Tea party’ conservatives prep for 2010 elections

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
The strategy poses both an opportunity and a risk for the beleaguered Republican Party, which is seeking to take advantage of conservative discontent while still fielding candidates who appeal to independent voters. Fundraising efforts are just beginning, but tea party activists have already inspired serious challenges to establishment GOP Senate candidates Carly Fiorina in California and Charlie Crist in Florida; a similar insurgency in last month's House race in New York splintered local Republicans, leading to a Democratic victory

‘Tea party’ movement preps for 2010 vote - Washington Post- msnbc.com

I have my own opinion, but please discuss...

The strategy poses both an opportunity and a risk for the beleaguered Republican Party, which is seeking to take advantage of conservative discontent while still fielding candidates who appeal to independent voters. Fundraising efforts are just beginning, but tea party activists have already inspired serious challenges to establishment GOP Senate candidates Carly Fiorina in California and Charlie Crist in Florida; a similar insurgency in last month's House race in New York splintered local Republicans, leading to a Democratic victory

I like it. I'm not sure that Crist has a chance anymore, but with the teapartiers splitting the Republican vote it will certainly make things interesting in the Florida governor's race.

The Tea Party crowd isn't anywhere near all republican.

DNCNBC really needs to lay off the Kook-Aid, get out of their ivory towers and venture into flyover country.

Slow down Dude....I wanted your opinion on the Tea Party strategy. All I have seen them accompliishing so far, is weakening the GOP by splitting the GOP into smaller groups who do not agree with each other's views. Meanwhile, the majority of Independent voters still see the Tea Party movement as fringe.

DNCNBC really needs to lay off the Kook-Aid, get out of their ivory towers and venture into flyover country.

Slow down Dude....I wanted your opinion on the Tea Party strategy. All I have seen them accompliishing so far, is weakening the GOP by splitting the GOP into smaller groups who do not agree with each other's views. Meanwhile, the majority of Independent voters still see the Tea Party movement as fringe.
"Majority of independent voters" as defined and polled by whom?

If anyone is responsible for weakening the GOP, it's squishy sellout media whores like Juan McQuisling.

My opinion is that you have a very unhealthy obsession with Sarah Palin.

Define "unhealthy".
Disagreeing with her on anything, even about her favorite sports team. Criticizing her on anything.

Remember, Palin is THE CHOSEN ONE! for the GOP side.

And yet the RUSHpublicans (not REpublicans) have the nerve to talk about Obama being a "Chosen One," while hypocritically treating Palin as if she's about to kick God off His Throne for ultra perfection.

Who are the Democrats in Freedomworks, or the Club for Growth?
Could you at least try to ask a sensible question, that doesn't presume a completely either/or Hegelian world? :rolleyes:

Define "unhealthy".
Disagreeing with her on anything, even about her favorite sports team. Criticizing her on anything.

And yet the RUSHpublicans (not REpublicans) have the nerve to talk about Obama being a "Chosen One," while hypocritically treating Palin as if she's about to kick God off His Throne for ultra perfection.
Or having an obviously photoshopped pic of her in your avie. :lol:

Teapartiers are not the types that would vote for a Democratic candidate. Therefore they are part of the Republican base even if they pretend to be independent.

I like it. I'm not sure that Crist has a chance anymore, but with the teapartiers splitting the Republican vote it will certainly make things interesting in the Florida governor's race.

They are not splitting the vote, in fact, alot of moderate conservative democrats and independents are joining the tea partiers. :lol:

They are not splitting the vote, in fact, alot of moderate conservative democrats and independents are joining the tea partiers. :lol:

Oh my yes! A LOT!!!! 2 million!!!!

Define "unhealthy".

She ran as a Republican but she is a conservative and there is a whole lot of thinking out in the real country that a 3rd party could form from the tea party's. When you consider that congress has only a 20% approval rating and Obama is tanking, it's quite a possibility that a 3rd conservative party could sweep this nation.

A little sexist man, with a teeny weeny brain, with the picture of Palin that's been photo shopped. What are you doing with that picture when your hands are not on the keyboard, Ya Yank, maybe you are yanking off? Is your key board getting a little sticky??.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Define "unhealthy".

She ran as a Republican but she is a conservative and there is a whole lot of thinking out in the real country that a 3rd party could form from the tea party's. When you consider that congress has only a 20% approval rating and Obama is tanking, it's quite a possibility that a 3rd conservative party could sweep this nation.

You DO know how well 3rd party candidiates have done in the past, right?

A little sexist man, with a teeny wheeny brain, with the picture of Palin that's been photo shopped. What are you doing with that picture when your hands are not on the keyboard, Ya Yank, maybe you are yanking off.:lol::lol::lol:
The only reason Palin-ites are so enamored with her is because she's a good whack-off session for them.

A little sexist man, with a teeny weeny brain, with the picture of Palin that's been photo shopped. What are you doing with that picture when your hands are not on the keyboard, Ya Yank, maybe you are yanking off? Is your key board getting a little sticky??.:lol::lol::lol:

If you can't keep your sexual fantasies to yourself, I will be forced to report you.

You DO know how well 3rd party candidiates have done in the past, right?
Not to give any positive vibes to Palin, but Ross Perot got a significant amount of votes to be included in the list along with Papi Bush and Slick Willy.

He wasn't the typical 3%-er.

I don't doubt for a second that a 3rd Party might be a force to be reckoned with one day; it's just when that's the question.

Forum List

Back