Tea Party movement has no racial boundaries--African Americans as guest speakers.

polk, that sign said the president was turning citizens into ******* and slaves.

how about this:

The Democrat Party’s Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism
Senator Robert Byrd, D-WV: Byrd is a former member of the Ku Klux Klan and is currently the only national elected official with a history in the Klan, a well known hate group. Byrd was extremely active in the Klan and rose to the rank of “Kleagle,” an official Klan membership recruiter. Byrd once stated that he joined the Klan because it was effective in "promoting traditional American values" (Source). Byrd's choice of words speak volumes about his bigotry considering the fact that the Klan is a notorious hate group, and the racist "values" it promotes are anything but American. One of the earliest criticisms of Byrd's Klan ties came in 1952 when he was running for Congress. Byrd responded by claiming that he had left the Klan in 1943 while noting that "(d)uring the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." Byrd was lying, however, as he engaged in correspondence with a Klan Imperial Wizard long after he claims to have ended his ties with the hate group.

In a letter to the Klan leadership (Source) dated 3 years after he purported to have ended his ties with them, Byrd wrote "I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state. The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd continued his racist diatribe "It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union" and followed with a request for assistance from the hate group's leadership in "rebuilding the Klan in the realm" of West Virginia.

Byrd's racism extends far beyond his Klan membership. In a letter he wrote on the subject of desegregating the armed forces, Byrd escalated his racist rhetoric to an appalling level. In the letter, Byrd vowed that he would never fight in an integrated armed services noting "(r)ather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds" (Source).

Byrd's racist opinions have shown their ugly face in his behavior in the Senate. Byrd led the filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and, according to the United States Senate's own website, filibustered the legislation to the bitter end appearing as one of the last opponents to the act before a coalition of civil rights proponents led by Republican Minority Leader Everett Dirksen invoked cloture so that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 could pass. At the time, Byrd was in the the midst of a 14 hour and 13 minute filibuster diatribe against the key civil rights measure (Source). Throughout the 1960's, Byrd was was one of the staunchest opponents to civil rights in the U.S. Senate. Byrd’s racist history drew attention recently when he went on national television and repeatedly used the n-word, one of the most vicious racial slurs in existence, in an appearance on national television. Byrd uttered the slur on Fox News Sunday with Tony Snow on March 5, 2001. Despite the appalling nature of the remark, it went largely ignored by the mainstream media and the self appointed "civil rights" leadership. Whereas a similar remark by anyone other than a leading Democrat Senator would assuredly prompt the likes of Jesse Jackson to assemble protest rallies demanding resignations, the Jackson crowd was eerily quiet following Byrd's remarks, issuing only low key suggestions that Byrd should avoid making such bigoted remarks.

In a sickening recognition of Byrd's appalling political career, the national Democrat party has done nothing but embrace the West Virginia senator with leadership roles and practically every honor imaginable. To this very day the Democrats call former Klansman turned U.S. Senator Robert Byrd the "conscience of the Senate." They have embraced him as their party's central pillar in all ways possible. Byrd has been reelected more times than any other Democrat senator, has served as a Democrat in Congress, a Democrat State Senator in West Virginia, and a Democrat State Delegate in West Virginia. Democrats have made repeatedly elected Byrd into their national party leadership and into the U.S. Senate leadership. He became secretary of the Senate Democrat Caucus in 1967, and Senate Democrat Whip in 1971. The Democrats elected former Klansman Byrd as their Senate Majority Leader from 1977-1980 and as their Senate Minority Leader from 1981-1986. Byrd was again elected Democrat Majority Leader from 1987-1988. Democrats made Byrd the chairman of the powerful Appropriations Committee and President Pro Tempore of the Senate from 1989 until the Republicans won control of the Senate in November 1994. Following the defection of Jim Jeffords in June 2001, the Democrats again made Byrd the chairman of the Appropriations Committee and elected him to the highest ranking office in the Senate: the President Pro Tempore, a position which also put this former Klansman 4th in line for the presidency. Byrd lost his position when Republicans retook the Senate in late 2002, but continues to serve as one of the highest ranking members of the Democrat Senate leadership today.

Like the Reform Party, the Tea Party will be a brief novelty – a passing fad. Oh, it might do a thing or two. It might get a special governor elected into office somewhere as the Reform Party did for Jesse Ventura in Minnesota. Other than that, it won’t really accomplish much.

This theme gets rolled out on a regular basis, like the return of a comet, i.e., the theme that conservatism is going to surge in popularity with minorities. Usually it's that THIS time blacks are going to vote Republican; it's also that Hispanics are the future for conservatism...

...blah blah blah.

Wake us up when it happens.

This theme gets rolled out on a regular basis, like the return of a comet, i.e., the theme that conservatism is going to surge in popularity with minorities. Usually it's that THIS time blacks are going to vote Republican; it's also that Hispanics are the future for conservatism...

...blah blah blah.

Wake us up when it happens.

We don't want you to sleep. We want you to help by continuing to marginalize 'the other side'.
That's how you can help.

The tea party movement across this country is gaining support from African Americans as we see in the video below. So for all you liberals on this aboard that accuse the tea party as being only right wing--radical astro-turf--along with Rachel Maddow--Keith Olbermann & Criss Mathews---here is the proof that this movement includes everyone.

YouTube - Response to Olbermann: 'People of color' at Tea Parties

I saw those 2 fucking rejects when the Tea Party Express was here in Amarillo. Seems she's written a book about Palin, and he and she are selling it.

Dude threatened to hit me when I asked why he and his old lady were selling quitting and failure as something to be revered.

I then showed him my military ID and told him the first swing he took would be his last, as I'd break his arm.

He left me alone. If you know who this black Uncle Tom is, he's married to the chick on stage with him. Ask him about the hippie in Amarillo.

Now tell me again how the democratic party has clean hands on the idiotic issue of racism.....

Because segregation in this country was not a Democrat vs Republican issue. It was a North vs South issue. With a large concentration of Democrats in the south, naturally more Democrats voted for segregation. So did southern Republicans.
It was Democrats like JFK, LBJ and Humphrey who pushed civil rights legislation. It so enraged southern Democrats that they became.........Republicans

The Tea Party Express with Lloyd Marcus is kicking off in Harry Reid's hometown of Searchlight, Nv. The Governor will be there also. We are going for the event and watch the Las Vegas portion of the event at home. This will be fun. The Express is going from Searchlight to DC thoughout the USA. Tea Partiers are for lower taxes, equity in all areas, smaller government among other things. I fought for intergration my entire life. So thankful to have the burden of segregation and Jim Crow lifted from the country.

Last edited:
It's times like these that one should just revisit what that wise Liberal once said about his fellow Liberals..."Liberals are F*cking retarded." It's like trying to have a rational conversation with a screeching chimp. Think about it? Only a Liberal retard could defend a KKK Grand Wizard Robert Byrd and a drunk driving murderer Ted Kennedy. Liberals are not only retarded but are pretty hypocritical too. Oh yea,and make sure you support Lieutenant Colonel Allen West for Congress!!

Groups that don't have racial boundaries don't need to parade out members of the group that are non-white. :eusa_shhh:

And then annouce that they did so.:razz:

Well let's listen to what the man who is leading the RNC has to say on this subject.

Michael Steele says that "he" actually scares white Republicans | Crooks and Liars

MARTIN: But your candidates got to talk to them. One of the criticisms I've always had is Republicans -- white Republicans -- have been scared of black folks.

STEELE: You're absolutely right. I mean I've been in the room and they've been scared of me. I'm like, "I'm on your side" and so I can imagine going out there and talking to someone like you, you know, [say] "I'll listen." And they're like "Well." Let me tell you. You saw in Christie and you saw in McDonnell a door open because they went in and engaged. McDonnell was very deliberate about spending...

MARTIN: Right.

So when someone is called a racist they aren't supposed to defend themselves?

Sometimes people should really step back and think for just a minute.

There are much better ways than what the OP did.

Obama is called a racist by some of you 24/7, you don't see him out there pointing to all the white people he put in his Administration.

Forum List

Back