Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

Yep can see it now, goober t bodine shootin' off his 12 gauge fighin' off the gob'ment

Brilliant moroonie. That is brilliant at getting the maroonies to bite. He knows that the 2nd protects an individual's rightsv for lawful purposes, such as self-defense within a home, not armed insurrection.

Yet another idiot.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty,"

Obviously Cruz isn't serious about being president – or anything else, for that matter.

The Second Amendment doesn't 'trump' the First, where the people have the right to petition government for a redress of grievances through either the political process or the legal; that a minority of the people subjectively perceive the government to have become 'tyrannical' does not justify seeking to 'overthrow' the government.

Cruz is as ignorant as he is ridiculous.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty,"

Obviously Cruz isn't serious about being president – or anything else, for that matter.

The Second Amendment doesn't 'trump' the First, where the people have the right to petition government for a redress of grievances through either the political process or the legal; that a minority of the people subjectively perceive the government to have become 'tyrannical' does not justify seeking to 'overthrow' the government.

And you are still the biggest liar and hypocrite on this forum. Climb back under your rock asshat.

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.
No they don't you moron. But I do laugh at you left wing idiots thinking the military of all groups is going to shoot real Americans to enforce more government control. Good luck with that.

Are lefties trying to make a case that Cruz advocates armed violence after Barry Hussein was trained in the political arena by former domestic terrorist bomber and murderer Bill Ayers? Get a life.

And when those first amendment grievances aren't addressed the second is there to force the issue.

Cruz is 100% correct and all of your indignant bullshit whining isn't going to change that.

Yep can see it now, goober t bodine shootin' off his 12 gauge fighin' off the gob'ment

these so called patriots crack me up ... 4 F18's, one fly by the "camp in the woods" and the entire redneck militia becomes possums up in the trees ..

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

Right on cue - one of nutters shows up to claim that a bunch of pop guns could go up against the US military and win.

Founding documents have nothing to do with today's reality. Nothing.

No one has ever said that dumbass. However, it will protect me against those like YOU. The military will uphold their oath to the Constitution, fool.

Time is drawing short bigshot....

Make up your mind.

Even though you try to hide behind your usual childish name calling, first you say "Ted Cruz is absolutely correct ..." that the 2nd is ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty, but now you say the "founding documents" refer to 'protecting you from individuals like me'.

Since you're holding yourself up to be an authority, which is it?

:uhoh3:

No they don't you moron. But I do laugh at you left wing idiots thinking the military of all groups is going to shoot real Americans to enforce more government control. Good luck with that.

You have to laugh at these clowns. They actually believe that if their savior Obama ordered the military to fire on American citizens - that they would follow that order. Jesus, it's easy to see which of these fools has ever served in the "real" military. Oh, of course, there will always be some dyke or illegal serving in the military that will pull the trigger. They will do that once and then shot repeatedly by their "battle buddies".

Now, if on the other hand, a Republican wins the presidency - they might ALL be firing at these left wing jerk offs. :dance:

these so called patriots crack me up ... 4 F18's, one fly by the "camp in the woods" and the entire redneck militia becomes possums up in the trees ..

I've read there are about 40K militia members. Are they really so stupid as to think their fire power compares to this?

0053_defense-comparison-full.gif

He's absolutely correct. Why do you disagree? There is a reason why Ferguson was a protest that was able to last for several days with only a few clashes with police that involved tear gas and some minor assaults as opposed to resembling the massacre at Tiananmen Square.

In what way is he correct? That armed resurrection against the Government is right, or what?

Armed insurrections against abusive governments have been going on since the birth of society. Depending on the circumstances it can absolutely be the right thing to do.

You have to laugh at these clowns. They actually believe that if their savior Obama ordered the military to fire on American citizens - that they would follow that order. Jesus, it's easy to see which of these fools has ever served in the "real" military. Oh, of course, there will always be some dyke or illegal serving in the military that will pull the trigger. They will do that once and then shot repeatedly by their "battle buddies".

Now, if on the other hand, a Republican wins the presidency - they might ALL be firing at these left wing jerk offs. :dance:

Earlier you said you have served in the military.

Are you now saying you would not abide by the oath you signed?

Do you really think the rest of the military are as lacking in integrity as you are?

Oh look another tool that actually thinks the pilots in those planes are all for government tyranny.

He's absolutely correct. Why do you disagree? There is a reason why Ferguson was a protest that was able to last for several days with only a few clashes with police that involved tear gas and some minor assaults as opposed to resembling the massacre at Tiananmen Square.

In what way is he correct? That armed resurrection against the Government is right, or what?

Armed insurrections against abusive governments have been going on since the birth of society. Depending on the circumstances it can absolutely be the right thing to do.
It's happening today all over the world yet they think it can't happen here.

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

Right on cue - one of nutters shows up to claim that a bunch of pop guns could go up against the US military and win.

Founding documents have nothing to do with today's reality. Nothing.

No one has ever said that dumbass. However, it will protect me against those like YOU. The military will uphold their oath to the Constitution, fool.

Time is drawing short bigshot....

Make up your mind.

Even though you try to hide behind your usual childish name calling, first you say "Ted Cruz is absolutely correct ..." that the 2nd is ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty, but now you say the "founding documents" refer to 'protecting you from individuals like me'.

Since you're holding yourself up to be an authority, which is it?

:uhoh3:

Fucking idiot. Exactly WHY did our founders come to this country? Please, tell me. Enlighten this old man. Every one of the founders WARNED us against "big government" and what would happen if we engaged in it. They wanted the STATES to hold the vast majority of power in this country. I could go on with example after example for the next hour, you fool, but you wouldn't read them. Watch the above video and learn SOMETHING, for God's sake. Quit being stupid, will you?

Again - take a damned class, will you. Stupid fucking leftists.

Earlier you said you have served in the military.

Are you now saying you would not abide by the oath you signed?

Do you really think the rest of the military are as lacking in integrity as you are?
What oath do you think is signed? It clearly states domestic enemies yet you fail to understand that means you, not us.

Oh look another tool that actually thinks the pilots in those planes are all for government tyranny.

Remember - to these assholes - every person in the United States hates our country and is waiting for the democrats to "save" us. Jesus are they stupid...

Last edited:

I've read there are about 40K militia members. Are they really so stupid as to think their fire power compares to this?

0053_defense-comparison-full.gif

You poor stupid fool. Those weapons don't operate themselves. Or are YOU, the class coward, going to put on the uniform? Yeah, right, I can see that happening.

Forum List

Back