Taxes for Thee; But Not for Me - John Kerry's Yacht

and some fool like you has went over the edge: Candidate for state treasurer Karyn Polito said in a statement that an investigation to should be undertaken:

"In the interest of fairness to all taxpayers, and in order to collect the revenue it may be owed, the state Department of Revenue should undertake an immediate investigation of whether Senator Kerry sought to avoid the payment of Massachusetts sales and excise taxes in the purchase of his boat, 'Isabel.' No person is above the law. For people to have confidence that the law is being applied equally, they need to be reassured that Senator Kerry is not receiving favorable treatment."

---

how the fuck could this be considered receiving favorable treatment? is this polito woman a tea party whacko?
i'd say no

For example, Karyn has been a leading advocate in this state for the passage of Jessica's Law, a bill which would establish tough mandatory minimum sentences for child sex offenders. Her advocacy paid off in 2008, when she was able to convince her Democratic colleagues to pass tougher sentencing legislation and to require District Attorneys to file more comprehensive reports about child sex offenses in Massachusetts.
http://www.karynpolito.com/about.htm

:eusa_shhh:

could you please explain how this makes her an unlikely tea party whacko?

and some fool like you has went over the edge: Candidate for state treasurer Karyn Polito said in a statement that an investigation to should be undertaken:

"In the interest of fairness to all taxpayers, and in order to collect the revenue it may be owed, the state Department of Revenue should undertake an immediate investigation of whether Senator Kerry sought to avoid the payment of Massachusetts sales and excise taxes in the purchase of his boat, 'Isabel.' No person is above the law. For people to have confidence that the law is being applied equally, they need to be reassured that Senator Kerry is not receiving favorable treatment."

---

how the fuck could this be considered receiving favorable treatment? is this polito woman a tea party whacko?
i'd say no

For example, Karyn has been a leading advocate in this state for the passage of Jessica's Law, a bill which would establish tough mandatory minimum sentences for child sex offenders. Her advocacy paid off in 2008, when she was able to convince her Democratic colleagues to pass tougher sentencing legislation and to require District Attorneys to file more comprehensive reports about child sex offenses in Massachusetts.

democrat

oops, sorry, my mistake, shes a republican
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Karyn_Polito

Last edited:
The more you "tax the rich", the harder their accountants fight to avoid those taxes...

110% accurate. The crux is, does it hurt the Nation or help it.....these "maneuvers"

It shines a light on the folly known as "taxing the rich"...

Well, not really. In-that - - if you presume that the Rich are so savy as to have-been maneuvering "around" these taxes, how can you substantively show that these taxes do not help a nation if "fool proofed?"

And don't worry, I don't think that that's possible.

what causes movement disorders!!! she hasnt even been out of the state! maybe shes lying!

Last edited:
when Kerry votes to raise taxes he votes to raise his own.

he and his wife, unlike conservative wealthy types, do not mind paying more. this is a bogus issue, because it skirts the fact that Kerry votes to raise his own taxes.

---

A Kerry spokesman said the boat is being kept at Newport Shipyard not to evade taxes, but for "long-term maintenance, upkeep and charter purposes."

“The boat was designed by and purchased from a company in Rhode Island, and it’s based in Newport at the Newport Shipyard for long-term maintenance, upkeep and charter purposes, not tax reasons.”

---

i'd say no

democrat

reading and comprehension not your strong point?

:lol:
Polito is her name, and politics is her game.

She is Karyn Polito, a 43-year-old married mother of two from Shrewsbury who is running for state treasurer. She is a lawyer and a businesswoman. She is a member of the Massachusetts Legislature.

She is also a Republican and, as such, is a long-shot candidate for the job in a heavily Democratic state, but so was Scott Brown, and everybody saw what he accomplished.

Read more: GOP treasurer hopeful Karyn Polito is out to break up 'status quo' - Sentinel & Enterprise

Polito has attended tea-party rallies and is something of a kindred spirit.

Read more: GOP treasurer hopeful Karyn Polito is out to break up 'status quo' - Sentinel & Enterprise

:lol::lol::lol:

My dick is Republican in that it pulls its own weight. My dick is a Democrat in that it provides for the needy.

110% accurate. The crux is, does it hurt the Nation or help it.....these "maneuvers"

Well, not really. In-that - - if you presume that the Rich are so savy as to have-been maneuvering "around" these taxes, how can you substantively show that these taxes do not help a nation if "fool proofed?"

Yes, really...

"Let's tax the rich" sounds good to the unwashed masses during election season, but the rich can afford to pay to avoid more and more taxes...

I suppose you can say it helps line the pockets of the CPA's if you want... But, hell - they're rich too, aren't they?....

Yes, really...

"Let's tax the rich" sounds good to the unwashed masses during election season, but the rich can afford to pay to avoid more and more taxes...

I suppose you can say it helps line the pockets of the CPA's if you want... But, hell - they're rich too, aren't they?....

You basically missed my point, but I'm in the middle of house reruns also, hence my post following the one you quoted:tongue:

Opinions are like ass holes................they're pink, brown, dirty, green, wet, and smelly?

all my posts on or before 12:01 -- and your edit was actually at 12:02

yep, reading and comprehension is truly your strong point.
then how the fuck did you manage to get MY edit IN your pathetic thread
MORON

dearest dipshit, there are 2 posts of yours in one post of min e...

An Exchange with DiveCon? Priceless!:lol:

reading and comprehension not your strong point?

actually it is
but clearly it isnt YOURS

sorry, my mistake
her site didnt actually say, but i took it to say she was a dem, but she isnt
Karyn Polito - Ballotpedia

wingnut power on display. it takes a beating and keeps on ticking...

actually it is
but clearly it isnt YOURS

priceless.

there are 2, one is before your edit and the other is after. I do work with more than one broswer window open.

like I said, the other thread was started before you edited your post

Forum List

Back