Tea Party speaker calls for hanging of Washington senator.

The Remark is attributed to an unidentified woman speaker.

'nuff said.

when a featured speaker actually called for the hanging of Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash), the fourth ranking Democrat in the Senate and a vulnerable re-election candidate

You don't have people speak at your events that don't represent you, do you?

You seemed to miss the fact there is a video of this.

It happens yes. We have many representatives that vote for bills that the majority of their constituents do not want. So yes, it can happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABYb7AQ7k]YouTube - Moveon.org Bush-Hitler Unaired TV Ad.flv[/ame]

I was mocking much of the media rhetoric. I do not believe the tea party movement is extreme at all. Some of its people may be yes. There are extremists on both sides.

'nuff said.

when a featured speaker actually called for the hanging of Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash), the fourth ranking Democrat in the Senate and a vulnerable re-election candidate

Cons don't understand about that new-fangled thing called video. They prove that over and over.

'nuff said.

Cons don't understand about that new-fangled thing called video. They prove that over and over.

Fuck off, you partisan hack piece of shit.

Idaho should just annex eastern washington. :D

Tea Party Speaker: Hang Patty Murray

How many of you have watched the movie Lonesome Dove?," asked an unidentified female speaker from the podium. "What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd? What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd. He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray."
Crash The Tea Party!

Nuff said.

too funny....mostly the same people have concerns here are utterly silent about the wishing of death of governor christie :eusa_whistle:

too funny....mostly the same people have concerns here are utterly silent about the wishing of death of governor christie :eusa_whistle:

And the same people who are incensed by the very tasteless joke about Governor Christie, are just writing off the death wish on a US Senator as a hoax.

That's just weird!

Okay - I clicked all the junk in NoScripts so I could watch the clip.

They interview a couple of men and show their names - they sound reasonable. The woman speaker sounds inappropriate - but they didn't play her full remarks. It would be helpful to know what she said after making the comment.

You have never been to eastern washington, have you? :lol:

I have.

It doesn't sound like they have too much on this.

By the way, saying you wish someone dead is not the same as a death threat.

Just saying.

And the same people who are incensed by the very tasteless joke about Governor Christie, are just writing off the death wish on a US Senator as a hoax.

That's just weird!

Nothin like tasteless jokes and death threats to keep the ole politicians in line eh? :tongue:

With all the BS they go through, they still fight hard to keep them jobs ya know?

In the context both were put, neither sounded anywhere near a legitimate threat and I don't see any problem with either. In fact I thought the one about Governor Chistie did exhibit a bit more humor and I did chuckle at it. Of course it isn't as if I myself haven't been given a talking or 2 (or 3) about political correctness so I can't be considered any sort of expert on these new political sensitivities.

By the way, saying you wish someone dead is not the same as a death threat.

Correct.

Wishing someone dead: "What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd. He got hung. And that's what I wish would happen to Patty Murray."

Wanting to kill someone: "What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd. He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray."

Subtle, but very different.

Idaho should just annex eastern washington. :D

Tea Party Speaker: Hang Patty Murray

How many of you have watched the movie Lonesome Dove?," asked an unidentified female speaker from the podium. "What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd? What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd. He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray."
Crash The Tea Party!

Nuff said.

Did you watch the video?

I am sorry I posted a thread on a local current event.
An I am sorry it is clear as day in the video what the lady was saying and that she was at Tea Party event. I think I have a right to be pissed when someone makes comments like that about MY senator.

Forum List

Back