Tea Party = Fake

Apparently the Walker victory has gone unaccounted for in the Tea Party's victory column.

Then again, they never attribute any of the Tea Party wins to the Tea Party activity.

They climbed right up robmoneys ass the second they were told to

Money has nothing to do with anything. You don't mind wealthy people like Kennedy or Kerry or Pelosi, etc.

Dear idiot.

its not money that is evil.

its that some people care more about money than other human beings.

those rich fucks belong to your party

Oh yes, all the greedy wealthy people are republicans and all the wealthy humanitarians are democrats. Oh, yes, yes. :eusa_clap:

How else to explain the many middle-class and lower people who are wholeheartedly supporting lower taxes for the wealthy?

Are you saying Tea Party members are "middle-class and lower" and that they support "lower taxes for the wealthy"? What evidence to you have of this? TP members tend to be middle and upper middle class and TEA stands for Tax Enough Already, which is not necessarily a call for lower taxes, just not more taxes.

More importantly, how does supporting the idea of lowering personal income taxes mean a person "conflates crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty"? Every TP member I've spoken with supports a flatter, fairer tax scheme. How is that the same thing is cronyism and confusing the meaning of liberty?

They do? I mean - teabaggers keep SAYING they do but I've yet to see any actual graphs to prove that allegation.

You're not answering the questions nor offering any support of your original claim, that Tea Partiers "conflate crony capitalism with free enterprise". I'm not asking for what you think Tea Partiers are saying, I'm asking you to support your claim. Can you or not?

How else to explain the many middle-class and lower people who are wholeheartedly supporting lower taxes for the wealthy?

Are you saying Tea Party members are "middle-class and lower" and that they support "lower taxes for the wealthy"? What evidence to you have of this? TP members tend to be middle and upper middle class and TEA stands for Tax Enough Already, which is not necessarily a call for lower taxes, just not more taxes.

More importantly, how does supporting the idea of lowering personal income taxes mean a person "conflates crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty"? Every TP member I've spoken with supports a flatter, fairer tax scheme. How is that the same thing is cronyism and confusing the meaning of liberty?

They do? I mean - teabaggers keep SAYING they do but I've yet to see any actual graphs to prove that allegation.

The TP has been kicking democrat butts since Nov 2010.

Rick Santelli’s Planted Rant ? | The Big Picture

I read this article a very long time ago. For whatever reason, Playboy pulled it. Ya gotta love the internet.

Excerpt:
“How did a minor-league TV figure, whose contract with CNBC is due this summer, get so quickly launched into a nationwide rightwing blog sensation? Why were there so many sites and organizations online and live within minutes or hours after his rant, leading to a nationwide protest just a week after his rant?

What hasn’t been reported until now is evidence linking Santelli’s “tea party” rant with some very familiar names in the Republican rightwing machine, from PR operatives who specialize in imitation-grassroots PR campaigns (called “astroturfing”) to bigwig politicians and notorious billionaire funders. As veteran Russia reporters, both of us spent years watching the Kremlin use fake grassroots movements to influence and control the political landscape. To us, the uncanny speed and direction the movement took and the players involved in promoting it had a strangely forced quality to it. If it seemed scripted, that’s because it was.

What we discovered is that Santelli’s “rant” was not at all spontaneous as his alleged fans claim, but rather it was a carefully-planned trigger for the anti-Obama campaign. In PR terms, his February 19th call for a “Chicago Tea Party” was the launch event of a carefully organized and sophisticated PR campaign, one in which Santelli served as a frontman, using the CNBC airwaves for publicity, for the some of the craziest and sleaziest rightwing oligarch clans this country has ever produced. Namely, the Koch family, the multibilllionaire owners of the largest private corporation in America, and funders of scores of rightwing thinktanks and advocacy groups, from the Cato Institute and Reason Magazine to FreedomWorks. The scion of the Koch family, Fred Koch, was a co-founder of the notorious extremist-rightwing John Birch Society.”
What is Playboy’s evidence of this?
“Within hours of Santelli’s rant, a website called ChicagoTeaParty.com sprang to life. Essentially inactive until that day, it now featured a YouTube video of Santelli’s “tea party” rant and billed itself as the official home of the Chicago Tea Party. The domain was registered in August, 2008 by Zack Christenson, a dweeby Twitter Republican and producer for a popular Chicago rightwing radio host Milt Rosenberg—a familiar name to Obama campaign people. Last August, Rosenberg, who looks like Martin Short’s Irving Cohen character, caused an outcry when he interviewed Stanley Kurtz, the conservative writer who first “exposed” a personal link between Obama and former Weather Undergound leader Bill Ayers. As a result of Rosenberg’s radio interview, the Ayers story was given a major push through the Republican media echo chamber, culminating in Sarah Palin’s accusation that Obama was “palling around with terrorists.” That Rosenberg’s producer owns the “chicagoteaparty.com” site is already weird—but what’s even stranger is that he first bought the domain last August, right around the time of Rosenburg’s launch of the “Obama is a terrorist” campaign. It’s as if they held this “Chicago tea party” campaign in reserve, like a sleeper-site. Which is exactly what it was.

Playboy:eek:

Last edited:

This is certainly true, but the OP claims Tea Partiers "conflate crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty", yet offers nothing in support of this assessment. Her response on tax rates and the socioeconomic status of TP members was not only incorrect, it had NOTHING to do with the original claim. Is she always this poorly prepared to support her own argument?

MIGHT be?

What I find particularly entertaining is that BD gets her 'opinions' from left wing rags and then wonders why she's never seen anything that actually informs her of what the TEA Party actually stands for.

1. Protect the Constitution: Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does (82.03 percent).

2. Reject Cap & Trade: Stop costly new regulations that would increase unemployment, raise consumers prices, and weaken the nation's global competitiveness with virtually no impact on global temperatures (72.20 percent).

3. Demand a Balanced Budget: Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax hike. (69.69 percent)

4. Enact Fundamental Tax Reform: Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words -- the length of the original Constitution. (64.90 percent).

5. Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington: Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in a complete audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and programs better left for the states or local authorities, or ripe for wholesale reform or elimination due to our efforts to restore limited government consistent with the U.S. Constitution's meaning. (63.37 percent)

6. End Runaway Government Spending: Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of the inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth. (56.57 percent).

7. Defund, Repeal & Replace Government-run Health Care: Defund, repeal and replace the recently passed government-run health care with a system that actually makes health care and insurance more affordable by enabling a competitive, open, and transparent free-market health care and health insurance system that isn't restricted by state boundaries. (56.39 percent).

8. Pass an 'All-of-the-Above' Energy Policy: Authorize the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation, lowering prices and creating competition and jobs. (55.51 percent).

9. Stop the Pork: Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the budget is balanced, and then require a 2/3 majority to pass any earmark. (55.47 percent).

10. Stop the Tax Hikes: Permanently repeal all tax hikes, including those to the income, capital gains and death taxes, currently scheduled to begin in 2011. (53.38 percent).

Let's face it. The left would be happy if the Tea Party people would just go away. The left has run out of ideas and the momentum is swinging away. All the left has is mud slinging.

Let's face it. The left would be happy if the Tea Party people would just go away. The left has run out of ideas and the momentum is swinging away. All the left has is mud slinging.

yep...

I suspect you're correct here as well. I just don't understand how someone can make a bold, blanket statement that covers literally hundreds of thousands of people with the same broad brush but can't muster a single fact, logic or reason in support of that statement!

It would be like me saying: "Progressive central planning Democrats kill and eat babies and are mean to old people". Why? Because I say so! That's insane...:cuckoo:

I checked the mailbox when I got back from Taos and the Koch Brother check wasn't there. It's over 2 years now

When exactly do we get paid off?

Anyone?

Bueller?

I suspect you're correct here as well. I just don't understand how someone can make a bold, blanket statement that covers literally hundreds of thousands of people with the same broad brush but can't muster a single fact, logic or reason in support of that statement!

It would be like me saying: "Progressive central planning Democrats kill and eat babies and are mean to old people". Why? Because I say so! That's insane...:cuckoo:

What else can they say? Their team has failed. All they can do is bad mouth the team that's winning and that's the Tea Party. They have no sportsmanship and no integrity. They're poor losers and piss poor Americans.

This is certainly true, but the OP claims Tea Partiers "conflate crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty", yet offers nothing in support of this assessment. Her response on tax rates and the socioeconomic status of TP members was not only incorrect, it had NOTHING to do with the original claim. Is she always this poorly prepared to support her own argument?

The short answer to that is "Who died and made you my 10th grade civics teacher?"

"Personal liberty" is the Pavlov dog whistle that the Koch's are blowing to get the support they need from the rest of the party. Same for 'free enterprise.' Too bad they don't actually mean it. And crony capitalism is the truth of the whole thing, but we're not supposed to notice that.

I checked the mailbox when I got back from Taos and the Koch Brother check wasn't there. It's over 2 years now

When exactly do we get paid off?

Anyone?

Bueller?

still waiting for mine too..but hey, if Playboy says they are fake....:badgrin:

Last edited:

The short answer to that is "Who died and made you my 10th grade civics teacher?"

"Personal liberty" is the Pavlov dog whistle that the Koch's are blowing to get the support they need from the rest of the party. Same for 'free enterprise.' Too bad they don't actually mean it. And crony capitalism is the truth of the whole thing, but we're not supposed to notice that.

Oh yes, we're all sitting here waiting for the Koch's to tell us what move to make next. We're all mindless robots who can't think for ourselves and see what's happening. Oh yes.

Your team failed and your leader is failing. Blaming everyone on the winning team because your team failed is kinda childish.

Last edited:

THIS is your support of your claim that Tea Partiers "conflate crony capitalism with free enterprise, and free enterprise with personal liberty"?

Oh my goodness, that is the most monumental FAIL I've yet seen on this board. I usually say at this point "Want to try again?" but you should really just keep quiet at this point. You're embarrassing yourself.

So torn ... tease BD about how I got my check from the Koch brothers after we beat the Walker recall or tease CG for plagiarism.

What to do ... what to do .....

:D

Oh yes, we're all sitting here waiting for the Koch's to tell us what move to make next. We're all mindless robots who can't think for ourselves and see what's happening. Oh yes.

Your team failed and your leader is failing. Blaming everyone on the winning team because your team failed is kinda childish.

Koch funding the TEA party... bad.

Soros funneling millions into rabid left wing organizations.... good.

The double standards of the left exposed. Again.

Also... there is the small matter that the TEA Party has been going looooong before the Koch Bros started throwing money into the cause.

Forum List

Back