Ted Cruz lays out democrats regarding SCOTUS nominee

My point was a reply to the poster who seems to think there are qualifications. You don't even have to be a lawyer to be on the Supreme Court.
Actually for article 3 judges there is the qualification of having to be confirmed by the US Senate. Where the constitution presumed the senate would use due diligence, and take their role of advice and consent seriously.

P.S. The constitution didn't foresee political parties like we have today, with hyper partisanship and obstruction.

That's why I voted for my fellow Aggie, Neal Dikeman (L). Ted does pay a lot of lip service and falls in line with Mushmouth Mitch on the dog-shit GOP strategy of always needing more power to do nothing. But, it could be worse. We could have Robert Francis "Beta" "fake Mexican" O'Roarke as our Jr. senator.

I'm just sick of Cruz after a decade of his never stopping anything bad by the DNC or getting anything good done, but is always there at the mic after the fact after the Left have effected another bad policy of his telling us how bad it really is.

I'm just sick of Cruz after a decade of his never stopping anything bad by the DNC or getting anything good done, but is always there at the mic after the fact after the Left have effected another bad policy of his telling us how bad it really is.
Certainly worked for Chuck Schumer all these years hasn't it?

Thanks to "green" energy (aka unreliable SHIT).

next
In truth, virtually all forms of power generation in Texas suffered outages during the cold snap, with early reports showing gas plants sustaining the most failures, Webber said. Early Monday morning, ERCOT issued a news release saying generation “across fuel types” had gone offline, amid reports of wind turbines covered in ice and natural gas wellheads freezing up.

“All the fuels and technologies have their weak point and they’re all failing for different reasons right now,” Webber said. “And it’s happening as demand is setting record highs.”

To be fair, he also criticizes the right after it's too late, but yes.

In a fiery opening statement at Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson's Supreme Court confirmation hearing, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) raked Democrats over the coals for their "explicitly racial" treatment of Republican judicial nominees.

Like several of his colleagues, Cruz pledged that Republicans would not turn the process into a "political circus," making pointed comments about how, "this will not be the kind of character smear that sadly our Democratic colleagues have gotten very good at."

Cruz then went on the describe the horrible treatment Justice Thomas endured as a black man seeking the office, as Thomas described it as a high tech lynching. Then he went into how Kavanaugh was treated.

Cruz told the nominee, "Judge Jackson, I can assure you that your hearing will feature none of that disgraceful behavior," Cruz said. "No one is going to inquire into your teenage dating habits. No one is going to ask you with mock severity, 'Do you like beer?'"

Cruz went on to say the Judiciary Committee has a "responsibility to focus on issues, to focus on your record, to focus on substance."

"It's not about race," Cruz added. "We will see Democrats and the media suggest that any senator that is skeptical of your nomination, that questions you vigorously, or that dares to vote against you must somehow harbor racial animus."

Interestingly, Cruz brought up the fact that Senator Kennedy once declined a nominee based on the fact they were a conservative Hispanic.

"The senior Democrats on this committee also filibustered Miguel Estrada, as the staff for [then-]Sen. Ted Kennedy [(D-Mass.)] said in writing at the time ... 'because he is Hispanic,'" Cruz said.

But all of this is lost on democrats because they are the scum of the earth and see no problem on how Republican nominees were treated or the hypocrisy of their past In fact, they probably want them treated worse or maybe even killed.
Cruz lost.

What did Cruz lose?
His manhood when he refused to stand up to Trump

1649447691319.jpeg

Forum List

Back