Teacher Shortage at Crisis Point in Special Education

We need to eliminate special ed from our schools. Disabled kids who need specialized daycare should go to special schools with a separate budget. Or be homeschooled.

My wife teaches Special Ed, 6th, 7th and 8th graders. All in the same class. Very challenging, yet very rewarding.

I agree with this. I am not a special ed teacher but I do teach special ed students in my role. I adore them and find it very rewarding. It is also exhausting, but a great way to bet exhausted. I hope her year is off to a good start, or will get off to a good start if she hasn't started yet!

(BTW, God love her for teaching middle school. NOT my favorite age! Give me the littles, please. 7th grade? NO thanks!)

My wife teaches Special Ed, 6th, 7th and 8th graders. All in the same class. Very challenging, yet very rewarding.

I agree with this. I am not a special ed teacher but I do teach special ed students in my role. I adore them and find it very rewarding. It is also exhausting, but a great way to bet exhausted. I hope her year is off to a good start, or will get off to a good start if she hasn't started yet!

(BTW, God love her for teaching middle school. NOT my favorite age! Give me the littles, please. 7th grade? NO thanks!)
Yes, some days she comes home completely exhausted.

We need to eliminate special ed from our schools. Disabled kids who need specialized daycare should go to special schools with a separate budget. Or be homeschooled.

I'm getting to the point that I agree with you when kids are a danger to others--and I don't mean 'safe space' words, I mean an actual, physical danger. And I would love to hear from liberals why gen ed children need to be put at risk (not to mention teachers) because of a child or teen's disabilities.

Short of a physical danger I think special needs children can be schooled with their peers.

Brown vs Board of Education

There are already specialized schools for children with the most needs in the population. Obviously this doesn't violate Brown vs. Board. The law says "least restrictive environment".

I'm getting to the point that I agree with you when kids are a danger to others--and I don't mean 'safe space' words, I mean an actual, physical danger. And I would love to hear from liberals why gen ed children need to be put at risk (not to mention teachers) because of a child or teen's disabilities.

Short of a physical danger I think special needs children can be schooled with their peers.

No they can't. That's why there are special education classrooms and various adn assorted attendants and assistants and teachers.

When they are placed in the regular classroom, they pose a distraction or worse.

We are not obligated to babysit drooling retards and spastics or violent brain damaged teens in our classrooms. They suck up resources we need for kids who actually move on to become productive members of society.

No they can't. That's why there are special education classrooms and various adn assorted attendants and assistants and teachers.

When they are placed in the regular classroom, they pose a distraction or worse.

We are not obligated to babysit drooling retards and spastics or violent brain damaged teens in our classrooms. They suck up resources we need for kids who actually move on to become productive members of society.
Wow.

Yes, they can and they are. We are obligated to educate (nasty names retracted) in our classrooms. They have a right to be educated just like other children. They do NOT have a right to harm others, however.

Yes, they can and they are. We are obligated to educate (nasty names retracted) in our classrooms. They have a right to be educated just like other children. They do NOT have a right to harm others, however.

They have a right to be educated LIKE OTHER CHILDREN. Not *specially*.

And if they can't be educated LIKE OTHER CHILDREN then they are free to obtain their education from some other institution.

Did you read your bible before spewing this shit ?

The bible says nothing about stealing the teachers of active, intelligent children for the purpose of babysitting children who can't be taught, and in reality are only in school to give their poor parents a break from wiping their asses and providing a living barrier between their child and the world.

I have no problem with putting kids in classrooms and I don't even have a problem with state resources being used for them.

I have a big fucking problem with our public schools being subverted to facilitate it. I have a big problem with schools who, because they get *extra* funding for retards, race around trying to encourage parents to get their kids medicated and/or diagnosed so the schools can get their hands on that cashola...while my extremely intelligent children aren't issued MATH books because there *isn't enough money*.

I have a problem with a wheelchair confined, non verbal, brain damaged nematode being rolled into a classroom by his *attendant* who stands by as he roars and farts and flops.....yet there are no tutors for my kids when they have problems with long division because we just don't have money for that.

The bible says nothing about stealing the teachers of active, intelligent children for the purpose of babysitting children who can't be taught, and in reality are only in school to give their poor parents a break from wiping their asses and providing a living barrier between their child and the world.

I have no problem with putting kids in classrooms and I don't even have a problem with state resources being used for them.

I have a big fucking problem with our public schools being subverted to facilitate it. I have a big problem with schools who, because they get *extra* funding for retards, race around trying to encourage parents to get their kids medicated and/or diagnosed so the schools can get their hands on that cashola...while my extremely intelligent children aren't issued MATH books because there *isn't enough money*.

I have a problem with a wheelchair confined, non verbal, brain damaged nematode being rolled into a classroom by his *attendant* who stands by as he roars and farts and flops.....yet there are no tutors for my kids when they have problems with long division because we just don't have money for that.

You have bigger problems than those you sick fuck. Just read the poison you have just written, you should hang your head in shame.

You have bigger problems than those you sick fuck. Just read the poison you have just written, you should hang your head in shame.

It's not poison, it's truth.

Imbeciles like you don't understand the difference. I actually classify you in the drooling, brain damaged retard category, you know. I don't think people like you belong in a normal classroom, either.

Special ed is for retards.
All the Wealth of the Rulers Comes From Humiliating High IQs

It's an insult to intelligence. Compare all education to the only thing it does well: sports. All emphasis is on the superior athletes. Special-ed sports would be like requiring the coach to spend much of his time trying to improve the skills of those he had to cut in tryouts.

Special ed is for retards.
All the Wealth of the Rulers Comes From Humiliating High IQs

It's an insult to intelligence. Compare all education to the only thing it does well: sports. All emphasis is on the superior athletes. Special-ed sports would be like requiring the coach to spend much of his time trying to improve the skills of those he had to cut in tryouts.
Which is exactly what happens in regular classrooms who are forced to accommodate *special* kids.

Imbeciles like you don't understand the difference. I actually classify you in the drooling, brain damaged retard category, you know. I don't think people like you belong in a normal classroom, either.
There are some sick people on this site but you are out there on your own.Why do you hate sick children ? I have never read such a hate filled sick rant. You disgust me.

There are some sick people on this site but you are out there on your own.Why do you hate sick children ? I have never read such a hate filled sick rant. You disgust me.

I don't hate sick children at all.

I don't think money should be taken from normal, sane, intelligent children's EDUCATION FUNDING to care for them.

And I'm glad you are disgusted, if you weren't, I'd be worried.

You dont get to define "normal". they are all Gods childr

I don't think money should be taken from normal, sane, intelligent children's EDUCATION FUNDING to care for them.

You dont get to define "normal". They are all Gods children and they all deserve a fair crack.

You dont get to define "normal". they are all Gods childr

You dont get to define "normal". They are all Gods children and they all deserve a fair crack.

*Normal* has a definition and that is the one I'm using.

People like you don't get to re-define it.

A fair crack doesn't mean attendants and a diaper change 2x a day at the school. That's above and beyond what our schools need to provide for students.

Those kids are nothing but cash cows for the schools and for their parents. They should be institutionalized. Or, if the parents choose not to institutionalize them, they can find other arrangements for daycare..but NOT IN OUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

Forum List

Back