Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

Brilliant moroonie. That is brilliant at getting the maroonies to bite. He knows that the 2nd protects an individual's rightsv for lawful purposes, such as self-defense within a home, not armed insurrection.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You seen to have forgotten the first half of the amendment, the term "a free state" referred to the various states, not the federal government. No where in the Constitution are the terms "Federal Government" and "State(s) used synonymously.

He's absolutely correct. Why do you disagree? There is a reason why Ferguson was a protest that was able to last for several days with only a few clashes with police that involved tear gas and some minor assaults as opposed to resembling the massacre at Tiananmen Square.

In what way is he correct? That armed resurrection against the Government is right, or what?

Armed insurrections against abusive governments have been going on since the birth of society. Depending on the circumstances it can absolutely be the right thing to do.

I agree with that and I agree with what our Declaration of Independence says - that we have a responsibility to disagree with our government.

That doesn't mean the militia taking on the US military would be anything but a joke.

He's absolutely correct. Why do you disagree? There is a reason why Ferguson was a protest that was able to last for several days with only a few clashes with police that involved tear gas and some minor assaults as opposed to resembling the massacre at Tiananmen Square.

In what way is he correct? That armed resurrection against the Government is right, or what?

Armed insurrections against abusive governments have been going on since the birth of society. Depending on the circumstances it can absolutely be the right thing to do.

I agree with that and I agree with what our Declaration of Independence says - that we have a responsibility to disagree with our government.

That doesn't mean the militia taking on the US military would be anything but a joke.

Spot on.

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

I don't get why the assclown retards think the US military would attack decent folk on behalf of them and their war on civil rights?

Read the Oath of Enlistment. Pay reeeel close attention to the part that reads " ... I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ..."

When our elected officials violate their oath of office they become enemies of the People, therefore enemies of the Government. "Government of the people, by the people, and for the people"

And Cruz is right on. why do you think this Obama administration has been fighting so hard to take away that right in any way they can.

Stand up them or be SQUASHED by them more than we already are

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty,"

Obviously Cruz isn't serious about being president – or anything else, for that matter.

The Second Amendment doesn't 'trump' the First, where the people have the right to petition government for a redress of grievances through either the political process or the legal; that a minority of the people subjectively perceive the government to have become 'tyrannical' does not justify seeking to 'overthrow' the government.

Cruz is as ignorant as he is ridiculous.

Funny, that's exactly how the States became independent of England, isn't it?

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.
No they don't you moron. But I do laugh at you left wing idiots thinking the military of all groups is going to shoot real Americans to enforce more government control. Good luck with that.

You have to laugh at these clowns. They actually believe that if their savior Obama ordered the military to fire on American citizens - that they would follow that order. Jesus, it's easy to see which of these fools has ever served in the "real" military. Oh, of course, there will always be some dyke or illegal serving in the military that will pull the trigger. They will do that once and then shot repeatedly by their "battle buddies".

Now, if on the other hand, a Republican wins the presidency - they might ALL be firing at these left wing jerk offs. :dance:

Earlier you said you have served in the military.

Are you now saying you would not abide by the oath you signed?

Do you really think the rest of the military are as lacking in integrity as you are?
What oath do you think is signed? It clearly states domestic enemies yet you fail to understand that means you, not us.

I quoted the oath above.

Who do you think gets to decide who is the enemy?

Reading the posts of the rabid RWs - you guys are just clueless.

Really, you need to move into the 21st century.

I don't get why the assclown retards think the US military would attack decent folk on behalf of them and their war on civil rights?

Read the Oath of Enlistment. Pay reeeel close attention to the part that reads " ... I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ..."

When our elected officials violate their oath of office they become enemies of the People, therefore enemies of the Government. "Government of the people, by the people, and for the people"

Watch and learn. I watched today as the head of the DEA (some stupid broad) told members of the oversight committee that she "couldn't fire or reprimand those agents who participated in orgies in Columbia that were paid for by drug cartels".

And we shouldn't fear this monster that we call "government"......

No they don't you moron. But I do laugh at you left wing idiots thinking the military of all groups is going to shoot real Americans to enforce more government control. Good luck with that.

You have to laugh at these clowns. They actually believe that if their savior Obama ordered the military to fire on American citizens - that they would follow that order. Jesus, it's easy to see which of these fools has ever served in the "real" military. Oh, of course, there will always be some dyke or illegal serving in the military that will pull the trigger. They will do that once and then shot repeatedly by their "battle buddies".

Now, if on the other hand, a Republican wins the presidency - they might ALL be firing at these left wing jerk offs. :dance:

Do you really think the rest of the military are as lacking in integrity as you are?
What oath do you think is signed? It clearly states domestic enemies yet you fail to understand that means you, not us.

I quoted the oath above.

I live in the 21st Century and I know EXACTLY the enemy of this country is. YOU and those like YOU. Clear enough for you?

I quoted the oath above.

The people in the F-18's, Manning the ships, running the tanks etc. get to decide. I'm pretty confident they will make the right choice. Probably not a choice you will like.

And Cruz is right on. why do you think this Obama administration has been fighting so hard to take away that right in any way they can.

Stand up them or be SQUASHED by them more than we already are

OMG OMG OMG OMG

ROLL ON IT STUPID STUFF

BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

How is it that you always forget you live on government largesse? Food stamps, Medicaid that you said you don't understand, all the fatty govt cheese, a check every month. You better be careful what you wish for.

9atlkm_zps822daaea.jpg

I quoted the oath above.

The people in the F-18's, Manning the ships, running the tanks etc. get to decide. I'm pretty confident they will make the right choice. Probably not a choice you will like.

Uh, no.

The grunts don't get to decide who to attack.

:rolleyes:

The irony is that the useful idiots are always the first layer of fertilizer in the progressive mass graves

Their oath is to support and defend the Constitution, not a government violating that Constitution. A soldier can refuse to follow an unlawful order and considering how our current military leaders feel about the government I think that would start at the top. These people don't live in a bubble, they see the constitutional violations that are going on every day.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty,"

Obviously Cruz isn't serious about being president – or anything else, for that matter.ldn't liste

The Second Amendment doesn't 'trump' the First, where the people have the right to petition government for a redress of grievances through either the political process or the legal; that a minority of the people subjectively perceive the government to have become 'tyrannical' does not justify seeking to 'overthrow' the government.

Cruz is as ignorant as he is ridiculous.

Funny, that's exactly how the States became independent of England, isn't it?

Exactly. That's why EVERY Founder warned us about the "tentacles of government" and desired that the States retain the majority of power in this country. But we wouldn't listen. Now - Uncle Sugar controls nearly every facet of our lives - from cradle to grave - and the NSA watches us on a daily basis. Trust me - they are worried more about us - the individual citizen - than they do about any other "power".

I quoted the oath above.

Uh, no.

Bitch please. They are the ones pulling the trigger. And their leaders are with them in ideology. There's a fucking reason obie is hated in the military yet you think they would attack citizens for him? You've lost your mind.

I quoted the oath above.

Uh, no.

You obviously never served in the military. There is such a thing as a "Lawful order" you fool. Goddamn, if you are going to run your pie-hole learn a little about the military that you think is there to keep US under your thumb. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back