Tea Party Governor Signs Bill Banning Direct Tesla Sales

You presume the dealer adds no value to the transaction, which is false.

Tesla is subject to the same law as all other car manufacturers at this point. How is that restrictive liberty? What they wanted and did not receive was an unfair advantage.

Unfair how? Are there laws preventing Ford, GM, and Chrysler from selling directly to the customer?

Do the words "bi-partisan legislation" give a clue to the low information left? Michigan is hurting financially especially after Detroit went bankrupt. Tesla cars aren't cheap. Why shouldn't the state get it's fair share of the tax?

I would hazard a guess that the Michigan car dealers ponied up significant amounts of cash to push this legislation thru. Michigan is hurting financially and the politicians still want their share.

Tesla is subject to the same law as all other car manufacturers at this point. How is that restrictive liberty? What they wanted and did not receive was an unfair advantage.

Unfair how? Are there laws preventing Ford, GM, and Chrysler from selling directly to the customer?

Dealer franchise agreements forbid it...and I think some states DO prohibit it.

Yes

Do the words "bi-partisan legislation" give a clue to the low information left? Michigan is hurting financially especially after Detroit went bankrupt. Tesla cars aren't cheap. Why shouldn't the state get it's fair share of the tax?

I would hazard a guess that the Michigan car dealers ponied up significant amounts of cash to push this legislation thru. Michigan is hurting financially and the politicians still want their share.

Not necessary, as existing law was just extended to Tesla. Also, the state is protecting its industrial base with this law, hence the bipartisan support.

A gosh darn state can do what they want and if the PEOPLE who lives there doesn't like it then it's UP TO THEM to take it up with the Governor

Do you bitch about Commiefornia passing all kinds of FASCIST laws on the people who lives there? Or Detroit who allowed the city to go bankrupt?

get real please for your sake

The people of Michigan put them in office, and they can vote them out. This sort of interference with our lives is what true conservatives used to be against. Seems that has changed.

A gosh darn state can do what they want and if the PEOPLE who lives there doesn't like it then it's UP TO THEM to take it up with the Governor

Do you bitch about Commiefornia passing all kinds of FASCIST laws on the people who lives there? Or Detroit who allowed the city to go bankrupt?

Do you even know where you are?

The people of Michigan put them in office, and they can vote them out. This sort of interference with our lives is what true conservatives used to be against. Seems that has changed.

whatever, all this over some foreign car. I think the people are worried over things more IMPORTANT

gee another incohent post with nothing of substance , what suprise

you same people bitch because people aren't BUYING American and then we have this stupid thread over some "tea party governor" and a damn foreign made car

whatever, all this over some foreign car. I think the people are worried over things more IMPORTANT

Stephanie dear, you might want to get some facts before you post. Fremont CA may not be close to where you live, but it is in the good ol' USA.

Tesla is an American made car.

You really need to have some PRINCIBLES and stick with them instead of just flying off over any stupid thing because you think it hurts the OTHER party and the people in it

you same people bitch because people aren't BUYING American and then we have this stupid thread over some "tea party governor" and a damn foreign made car

Tesla Motors, Inc. is an American company that designs, manufactures, and sells electric cars and electric vehicle powertrain component

You are a first class ignorant jackass steph

Jeez

The Tesla is an American car. It is also a revolutionary design that shows us the future.

Plus, Elon Musk opened up all the patents on the Tesla's technology to other manufacturers.

Stephanie dear, you might want to get some facts before you post. Fremont CA may not be close to where you live, but it is in the good ol' USA.

My mistake if I'm wrong. I thought they were a foreign owned company

Even if they are American made who the hell can afford an all electric car?

What you plug them into your outlets at your home? Seriously people it's a great concept by most Americans can't AFFORD to own and drive them

Even if they are American made who the hell can afford an all electric car?

What you plug them into your outlets at your home? Seriously people it's a great concept by most Americans can't AFFORD to own and drive them

They are not cheap, that is true. But with the current electric prices here in Atlanta, you would have to get between 90 & 95 mpg (at $3 a gal for gas) to equal the low driving cost of the Tesla. And the Tesla does it with seating for 5 in a luxury car. Not to mention pretty serious performance (0-60 in less than 4.5 seconds in some models).

Forum List

Back