Teacher Shortage at Crisis Point in Special Education

We need to eliminate special ed from our schools. Disabled kids who need specialized daycare should go to special schools with a separate budget. Or be homeschooled.

I'm getting to the point that I agree with you when kids are a danger to others--and I don't mean 'safe space' words, I mean an actual, physical danger. And I would love to hear from liberals why gen ed children need to be put at risk (not to mention teachers) because of a child or teen's disabilities.

Short of a physical danger I think special needs children can be schooled with their peers.

We are not obligated to babysit drooling retards and spastics or violent brain damaged teens in our classrooms. They suck up resources we need for kids who actually move on to become productive members of society.

Only a true low-life, piece of fucking shit talks that way about kids with extra challenges in life. You’re a classless fucking scumbag.

Leftist scumbags use disabled and vulnerable children to virtue signal so that nobody will *question* their garbage.

Our NORMAL children need those education resources that are being consumed (and wasted) by children who are shoveled onto the short bus and into our schools by people who live off the funding that attends them. The children aren't learning anything. The only reason the majority of those *special* kids are in school is to give the parents a break. They aren't learning anything, they suck the resources meant for the kids who CAN learn..and they don't give a shit..the only people who care are the parents, who want a break..and the steady parade of mentally ill misfits who are paid to wipe their asses in the schools.

"For children with disabilities, school can be a nightmare. Triggers abound, particularly for kids with conditions like autism, ADHD and anxiety. Bright lights, crowded hallways, taking turns, lining up, keeping a desk organized and navigating friendships—all the basic stuff of school life—are confusing, agitating and overwhelming for kids with special needs. School doesn’t feel safe for them. And they in turn can make school feel unsafe for their classmates.

"This seems to be what led parents of two girls who attend John Wanless Junior Public School in north Toronto to sue the Toronto District School Board for failing to protect them. According to the suit, the children, who are grades one and three, have been threatened and physically harmed by a schoolmate with special needs. The parents say that their daughters were shoved, kicked, hit with a hockey stick and pinched on the buttocks."

Why integration isn’t working for special needs kids—or their classmates - Today's Parent

"Over a three-month period, the boy allegedly threatened the girl with scissors and pushed and punched her in the stomach, the Soncini parents said. Other students in the classroom allegedly were hit with a book and a lunchbox, and a teacher was punched and kicked, they added.

"The parents found out about the incidents when their daughter came home crying one day, they said.

"She told us she's scared to be around this boy," Robert Soncini said. "We're upset that our child is being assaulted and threatened with sharp objects."

"The boy's behavior apparently became so disruptive the teacher created a "safe word" to inform students to leave the classroom during the boy's episodes, the Soncini parents said. These "classroom evacuations" allegedly happened about three times a week, they added.

"The school never contacted me about this," Sara Soncini said. "None of the parents knew what was going on in the classroom."

Special-needs student's classroom outbursts led classmate's parents to seek restraining order

The teacher shortage is brutal in Special Education. At present, 49 states report a shortage in Special Ed.

There are many reasons for this: more students with special needs; fewer college students going into the profession; and a high turnover in the field. From my insider's view--I am NOT a special educator but I do work with special needs students and teachers--the field is much too demanding.

Here is what I mean.

1. Working with special needs students is highly rewarding. But federal and state demands and the endless paperwork have made the job administrative as well. So on top of the emotional/mental work of teaching children, add mounds and mounds of (shocker) governmental bureaucracy.

2. Admin, classroom Teachers and Parents of Special Needs children can be highly demanding.The admin wants his building to be compliant with all laws, etc. The teacher wants the child to follow rules, work with others, etc. And the parents can go from uninvolved to too involved and even litigious.

3. On top of managing admin, teachers and parents, Special Educators are also often managing their own staff of paraprofessionals. They can be wonderful coworkers--or not, and this too can be stressful.

4. Special Ed teachers are often physically assaulted at work. This is considered "part of the job". Yes, you understand that your students can't help it. Still, it is not uncommon to hear about Special Ed teachers hospitalized, in surgery, in casts and crutches because of their injuries.

How long are you going to stay in that job? Is it any wonder the turnover is so high?

About the Shortage

DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES THERE IS NO TEACHER SHORTAGE IN SPECIAL EDUCATION !

Believe me I have my Masters in it and licensed in it, been to over 30+ interviews and not hired as a teacher instead I have A CDL and drive a truck. I have 5 reference letters saying how great a teacher would be from teachers and paras. Renewed license several times over like 7 years I gave up last few years got a CDL and drive a truck Instead. Many of my classmates could not get hired in special ed either and have moved to other occupations, one girl I know same problem getting hired went into accounting instead.

There is no shortage but an oversupply of teachers with SPECIAL ED licences and not enough jobs !

We need to eliminate special ed from our schools. Disabled kids who need specialized daycare should go to special schools with a separate budget. Or be homeschooled.

I'm getting to the point that I agree with you when kids are a danger to others--and I don't mean 'safe space' words, I mean an actual, physical danger. And I would love to hear from liberals why gen ed children need to be put at risk (not to mention teachers) because of a child or teen's disabilities.

Short of a physical danger I think special needs children can be schooled with their peers.

No they can't. That's why there are special education classrooms and various adn assorted attendants and assistants and teachers.

When they are placed in the regular classroom, they pose a distraction or worse.

We are not obligated to babysit drooling retards and spastics or violent brain damaged teens in our classrooms. They suck up resources we need for kids who actually move on to become productive members of society.
Wow.
Deplorables.

Teacher Shortage

Preschool_kids.png

Leftist scumbags use disabled and vulnerable children to virtue signal so that nobody will *question* their garbage.

Our NORMAL children need those education resources that are being consumed (and wasted) by children who are shoveled onto the short bus and into our schools by people who live off the funding that attends them. The children aren't learning anything. The only reason the majority of those *special* kids are in school is to give the parents a break. They aren't learning anything, they suck the resources meant for the kids who CAN learn..and they don't give a shit..the only people who care are the parents, who want a break..and the steady parade of mentally ill misfits who are paid to wipe their asses in the schools.
Deplorables....with some serious baggage over education, period.

No they can't. That's why there are special education classrooms and various adn assorted attendants and assistants and teachers.

When they are placed in the regular classroom, they pose a distraction or worse.

Wow.
Deplorables.
We need fewer like you and tommy in the classrooms..not more.

Deplorables....with some serious baggage over education, period.
1o7ca5.jpg

How the fuck do you know what any kids in any school are or are not learning? Who the fuck are you to belittle children with special challenges trying to get what is guaranteed to all children in this country; an education. Why the fuck didn’t you ever get one? You are the lowest of the fucking low to use kids facing these kinds of challenges to make some petty political point or to play out some stupid fucking online persona. Very sincerely, fuck you.

Given the shit children are allowed to get away with in classrooms just now it is amazing only that anyone becomes a teacher. Perhaps there is a deep strain of masochism that's being tapped?

:bsflag:
The teacher shortage is brutal in Special Education. At present, 49 states report a shortage in Special Ed.

There are many reasons for this: more students with special needs; fewer college students going into the profession; and a high turnover in the field. From my insider's view--I am NOT a special educator but I do work with special needs students and teachers--the field is much too demanding.

Here is what I mean.

1. Working with special needs students is highly rewarding. But federal and state demands and the endless paperwork have made the job administrative as well. So on top of the emotional/mental work of teaching children, add mounds and mounds of (shocker) governmental bureaucracy.

2. Admin, classroom Teachers and Parents of Special Needs children can be highly demanding.The admin wants his building to be compliant with all laws, etc. The teacher wants the child to follow rules, work with others, etc. And the parents can go from uninvolved to too involved and even litigious.

3. On top of managing admin, teachers and parents, Special Educators are also often managing their own staff of paraprofessionals. They can be wonderful coworkers--or not, and this too can be stressful.

4. Special Ed teachers are often physically assaulted at work. This is considered "part of the job". Yes, you understand that your students can't help it. Still, it is not uncommon to hear about Special Ed teachers hospitalized, in surgery, in casts and crutches because of their injuries.

How long are you going to stay in that job? Is it any wonder the turnover is so high?

About the Shortage

Believe me I have my Masters in it and licensed in it, been to over 30+ interviews and not hired as a teacher instead I have A CDL and drive a truck. I have 5 reference letters saying how great a teacher would be from teachers and paras. Renewed license several times over like 7 years I gave up last few years got a CDL and drive a truck Instead. Many of my classmates could not get hired in special ed either and have moved to other occupations, one girl I know same problem getting hired went into accounting instead.

There is no shortage but an oversupply of teachers with SPECIAL ED licences and not enough jobs !

:bsflag:

Why would anybody want to do that? And even for those who are initially willing, it MUST have a high burnout rate.

How could there NOT be a shortage?

You dont get to define "normal". they are all Gods childr
You have bigger problems than those you sick fuck. Just read the poison you have just written, you should hang your head in shame.

It's not poison, it's truth.

Imbeciles like you don't understand the difference. I actually classify you in the drooling, brain damaged retard category, you know. I don't think people like you belong in a normal classroom, either.
There are some sick people on this site but you are out there on your own.Why do you hate sick children ? I have never read such a hate filled sick rant. You disgust me.

I don't hate sick children at all.

I don't think money should be taken from normal, sane, intelligent children's EDUCATION FUNDING to care for them.

And I'm glad you are disgusted, if you weren't, I'd be worried.
You dont get to define "normal". They are all Gods children and they all deserve a fair crack.

*Normal* has a definition and that is the one I'm using.

People like you don't get to re-define it.

A fair crack doesn't mean attendants and a diaper change 2x a day at the school. That's above and beyond what our schools need to provide for students.

Those kids are nothing but cash cows for the schools and for their parents. They should be institutionalized. Or, if the parents choose not to institutionalize them, they can find other arrangements for daycare..but NOT IN OUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

You can't make up your mind can you? Are these children in wheelchairs "cash cows" for the schools, or do they cost too much money and eat up resources? Which is it?

Doesn't matter, you're going to scorn them either way. I hope you realize that you are always, always, one good head bash or spinal cord injury from this yourself. Not to mention Alzheimer's or dementia. The human condition is frightfully perilous. Your words and attitude are disgusting.

How many special needs children have you worked in your life that you can say this--that they "aren't learning anything"?

A rough estimate will do.

"Over a three-month period, the boy allegedly threatened the girl with scissors and pushed and punched her in the stomach, the Soncini parents said. Other students in the classroom allegedly were hit with a book and a lunchbox, and a teacher was punched and kicked, they added.

"The parents found out about the incidents when their daughter came home crying one day, they said.

"She told us she's scared to be around this boy," Robert Soncini said. "We're upset that our child is being assaulted and threatened with sharp objects."

"The boy's behavior apparently became so disruptive the teacher created a "safe word" to inform students to leave the classroom during the boy's episodes, the Soncini parents said. These "classroom evacuations" allegedly happened about three times a week, they added.

"The school never contacted me about this," Sara Soncini said. "None of the parents knew what was going on in the classroom."

Special-needs student's classroom outbursts led classmate's parents to seek restraining order

These are exactly the situations I'm talking about in the OP--when things get violent, that's the no-go zone for me. That's when the child can be removed from the classroom altogether, and if that doesn't work, the school. Period, end of story.

If that would have happened, Nikolas Cruz would not have happened. Most likely, anyway.

Here is what I mean.

About the Shortage

Something stinks in Denmark right here.

Nope.

Did you read your bible before spewing this shit ?

The bible says nothing about stealing the teachers of active, intelligent children for the purpose of babysitting children who can't be taught, and in reality are only in school to give their poor parents a break from wiping their asses and providing a living barrier between their child and the world.

I have no problem with putting kids in classrooms and I don't even have a problem with state resources being used for them.

I have a big fucking problem with our public schools being subverted to facilitate it. I have a big problem with schools who, because they get *extra* funding for retards, race around trying to encourage parents to get their kids medicated and/or diagnosed so the schools can get their hands on that cashola...while my extremely intelligent children aren't issued MATH books because there *isn't enough money*.

I have a problem with a wheelchair confined, non verbal, brain damaged nematode being rolled into a classroom by his *attendant* who stands by as he roars and farts and flops.....yet there are no tutors for my kids when they have problems with long division because we just don't have money for that.
Why do you see these kids as competing for funds with your kids ? Isnt the obvious answer to increase the fundng so that everybody gets a decent education ? Why do you need a minority group to blame every time ?

Forum List

Back