Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

What did Barry Hussein think when former domestic terrorist Bill Ayers seemed to advocate bombing and arson as a legitimate form of political expression?

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

Right on cue - one of nutters shows up to claim that a bunch of pop guns could go up against the US military and win.

Founding documents have nothing to do with today's reality. Nothing.

No one has ever said that dumbass. However, it will protect me against those like YOU. The military will uphold their oath to the Constitution, fool.

Time is drawing short bigshot....

Drawing short for what, shortbus??

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Thomas Jefferson:
  1. "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Too bad Jefferson never said anything of the sort!

Status: This quotation has not been found in any of the writings of Thomas Jefferson.

Strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms Quotation Thomas Jefferson s Monticello

Abraham-Lincoln-Internet-Quote.png

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Guess he never said that either, right?

Or this?

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson

Or how about this?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thomas Jefferson:
  1. "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Lord help those poor morons if they ever read the Magna Carta and find ARMED insurection is LEGAL.

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it.

See how that works?
The Constitution was an outgrowth OF the Magna Carta. IDIOT.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thomas Jefferson:
Lord help those poor morons if they ever read the Magna Carta and find ARMED insurection is LEGAL.

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it.

See how that works?

Yep, not very well. Politicians like your dear leader have made sure of that.

He's absolutely correct. Why do you disagree? There is a reason why Ferguson was a protest that was able to last for several days with only a few clashes with police that involved tear gas and some minor assaults as opposed to resembling the massacre at Tiananmen Square.

Let me get this straight!

You are claiming that the only reason why the cops never gun down innocent protesters is because they are afraid that the protesters might shoot back?

Seriously?

No, I didn't say it was the only reason. You did.

But, I assure you, it's one hell of a deterrent, which is why you don't see the kind of abuses in this country that you see in places in like North Korea, Cuba, China, etc where only the government has access to that kind of force.

And yet in civilized nations throughout the world unarmed populations protest all the time without needing guns to keep them "safe" from being gunned down.

Your premise fails to withstand scrutiny.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." - Abraham Lincoln

He's absolutely correct. Why do you disagree? There is a reason why Ferguson was a protest that was able to last for several days with only a few clashes with police that involved tear gas and some minor assaults as opposed to resembling the massacre at Tiananmen Square.

You are claiming that the only reason why the cops never gun down innocent protesters is because they are afraid that the protesters might shoot back?

Seriously?

But, I assure you, it's one hell of a deterrent, which is why you don't see the kind of abuses in this country that you see in places in like North Korea, Cuba, China, etc where only the government has access to that kind of force.

And yet in civilized nations throughout the world unarmed populations protest all the time without needing guns to keep them "safe" from being gunned down.

And we generally have unarmed protests here too. What's your point?

Seriously?

The Swiss have guns, it's REQUIRED by law just like military service.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thomas Jefferson:

See how that works?

I will say it again:

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it. The two documents are not identical to each other.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thomas Jefferson:

Status: This quotation has not been found in any of the writings of Thomas Jefferson.

Strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms Quotation Thomas Jefferson s Monticello

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Or this?

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson

Or how about this?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Can't admit when you are proven wrong, can you?

Says volumes about your lack of honesty and integrity.

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

Yep can see it now, goober t bodine shootin' off his 12 gauge fighin' off the gob'ment

these so called patriots crack me up ... 4 F18's, one fly by the "camp in the woods" and the entire redneck militia becomes possums up in the trees ..

Easy on calling them 'patriots'... Cruz wants them to have guns so they can shoot cops...

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thomas Jefferson:

Thomas Jefferson

Or this?

Thomas Jefferson

Or how about this?

Thomas Jefferson

Can't admit when you are proven wrong, can you?

Says volumes about your lack of honesty and integrity.

YOU said Thomas Jefferson never said that - not I. I stand by the quote, dumbass. Now - come up with some bullshit progressive professors writing that says he didn't.

When government fears the people there is liberty... Quotation Thomas Jefferson s Monticello

Last edited:
I will say it again:

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it. The two documents are not identical to each other.

NOR is it under the governance of the Communist Manifesto - DESPITE what Obama might have told you.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thomas Jefferson:

See how that works?

I will say it again:

You can say it all you want but that does NOT make it fact. The MG was the VERY base used for the revolution. And it provides for armed overthrow of government as LEGAL. That was forwarded in the Constitution by INSURING gun rights to the PEOPLE.

While we are at it IDIOT the Constitution YOU speak of was the SECOND one written POST war. You ever read the FIRST IDIOT? Or do you even know who the FIRST president was?

I will say it again:

NOR is it under the governance of the Communist Manifesto - DESPITE what Obama might have told you.

It actually breaks my heart that these worthless assholes DEFEND tyranny. I swear to God - I never thought I'd see the day.

But, I guess we have to remember that even Hitler was voted into power by the German people. Then one day they woke up. Too late. I can't help but wonder, is that what these pussies long for? Jesus Christ help us....

Hmmmmm, interesting.

It looks like the board liberals are getting so desperate, that they put up a quote of a conservative saying something true (first line above), and then the liberal lies about what he said in the same post (third line above), with the refutation of the lie right there where he quoted it.

It's never been easy to be a liberal in the U.S.

Now that the media is no longer able to cover up their lies for them, it's even tougher.

Too bad, so sad.

Hmmmmm, interesting.

It looks like the board liberals are getting so desperate, that they put up a quote of a conservative saying something true (first line above), and then the liberal lies about it in the same post, with the refutation of the lie right there where he quoted it (third line above).

It's never been easy to be a liberal in the U.S.

Now that the media is no longer able to cover up their lies, it's even tougher.

Too bad, so sad.

Honestly, I believe that they are so afraid that that bitch Clinton will get her ass handed to her that they have started doing the propagandist work early. Goebbels would be proud of them.....keep repeating the lie.....

Thomas Jefferson:

See how that works?

I will say it again:

You can say it all you want but that does NOT make it fact. The MG was the VERY base used for the revolution. And it provides for armed overthrow of government as LEGAL. That was forwarded in the Constitution by INSURING gun rights to the PEOPLE.

While we are at it IDIOT the Constitution YOU speak of was the SECOND one written POST war. You ever read the FIRST IDIOT? Or do you even know who the FIRST president was?

I see you have a lot to learn.

Armed insurrection is illegal. In fact, we have an insurrection acts, signed into law, on the books:

Insurrection Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The 2008 Defense Authorization Bill, repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill.[3]

The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[4] For military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--
(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--
(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and
(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or
(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).
(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--

Forum List

Back