact of 3rd parties .. as long as Americans continue to play the two-party quagmire we're in we will never regain control of our government. Somebody has to draw the line in the sand .. and there are a lot of somebody's doing just that.

Sorry my brother, on Nov. 5th, I have to wake up and look in the mirror.

Yea, you have to sell out to be President, no doubt. Baby steps my brother, baby steps.

But we also have a big chance of the Dems possibly righting some wrongs.

If they fail, then I will give up on them and join you. You know I won't go GOP.

But Georgia needs you. Sleep on it. Nuff said.

I can't do it my brother. If I could I would, if only to ease some of the tension in my friendships .. and even with my wife and kids.

Two days ago I had an elderly white woman angrily screaming in my face at a public gathering because I dared speak ill of Obama. I simply told her how good it made me feel to have her screaming at me in defense of a black man running for president. I told her I felt like kissing her .. kinda' eased the tension and she smiled. If Obama loses, it won't be because of race.

There are 3 issues most important to me in this election ...

WAR .. and Obama fails. I supported him during the primaries .. and the moment I started supporting him is when he said "We must not only bring our troops home from Iraq, but we must also address the mindset that sent them there" .. Cool, I was in .. sent him $400. Since the primaries he talks of war more aggresively than McCain and wants to expand it into Pakistan.

After what we've done in Iraq, how can I support someone who wants to murder children to look presidential? No matter how it's twisted, dropping huge bombs on civilians murders children and innocent people. From my perspective, McCain would be safer because any war he planned would have to go through what might be a democratic super-majority. Obama will have no such encumberance.

Obama fails

ENDING CORPORATE CONTROL OF AMERICA .. and Obama fails. I could have switched back .. maybe .. if he had stood with the American people on the bailout .. but he didn't .. and he didn't because of the astronomical amount of money he was getting from Wall Street. He has a history of missing important votes or just voting "present" so he can stay away from having to take a stand.

Obama fails

THE INJUSTICE OF THE CRIMINAL SYSTEM .. and Obama fails. Although there is no question that he knows the injustice of the system, and although he once campaigned on this injustiuce, and although he used to take a stand against the dealth penalty .. now he supports it .. even though the REPUBLICAN governor of his own state stopped executions because even he was aware of the disportionate way JUST-US is carried out. Obama will do nothing on this issue and I fully expect him top appoint an AG who won't have the slightest clue or inclination to do anything either.

Obama fails

How does one trust someone who will say anything to get elected?

How much more will democrats compromise to play follow the leader?

As for the impact of 3rd parties .. as long as Americans continue to play the two-party quagmire we're in we will never regain control of our government. Somebody has to draw the line in the sand .. and there are a lot of somebody's doing just that.

Sorry my brother, on Nov. 5th, I have to wake up and look in the mirror.

Yea, you have to sell out to be President, no doubt. Baby steps my brother, baby steps.

But we also have a big chance of the Dems possibly righting some wrongs.

If they fail, then I will give up on them and join you. You know I won't go GOP.

But Georgia needs you. Sleep on it. Nuff said. :eusa_silenced:

care

This is the age of the internet. If Obama can mobilize grass roots efforts like he has this election, then surely someone should be able to mobilize and effort to get election day made into a holiday. I would guess that it would have considerable support across all demographics.

Forum List

Back