Teacher calls student "the dumbest girl I ever met".

Funny, the same republicans who always want to take more money out of schools are objecting to this teacher while simultaneously tearing down teachers in general. And they act as if one has nothing to do with the other

Regardless if money is taken from schools, it doesn't excuse what the teacher did. If my work budget is cut, do I get an excuse to be rude to my customers?
Students are not customers. The relationship between teachers and students is not one of a salesperson trying to please a customer.

The professionalism of that is still there. Yet again, the teacher could have asked the student to leave. That is what is supposed to happen and it didn't. He fucked up and now he has to deal with it. Spin away all you want it doesn't change that FACT.

Funny, the same republicans who always want to take more money out of schools are objecting to this teacher while simultaneously tearing down teachers in general. And they act as if one has nothing to do with the other

Regardless if money is taken from schools, it doesn't excuse what the teacher did. If my work budget is cut, do I get an excuse to be rude to my customers?

You want quality teachers for shit pay. Seems reasonable I guess

Professionalism at all times. Nobody forces them to be teachers.

Ok, but if you expect a security guard that gets paid min wage to secure some shit with his life you're in for a bad time. Same thing, you pay for what you get.

What the fuck are you talking about? What a jackass you are making such a simple minded assumption. If you were well read and knowledgeable about the world at large, you would know that there are people who fool others by acting innocent and 'charming.' All the time. People like Ted Bundy, for example. You're just as dumb as the kid in the article.
And this mastermind of a student just so happened to bait the teacher into making his ignorant and hateful statements just as she was recording his lesson and asked him a simple question???...lol.

Please stop giving the word "stupidity" even greater meaning...

So by that logic, if a student seduces a teacher and the teacher accepts it, then the teacher shouldn't be punished for having sex with an underage student.

Sorry, that doesn't fly under ANY circumstances. The teacher should be professional enough to not be "baited" into anything like that. The teacher can simply tell the student to leave and report to the admin office if it upsets the teacher. Instead this teacher was an idiot and now will suffer consequences over it. Tough shit for the teacher.
That's not the logic he used. You don't make any sense at all.

Yes it is his logic. He excused the teacher saying what he did because he claimed the student of baiting the teacher as if that is an excuse. I simply pointed out that isn't an excuse because as an authority figure he could have simply told the student to leave. Instead he fucked up and now it's time for the consequences.
It is not the same. You cannot compare the two situations....there is no logical connection. It is a false analogy.

You can deny all you want. It is and your denial just means that you excuse the unprofessional behavior of a teacher. Good on you for wanting scum teachers.

s

Students are not customers. The relationship between teachers and students is not one of a salesperson trying to please a customer.

The professionalism of that is still there. Yet again, the teacher could have asked the student to leave. That is what is supposed to happen and it didn't. He fucked up and now he has to deal with it. Spin away all you want it doesn't change that FACT.
In most schools the teacher cannot just send a child out of the classroom. He/she has to make arrangements with the dean of students, counselor, vice principal, etc., and have the child picked up by someone from the office and taken to the admin to be dealt with. Teachers these days are not allowed to use the discipline of the past wherein they just told the kid to go down to the office. Reason? These days, half the time the kid doesn't go to the office, just takes off or goes somewhere to smoke or make trouble elsewhere. Can't trust a kid these days to go directly to the office. Instead of going to all that trouble, the teacher just tries to deal with the kid in the classroom so she/he doesn't stop the lesson while she/he makes all those arrangements. That's what the admin wants anyway because they don't want to deal with the problem. They don't support the teachers. I have quite a few very good friends who are teachers; I know how it works.

Ok, but if you expect a security guard that gets paid min wage to secure some shit with his life you're in for a bad time. Same thing, you pay for what you get.

I know of no min wage security guard jobs where the policy is to guard property with their life. Please show me such company that requires their min wage security guards to do that. False analogy on your part.

In most schools the teacher cannot just send a child out of the classroom. He/she has to make arrangements with the dean of students, counselor, vice principal, etc., and have the child picked up by someone from the office and taken to the admin to be dealt with. Teachers these days are not allowed to use the discipline of the past wherein they just told the kid to go down to the office. Reason? These days, half the time the kid doesn't go to the office, just takes off or goes somewhere to smoke or make trouble elsewhere. Can't trust a kid these days to go directly to the office. Instead of going to all that trouble, the teacher just tries to deal with the kid in the classroom so she/he doesn't stop the lesson while she/he make all those arrangement. That's what the admin wants anyway because they don't want to deal with the problem. They don't support the teachers. I have quite a few very good friends who are teachers; I know how it works.

Incorrect, schools already have policies in affect to send them to the admin office for disciplinary action and even calling the police is necessary. Show me a school who doesn't have that policy and instead forces the teacher to deal with the student exclusively.

I know of no min wage security guard jobs where the policy is to guard property with their life. Please show me such company that requires their min wage security guards to do that. False analogy on your part.

Of course thats not the policy. No one can make that a policy. But paying someone shit will lower their levels of "give a dam" no matter what profession it is.

And this mastermind of a student just so happened to bait the teacher into making his ignorant and hateful statements just as she was recording his lesson and asked him a simple question???...lol.

Please stop giving the word "stupidity" even greater meaning...

So by that logic, if a student seduces a teacher and the teacher accepts it, then the teacher shouldn't be punished for having sex with an underage student.

Sorry, that doesn't fly under ANY circumstances. The teacher should be professional enough to not be "baited" into anything like that. The teacher can simply tell the student to leave and report to the admin office if it upsets the teacher. Instead this teacher was an idiot and now will suffer consequences over it. Tough shit for the teacher.

Yes it is his logic. He excused the teacher saying what he did because he claimed the student of baiting the teacher as if that is an excuse. I simply pointed out that isn't an excuse because as an authority figure he could have simply told the student to leave. Instead he fucked up and now it's time for the consequences.
It is not the same. You cannot compare the two situations....there is no logical connection. It is a false analogy.

You can deny all you want. It is and your denial just means that you excuse the unprofessional behavior of a teacher. Good on you for wanting scum teachers.
There is no connection. It's a false analogy. But I'm not going to give you a lesson in logic you dumbass.

In most schools the teacher cannot just send a child out of the classroom. He/she has to make arrangements with the dean of students, counselor, vice principal, etc., and have the child picked up by someone from the office and taken to the admin to be dealt with. Teachers these days are not allowed to use the discipline of the past wherein they just told the kid to go down to the office. Reason? These days, half the time the kid doesn't go to the office, just takes off or goes somewhere to smoke or make trouble elsewhere. Can't trust a kid these days to go directly to the office. Instead of going to all that trouble, the teacher just tries to deal with the kid in the classroom so she/he doesn't stop the lesson while she/he make all those arrangement. That's what the admin wants anyway because they don't want to deal with the problem. They don't support the teachers. I have quite a few very good friends who are teachers; I know how it works.

Incorrect, schools already have policies in affect to send them to the admin office for disciplinary action and even calling the police is necessary. Show me a school who doesn't have that policy and instead forces the teacher to deal with the student exclusively.
Yeah. When you stop the class and make all kinds of arrangements that you don't have time for because you want to teach the lesson. Just as I said. YOU CANNOT JUST TELL A KID TO GET OUT AND GO TO THE OFFICE. It doesn't work that way.

Of course thats not the policy. No one can make that a policy. But paying someone shit will lower their levels of "give a dam" no matter what profession it is.

To a point yes, but even a min wage security job doesn't give the guard an excuse to tell someone they see to fuck off. They will still be fired for such a thing. Just because a job is min wage or low, doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want to.

There is no connection. It's a false analogy. But I'm not going to give you a lesson in logic you dumbass.

As I said, your denial means nothing and you only excuse unprofessional behavior. Good on you for being the problem. You are an idiot.

Yeah. When you stop the class and make all kinds of arrangements that you don't have time for because you want to teach the lesson. Just as I said. YOU CANNOT JUST TELL A KID TO GET OUT AND GO TO THE OFFICE. It doesn't work that way.

Yes you can, why can't your dumb ass show me a school policy that doesn't allow it you fucktard.

Almost every school encourages teachers to deal with the problem on their own unless the child is violent. You don't know shit about the reality of American classrooms.

Yes you can, why can't your dumb ass show me a school policy that doesn't allow it you fucktard.
Because every fucking school has the policy you idiot.

Almost every school encourages teachers to deal with the problem on their own unless the child is violent. You don't know shit about the reality of American classrooms.

And if the teacher is at the point where he is about to insult the student it is obvious to anyone who isn't a fucktard for the teacher to send the student to the admin office.

Because every fucking school has the policy you idiot.

No it doesn't fucktard. The fact you can't show me a school policy where it says the teacher cannot send the student to the admin office only proves my point and proves you are an idiot fucktard.

No you can't. Why don't you talk to a few dozen teachers instead of ranting on and on about something of which you are completely ignorant.

No you can't. Why don't you talk to a few dozen teachers instead of ranting on and on about something of which you are completely ignorant.

Again you fucktard, show me the policy where it says the teacher CANNOT send the student to the admin office and is then forced to insult the student instead. Provide it or STFU because you have been proven WRONG again.

Telling a student they are stupid, oh my....Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick to get their attention...

And just for the record, no it wouldn't be illegal for her to have recorded it regardless:

"Conversations in private places are banned from third party audio recording and a member of a conversation can covertly record the conversation without the consent of others. Conversations that occur in public can be recorded by a third party (see O.C.G.A. § 16-11-62).

Recording actions in public places without the consent of those being recorded is legal. Recording actions in a private place or in a public place that is out of public view requires the consent of all those being recorded (see O.C.G.A. § 16-11-62). The law has further clauses regarding recording actions of individuals under 18 as well as when it is on one's own property.[1]" ~ Georgia (U.S. state) wiretapping laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schools are considered "public" places so that's that.

Teachers just want to manipulate and brainwash parent's children in secret, and are just REALLY offended when that secret mental conditioning and bullying gets out into the public. They think it is none of the public's business even though it is our children and our tax money they are dealing with.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that either. This teacher insulted the student and should be dealt with. But in no way are all teachers out to do what you claim. I have seen VERY good teachers throughout my child's education and the majority just want to actually teach students, not brainwash them.

Forum List

Back