Teacher, students call for renaming of Woodrow Wilson High School ic

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
More of the same folks, pretty soon, if we don't make a stand against liberals soon, we'll no longer have any history left in this country.

We are officially entering the era of cleansing.

What's in a name? Too much, teacher says

It’s a provocative statement, but even more so when you consider the tweet came from a history teacher at Wilson High School.

“(Expletive) Wilson and any school he’s named after,” tweeted Hyung Nam with a link to a Politico magazine article detailing Woodrow Wilson’s White House screening of "Birth of a Nation," a racist feature-length epic silent film, in 1915.

With the successful effort to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina Capitol grounds, activists across the nation are calling for renamings of buildings, landmarks and even lakes.

But Nam’s tweet was not a spontaneous comment. He has railed against his high school’s namesake all spring.

“We'd have to be ignorant about history to continue to affiliate ourselves with this man,” Nam wrote in an email to Wilson High School staff April 22. He cited a quote from the World War I-era president: “We want one class of persons to have a liberal education, and we want another class of persons, a very much larger class, of necessity, in every society, to forgo the privileges of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks.”

“It’s so ironic to have a school named after someone who would say that about education and public education,” Nam says.

MORE: What s in a name Too much teacher says

this is what's being TAUGHT IN YOU SCHOOLS.

parent's better wake before it's too late. You children will become good little tyrants and Fascist. just like Hitlers children

parent's better wake before it's too late. You children will become good little tyrants and Fascist. just like Hitlers children

Sadly, I think it's already too late. :(

Sadly, I think it's already too late. :(

Pretty much.
I think we'll be seeing some violent retaliations eventually. I'm certainly not calling for it, but I think that's where we're likely headed.

Forum List

Back