Tea Party = Fake

I thought the Koch Brothers would pay me $39.95 per post

WTF

30,371 * 39.95 * 2 = wow!

George Monbiot – Toxic Brew

Yeah, the article is going on two years old. Truth doesn't become less true with time, though.

Most of these bodies call themselves “free market thinktanks”, but their trick, as (Astro)Turf Wars points out, is to conflate crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty. Between them they have constructed the philosophy which informs the Tea Party movement: its members mobilise for freedom, unaware that the freedom they demand is freedom for corporations to trample them into the dirt. The thinktanks the Kochs have funded devise the game and the rules by which it is played; Americans for Prosperity coaches and motivates the team.

Astroturfing is now taking off in the United Kingdom. Earlier this month Spinwatch showed how a fake grassroots group set up by health insurers helped shape the Tories’ NHS reforms(18). Billionaires and corporations are capturing the political process everywhere; anyone with an interest in democracy should be thinking about how to resist them. Nothing is real any more. Nothing is as it seems.

the article is from Oct 2010-

Yeah, the article is going on two years old. Truth doesn't become less true with time, though.

why byes, those 60 some odd seats the gop took in the house and the 6 seats in the senate were are 'not true'....:rolleyes:

Most of these bodies call themselves “free market thinktanks”, but their trick, as (Astro)Turf Wars points out, is to conflate crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty. Between them they have constructed the philosophy which informs the Tea Party movement: its members mobilise for freedom, unaware that the freedom they demand is freedom for corporations to trample them into the dirt. The thinktanks the Kochs have funded devise the game and the rules by which it is played; Americans for Prosperity coaches and motivates the team.

Astroturfing is now taking off in the United Kingdom. Earlier this month Spinwatch showed how a fake grassroots group set up by health insurers helped shape the Tories’ NHS reforms(18). Billionaires and corporations are capturing the political process everywhere; anyone with an interest in democracy should be thinking about how to resist them. Nothing is real any more. Nothing is as it seems.

why byes, those 60 some odd seats the gop took in the house and the 6 seats in the senate were are 'not true'....:rolleyes:

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:

why yes of course, facts are crazy......................

Yeah, that Tea party was fake in the 2010 elections, in the Walker recall, but you go along your merry way thinking the Tea Party is fake...Presidential elections just around the corner..

I noticed that the generic congressional ballot is about where it was in 2010 in the conservatives favor.

I really hope that the libs continue to underestimate and dismiss. It is fun to watch.

WHoops... I didn't notice that. So it's pre NOVEMBER 2010 blowout of liberal ideology, and the repudiation of all big government agenda since then.

There's absolutely no doubt the Koch brothers helped bankroll the Tea Party movement.

There's also absolutely no doubt that the Koch brothers would benefit from that agenda. Its their agenda after all.

There have been some extremely amoral actions done by their companies. That's certainly not specific to the Koch brother's companies, but the actions they have done is a large reason why we need effective regulation of corporations. Otherwise, we get the trusts and the 19th century Robber Barons all over again.

I'd like to see the Federal government downsized and more authority devolve to the states, because I can keep a better eye on my state government, and have slightly more chance to impact their stances.

But the Feds need to ensure effective regulation of many key industries across state lines, especially Wall Street, which as we've seen can take down the whole system.

This certainly seems to me what was written in the Constitution, but it isn't what the Tea Party stands for any more, which is a shame. Until they wake up to that fact, they are simply cat's paws for corporatism.

There's absolutely no doubt the Koch brothers helped bankroll the Tea Party movement.

There's also absolutely no doubt that the Koch brothers would benefit from that agenda. Its their agenda after all.

There have been some extremely amoral actions done by their companies. That's certainly not specific to the Koch brother's companies, but the actions they have done is a large reason why we need effective regulation of corporations. Otherwise, we get the trusts and the 19th century Robber Barons all over again.

I'd like to see the Federal government downsized and more authority devolve to the states, because I can keep a better eye on my state government, and have slightly more chance to impact their stances.

But the Feds need to ensure effective regulation of many key industries across state lines, especially Wall Street, which as we've seen can take down the whole system.

This certainly seems to me what was written in the Constitution, but it isn't what the Tea Party stands for any more, which is a shame. Until they wake up to that fact, they are simply cat's paws for corporatism.
More BoogaboogaKochbros!

More BoogaboogaKochbros!

The Koch's are very evil people. Though the right wing trash doesn't care, they just do what they are told.

More BoogaboogaKochbros!

The Koch's are very evil people. Though the right wing trash doesn't care, they just do what they are told.
<cough> George Soros Hypocrisy fail </cough>

More BoogaboogaKochbros!

yea, that bastard david koch, sptting same sex marriage, stem cell research legalizing drugs etc...wtf eh?

<cough> George Soros Hypocrisy fail </cough>

I love how that's always the exact thing the right wing puppets always say when the Koch's come up.
Soros is like little league t-ball compared to the Koch's. The Koch's are the puppetmasters for the GOP
You discount all the 'evil' done by George Soros, why should we pay any attention to your complaints about the Koch Brothers.

George Soros has crashed major nation's currency and you call that 't-ball'?

You are so full of shit you tip over in the corners.

Forum List

Back