Ted Cruz Unwittingly Helps Democrats

I've always thought Cruz would be the death of the TP but surprisingly enough, he's still standing just like one of his partners in crime, Palin.

What's it gonna take to bring these idiots down and out of government.

Ted Cruz is a Sarah Palin with an education. Too bad he doesn't use it wisely.
Ted Cruz does not have breasts.

This is good, I don't like Cruz anyway. Rubio's the better Republican, by far.
Rubio is a panderer and a tool. Not very bright either.
Panderer my ass. Not bright.... ROFL BSPS from Florida, cum laude JD from Miami. I guess your definition of bright is based on whether the guy agrees with you on 100% of all topics or not.

Rubio has book smarts but isn't very bright politically. In that respect he is just like Cruz. They are both neophytes and making some really dumb rookie mistakes. Rubio might be capable of learning from his mistakes which puts him a notch above Cruz.

The biggest neophyte surprise is Rand Paul. He is a fast learner and has found a way to occupy the middle ground between the extreme right and the establishment right. In that respect he is actually a strong contender in the primaries in my opinion.
Bullshit. Cruz and Rubio disagree on a great many topics. Cruz is not Rubio.

Rubio is the real deal... a conservative that loves his country, thinks about what he's doing, what's best for the country then moves forward. No, he's not like Cruz at all. Cruz is a pure politician, does and says what he thinks will move him closer to power.

What "mistake" by Rubio? The one about him supporting the immigration reform bill that he crafted? The one where illegals get work visa's if they are working jobs american's supposedly won't take or booted if not? The one where they pay taxes but don't get in line for citizenship till after some ten years or so, then they have to get in line behind with everyone else? The only problem with the immigration reform bill he crafted was republicans like Cruz that decided to piss on it for political gain.

Rand's ok, but he's not Ron. Rubio's better for the country. Rand's not very charismatic, and appears to be more apt to accept compromise solutions that sink the ship if it gets him closer to the power. Sort of like Bush Jr. & Sr. They'll claim no more taxes read my lips, then start seeing points of light everywhere.
Marco Rubio is an entirely unremarkable Republican.

I believe one could say that about Rubio.....:)

I've always thought Cruz would be the death of the TP but surprisingly enough, he's still standing just like one of his partners in crime, Palin.

And Sarah Palin doesn't have smarts....but their arrogance is getting the best of them.

Rubio is a panderer and a tool. Not very bright either.
Panderer my ass. Not bright.... ROFL BSPS from Florida, cum laude JD from Miami. I guess your definition of bright is based on whether the guy agrees with you on 100% of all topics or not.

Rubio has book smarts but isn't very bright politically. In that respect he is just like Cruz. They are both neophytes and making some really dumb rookie mistakes. Rubio might be capable of learning from his mistakes which puts him a notch above Cruz.

The biggest neophyte surprise is Rand Paul. He is a fast learner and has found a way to occupy the middle ground between the extreme right and the establishment right. In that respect he is actually a strong contender in the primaries in my opinion.
Bullshit. Cruz and Rubio disagree on a great many topics. Cruz is not Rubio.

Rubio is the real deal... a conservative that loves his country, thinks about what he's doing, what's best for the country then moves forward. No, he's not like Cruz at all. Cruz is a pure politician, does and says what he thinks will move him closer to power.

What "mistake" by Rubio? The one about him supporting the immigration reform bill that he crafted? The one where illegals get work visa's if they are working jobs american's supposedly won't take or booted if not? The one where they pay taxes but don't get in line for citizenship till after some ten years or so, then they have to get in line behind with everyone else? The only problem with the immigration reform bill he crafted was republicans like Cruz that decided to piss on it for political gain.

Rand's ok, but he's not Ron. Rubio's better for the country. Rand's not very charismatic, and appears to be more apt to accept compromise solutions that sink the ship if it gets him closer to the power. Sort of like Bush Jr. & Sr. They'll claim no more taxes read my lips, then start seeing points of light everywhere.

Yup, Rubio got stomped on by the rabid TP extremists because he proposed a rational moderate immigration reform bill. That was a mistake that will cost him in the primaries. Doesn't mean that Rubio isn't better than Cruz, if fact quite the opposite. But what he did was identical to Cruz's mistake because he pissed off a large faction of his own political support base.
Yeah, well quite a few people in his support base are idiots on certain topics.

And Sarah Palin doesn't have smarts....but their arrogance is getting the best of them.
Meh. Your giving them too much power over your own life. Palin is nothing more than an ex governor/mom that had a small chance to be VP. Cruz is nothing more than a lawyer who wants political power and will say or do anything for it.

Ted is all about Ted. Thanks for the Christmas present for Harry Reid. I hope, Ted will pull more stunts like this, and make it absolutely clear that the GOP simply cannot govern.

Meh. Your giving them too much power over your own life. Palin is nothing more than an ex governor/mom that had a small chance to be VP. Cruz is nothing more than a lawyer who wants political power and will say or do anything for it.

Except they stir up the Republican base quite regularly.....but I hope you're right, not all conservatives could be that dumb to fall for their antics. And, no, they hold no power over my own life....I just like to chuckle at their foolishness and those that will defend them.

And one again, Calgary Cruz proves that even an idiot is good for something now and again.

:lol:

Actually, it goes a little deeper than this.

2 years ago, in the transition period between Pres. Obama's sucessful re-election and the inauguration, before congress went out of session, Harry Reid also had the floor alone for a number of hours and got through a number of nominations. In some ways, this tradition of "Kulanz" has been going on for a long time, so I find it good to see that the GOP has at least not sunk any farther into the muck and mire of gridlock. Rachel Maddow did a good segment showing Harry Reid standing alone and the well of the Senate, putting through one nomination after another. Experienced parliamentarians like Reid and Mitch McConnell know how this works.

Those nominations were going through anyway. Just a stupid talking point for the haters to soak up and spew out. Ted Cruz has ten times the intellect of any of you morons, who marvel at the cronyism and these politicians who play the system and hand out their special deals. Quite pathetic actually.
You KNOW that if the guy pisses off the progtard bubble heads as bad as the Cruz missile does, then he's the guy you want to back. Progtards show their hand when they kick the ole character assassination machine into high gear against someone, it shows they're scared shitless of him/her...

... here's what REALLY happened, not what some some LEFT WING MEDIA HACK wrote...

... top sound cloud with the Great One...
Senator Ted Cruz x27 s profile - Hear the world s sounds

And one again, Calgary Cruz proves that even an idiot is good for something now and again.

2 years ago, in the transition period between Pres. Obama's sucessful re-election and the inauguration, before congress went out of session, Harry Reid also had the floor alone for a number of hours and got through a number of nominations. In some ways, this tradition of "Kulanz" has been going on for a long time, so I find it good to see that the GOP has at least not sunk any farther into the muck and mire of gridlock. Rachel Maddow did a good segment showing Harry Reid standing alone and the well of the Senate, putting through one nomination after another. Experienced parliamentarians like Reid and Mitch McConnell know how this works.

Those nominations were going through anyway. Just a stupid talking point for the haters to soak up and spew out. Ted Cruz has ten times the intellect of any of you morons, who marvel at the cronyism and these politicians who play the system and hand out their special deals. Quite pathetic actually.
You KNOW that if the guy pisses off the progtard bubble heads as bad as the Cruz missile does, then he's the guy you want to back. Progtards show their hand when they kick the ole character assassination machine into high gear against someone, it shows they're scared shitless of him/her...

... here's what REALLY happened, not what some some LEFT WING MEDIA HACK wrote...

... top sound cloud with the Great One...
Senator Ted Cruz x27 s profile - Hear the world s sounds
Aha. ...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Ted is all about Ted. Thanks for the Christmas present for Harry Reid. I hope, Ted will pull more stunts like this, and make it absolutely clear that the GOP simply cannot govern.
Cruz is not the GOP, he's a member of the GOP. Or do you want to talk about Pelosi?

Except they stir up the Republican base quite regularly.....but I hope you're right, not all conservatives could be that dumb to fall for their antics. And, no, they hold no power over my own life....I just like to chuckle at their foolishness and those that will defend them.
Ted sides with liberty sometimes... and when he does I'll give him credit for it.

From the politico link within the OP:

The fiasco has turned many of Cruz’s colleagues openly against him, a dynamic that might bolster his cred with the tea party wing of the party if he makes a run for the GOP’s presidential nomination in 2016, but could also leave him vulnerable to attacks that he’s more troublemaker than leader — able to shut down the government or stall votes but unable to advance a proactive agenda.

On Saturday, GOP senator after GOP senator teed off on Cruz, arguing that his strategy had blindsided the caucus, forced them to return to Washington and even strengthened Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s ability to exploit the Senate rules and push through 24 of Obama’s stalled nominees. Several senators had to abruptly change plans, including Ayotte, who had to race back to Washington and missed the ballet with her daughter, and Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, who had to cancel his official trip to Iraq and Turkey this weekend.

(Also on POLITICO: What the White House's fight with Nancy Pelosi tells us about the next two years)

On the floor, angry GOP senators pressed Cruz over whether he was fundraising off of his tactics, sources said, and Maine Sen. Susan Collins ripped him in a private conversation. Several Republicans were discussing whether to mount a protest vote against Cruz: Unite in opposition to his point-of-order challenging the constitutionality of the spending bill’s funding of Obama’s immigration move.

And 20 Republicans, including incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, ultimately opposed the Texas Republican. Cruz and Lee won the backing of 22 GOP senators total, including potential 2016 rivals Marco Rubio of Florida and Rand Paul of Kentucky.

The frustration was abundantly clear in the hallways of the Capitol. Asked if he thought the Cruz-Lee plan was effective, Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch said: “The answer is no.”

This means that just slightly less than half of the current GOP Senate Caucus backed Cruz. With him included, it was just slightly more than half. 23 / 45 = 51.11%

That is an excellent way to split a party.

Good going, Calgary Cruz!!!
That would be seriously bad form to fundraise off of his disrupting other repub senators official biz among other cancelled plans at the last minute.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Link???

It got the far left ideologies nominated.
Lets see how well the people like the new Surgeon General with the radical idea that guns are a public health issue on par with heart disease.
Doctors have to deal with patching-up those riddled w/bullet holes shit stain. How many times a day do you have to deal w/death/wounds by firesticks?

This is the GOP Presidential hopeful.....you can't get any dumber than this guy. I'm sure in his mind he thought he was doing something spectacular for the Republican Party and would be greatly rewarded.....instead he has angered a few of his peers. And for what?
:eusa_wall:

Cruz attended high school at Faith West Academy in Katy, Texas,[32] and later graduated from Second Baptist High School in Houston as valedictorian in 1988.[17] During high school, Cruz participated in a Houston-based group called the Free Market Education Foundation where Cruz learned about free-market economic philosophers such as Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, Frédéric Bastiat and Ludwig von Mises.[26] The program was run by Rolland Storey and Cruz entered the program at the age of 13.[24]

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy[33] from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.[6][5] While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[34] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year and Team of the Year (with his debate partner, David Panton).[34] Cruz was also a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, making him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship.[35][36] Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[35]

Cruz's senior thesis on the separation of powers, titled "Clipping the Wings of Angels," draws its inspiration from a passage attributed to President James Madison: "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." Cruz argued that the drafters of the Constitution intended to protect the rights of their constituents, and the last two items in the Bill of Rights offered an explicit stop against an all-powerful state. Cruz wrote: "They simply do so from different directions. The Tenth stops new powers, and the Ninth fortifies all other rights, or non-powers."[31][37]

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.[6][38] While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of theHarvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[5] Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brillian
t." At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.[44]

Ted Cruz s file PolitiFact Texas

66% of what Cruz says is false!
You hear about Rubio's role in pushing through a bill to construct a palace for judges in Tallahassee that left the taxpayers on the hook? RKMBrown Obviously not.

E-mail names heroes who got legislative funding for Taj Mahal courthouse Tampa Bay Times

Ted sides with liberty sometimes... and when he does I'll give him credit for it.

Don't you mean....

Ted sides with Libertarians sometimes...
What's the difference?

Liberty is realistic practical achievable concept.

Libertarians believe in an impractical unrealistic utopia.
Just like democrats and republican, there are many "factions" within libterarians. While some libertarians may be for routing for some impractical unrealistic utopia, others are not. I find more often than not that people pissing on liberty, are authoritarian. That would be you, correct?

This is the GOP Presidential hopeful.....you can't get any dumber than this guy. I'm sure in his mind he thought he was doing something spectacular for the Republican Party and would be greatly rewarded.....instead he has angered a few of his peers. And for what?
:eusa_wall:

Cruz attended high school at Faith West Academy in Katy, Texas,[32] and later graduated from Second Baptist High School in Houston as valedictorian in 1988.[17] During high school, Cruz participated in a Houston-based group called the Free Market Education Foundation where Cruz learned about free-market economic philosophers such as Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, Frédéric Bastiat and Ludwig von Mises.[26] The program was run by Rolland Storey and Cruz entered the program at the age of 13.[24]

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy[33] from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.[6][5] While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[34] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year and Team of the Year (with his debate partner, David Panton).[34] Cruz was also a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, making him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship.[35][36] Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[35]

Cruz's senior thesis on the separation of powers, titled "Clipping the Wings of Angels," draws its inspiration from a passage attributed to President James Madison: "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." Cruz argued that the drafters of the Constitution intended to protect the rights of their constituents, and the last two items in the Bill of Rights offered an explicit stop against an all-powerful state. Cruz wrote: "They simply do so from different directions. The Tenth stops new powers, and the Ninth fortifies all other rights, or non-powers."[31][37]

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.[6][38] While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of theHarvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[5] Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brillian
t." At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.[44]

Ted Cruz s file PolitiFact Texas

66% of what Cruz says is false!
You hear about Rubio's role in pushing through a bill to construct a palace for judges in Tallahassee that left the taxpayers on the hook? RKMBrown

Palace? huh? Link? Daily Kos? You talking about that hit piece crafted by democrats blaming Rubio on not vetting every minor detail of every item on every bill?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back