Teacher Under Fire For Telling Student to Speak English

Because a teacher should know that the L1 can be a powerful tool in helping a student access and acquire the L2.
I've never had a student who spoke only Spanish and refused to try and speak English and was failing... but I can imagine how frustrating it would be and disruptive to my class...

I've never had a student who spoke only Spanish and refused to try and speak English and was failing... but I can imagine how frustrating it would be and disruptive to my class...
Did the article say "spoke only Spanish" or "refused to try and speak English"?

Did the article say "spoke only Spanish" or "refused to try and speak English"?
I'm inferring to be honest... I guess I'm giving the teacher the benefit of doubt because back when I was in school we had a situation like this...

I'm inferring to be honest... I guess I'm giving the teacher the benefit of doubt because back when I was in school we had a situation like this...
Did the teacher in the article say "only spoke Spanish" or "refused to speak English"?

You're just guessing and imagining. You realize that's stupid, right?
I don't think the teacher would demand a student speak English if the child didn't know how... doesn't sound stupid to me... but thanks for the uncalled for insult... I'll be moving on now....

I don't think the teacher would demand a student speak English if the child didn't know how... doesn't sound stupid to me... but thanks for the uncalled for insult... I'll be moving on now....
"I don't think" "I guess" "I imagine" "It sounded to me" "must" :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back