Teacher attacks teen.....Guess Why.

It doesn't matter if it was a joke; the f'ing teacher compared her to the f'ing KKK. That's a fireable offense as far as I'm concerned. This teacher didn't even get suspended though.

Which is exactly why the teacher's unions need to be abolished.

Mild disagreement here....
....the Constitution mandates freedom of assembly.

How about we get legislation that holds elected officials responsible for any contract they sign?

It doesn't matter if it was a joke; the f'ing teacher compared her to the f'ing KKK. That's a fireable offense as far as I'm concerned. This teacher didn't even get suspended though.

How about we get legislation that holds elected officials responsible for any contract they sign?

Who would hold them responsible?

Elected Officials?

A handful or less of these (I do sternly disagree with what they did. Firing should be involved) out of hundreds and hundreds of thousand teachers in classrooms today, wow.

It's a flippin' epidemic!!

Elected Officials?

Once upon a time we believed we were a nation of laws, not of men.....

In 'Common Sense' Thomas Paine reminded the American colonists that in a free republic ” the law is king”

Elected Officials?

No. Contract law handles contracts. I don't know what legislation would necessarily do to make the judicial branch hold people to contracts.

A union isn't freedom of assembly, it's organizations extorting money from people so that they can work, and forcing members to pay dues that are used to support political candidates they detest is not the American Way.

Elected Officials?

No. Contract law handles contracts. I don't know what legislation would necessarily do to make the judicial branch hold people to contracts.

Contract Law "handles contracts." What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

A union isn't freedom of assembly, it's organizations extorting money from people so that they can work, and forcing members to pay dues that are used to support political candidates they detest is not the American Way.

Nope.

Use language correctly.
There is no 'extortion' nor 'force.'

Corrupt officials exchange access to the public fisc for votes.

I have no prob with anybody asking for whatsoever they wish.
Blame the ones who say "OK."

I remember a kid was suspended for having an American flag
on his bike when he rode the bike to school.
I think it had something to do with offending the Illegal aliens
who were getting an education from US taxpayers.

Nope.

Use language correctly.

You don't pay the dues, you are not allowed to work, that's extortion. I was a member of Local 1117 in NYC, we stopped private non-union commercial moving companies from doing jobs, and unless you belonged to the Union, you were not allowed to work the job. I was also a member of District Council 9 in NYC, you are not a union member, you are not allowed to work on almost evert large construction project in NYC. That's forcing people to join the union if they want to work so I disagree with you. We won't even get into the Trash Haulers Unions in NYC or the Concrete Unions, or the Teamsters in general that force people to support the Unions if they want their trash taken away, or an order of concrete, or a freaking liquor or food delivery to their businesses in NYC. Unions almost always support the democratic party using members union dues, that is forcing me to subsidize the campaigns of people I find detestable.

"Teacher attacks teen.....Guess Why"

The kid was acting like a spoiled shit and the teacher backhanded him.

To steal his Halloween candy.

Seems like a logical answers...

Nope.

Use language correctly.

You don't pay the dues, you are not allowed to work, that's extortion. I was a member of Local 1117 in NYC, we stopped private non-union commercial moving companies from doing jobs, and unless you belonged to the Union, you were not allowed to work the job. I was also a member of District Council 9 in NYC, you are not a union member, you are not allowed to work on almost evert large construction project in NYC. That's forcing people to join the union if they want to work so I disagree with you. We won't even get into the Trash Haulers Unions in NYC or the Concrete Unions, or the Teamsters in general that force people to support the Unions if they want their trash taken away, or an order of concrete, or a freaking liquor or food delivery to their businesses in NYC. Unions almost always support the democratic party using members union dues, that is forcing me to subsidize the campaigns of people I find detestable.

1. "STUDY
The Supreme Court's Beck Decision Recognizes Individual Worker Rights

By Robert P. Hunter, published on Sept. 1, 1998
A decade ago, the U. S. Supreme Court established what are now known as "Beck rights" in the landmark decision Communication Workers v. Beck.1 Beck rights dictate that workers cannot be forced under union contracts to pay any dues or fees beyond those necessary for the performance of the union's employee representation duties."
The Supreme Court's Beck Decision Recognizes Individual Worker Rights [Mackinac Center]

2. "Unions almost always support the democratic party using members union dues, that is forcing me to subsidize the campaigns of people I find detestable."

Having friends who are teacher, I know for a fact that the political arm is separate and one need not contribute to that agency.
"...any worker who objects to his union's use of his dues money for purposes not directly related to collective bargaining is entitled to a refund of that portion of his dues. Beck rights are a triumph of individual rights over the political weight of union leaders."
Ibid.

But...you are certainly correct that the support goes to the Democrats.

Forum List

Back