Kerry On !

Valerie

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2008
Senator Kerry evades his own state taxes. :eusa_clap:

WEYMOUTH, Mass. — Sen. John Kerry says he is docking his family's new $7 million yacht in Rhode Island so it could have work done before moving it to Massachusetts to be available for charters.

The Massachusetts Democrat spoke to reporters Monday after an event at the former South Weymouth Air Station.

Kerry has come under fire in recent days for docking the 76-foot, New Zealand-built sloop in neighboring Rhode Island, saving roughly $500,000 in Bay State taxes.

If the "Isabel" were docked at the couple's summer vacation home on Nantucket, Kerry's family would be liable for $437,500 in one-time sales tax. They'd also have to pay $70,000 in annual excise taxes.

The Associated Press: Kerry: Yacht in RI for work, will come to Mass.

peeguy.gif
John Kerry

First off, I really have no sympathy for big government Liberals who evade their taxes. Especially that s.o.b. John "F'ing" Kerry.

BUT:

Why should anyone have to pay such high taxes and "annual excise fees" (taxes) on such a thing? Is it simply because they're rich and people think "they can afford it"?

Sounds like class envy and a lousy excuse for governments, state and local, to rip people off.

First off, I really have no sympathy for big government Liberals who evade their taxes. Especially that s.o.b. John "F'ing" Kerry.

BUT:

Why should anyone have to pay such high taxes and "annual excise fees" (taxes) on such a thing? Is it simply because they're rich and people think "they can afford it"?

Sounds like class envy and a lousy excuse for governments, state and local, to rip people off.

You are right and the same goes for ending tax breaks for the rich. The whole wealth envy discussion is wrong.

I hate Kerry as much as the next guy. BUT.
That would most definitely be taxation without representation.
I would have done the same thing.
Fuck the revenuers.

Kerry is avoiding taxes not evading taxes. Avoiding taxes is legal. Evading taxes isn't.

I was wondering when some R posters were going to stand up for their tax cut for the rich stance even though it would mean siding with Kerry.

I heard a senator on cable news the other night referring to ending the tax cuts for the rich as tax hikes. He did it at least 5 times during the interview. Poor thing.

Fuck the revenuers.

Kerry is a MA resident. MA has a state legislature which has imposed taxes. Where's the "taxation without representation?"

Kerry is avoiding taxes not evading taxes. Avoiding taxes is legal. Evading taxes isn't.

I was wondering when some R posters were going to stand up for their tax cut for the rich stance even though it would mean siding with Kerry.

I heard a senator on cable news the other night referring to ending the tax cuts for the rich as tax hikes. He did it at least 5 times during the interview. Poor thing.

They're more interested in partisan politics than the principle. Ultimately, that's the reason we're in such trouble. Republicans will do anything for their party and nothing for their country.

You're right he's not doing anything illegal, he's just being an out-of-touch weasel.

If he really believes paying luxury taxes is the right thing for his constituents in the "Commonwealth" why doesn't he step up and do it for the children! His state could certainly use the revenue!

With clenched jaw and perched lips he responds, "Let's not get silly" and "It depends on who ooowns the boat"

Oh yeah his wife Theresa is not a state resident... :doubt:

No, but there's a smell of hypocrisy. In addition to sailing around the tax issue, Mr. Kerry chose to build his boat in New Zealand at a time when Bay State boat builders are having trouble keeping their work force employed. "I'm confident that anything constructed in New Zealand could be constructed here in the state," Gregory Egan, who owns the Crosby Yacht Yard in Osterville, told the Boston Herald. Others noted that the Isabel was specially designed to be piloted without a crew -- letting Mr. Kerry scrimp on employment costs and payroll taxes.

It sounds like a perfect storm of political controversy for Mr. Kerry. The senator is the main sponsor of a bill that would squeeze U.S. lifestyles by cutting back on carbon emissions. At the same time, he has decided to treat himself to a new yacht, built overseas and carefully berthed outside the state he represents. Mr. Kerry is lucky he isn't up for re-election this year. An opponent anywhere near as serious as Scott Brown, Mr. Kerry's new GOP colleague, could have given him electoral heartburn.

John Kerry - A One-Man 'Benedict Arnold' Corporation - WSJ.com

They're more interested in partisan politics than the principle. Ultimately, that's the reason we're in such trouble. Republicans will do anything for their party and nothing for their country.

I agree with a majority of this post. The only thing I'd change is "Politicians will do anything for their party and nothing for their country."

:lol:

This is the most amusing story of the summer, by far. Great work, Inside Track. You can tell how devastating it is by the way the Globe is giving it a good leaving-alone, with wire copy. Yes, the Globe, the same dying broadsheet that railed for days about how two small-fry pols named Christy Mihos and Jack E. Robinson were trying to avoid paying their, uh, fair share of taxes on boats that were basically dinghies, at least compared to the Botched Joke.

Of course the difference was Mihos and Robinson were Republicans. Liveshot is one of the Beautiful People. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Filthy-rich Democrats refusing to pay their taxes isn’t news. Just ask Charlie Rangel, or Tim Geithner, or Tom Daschle.

Do as I say, not as I do. Taxes for thee but not for me. Just like when the Kennedys were allowed to file Rose’s will for probate in low-tax Florida, even though she hadn’t left Massachusetts for the last 12 years of her life.

John Kerry was for higher taxes before he was against them.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view/20100725liveshot_swift-boated_again/

If he really believes paying luxury taxes is the right thing for his constituents in the "Commonwealth" why doesn't he step up and do it for the children! His state could certainly use the revenue!
Heza murkin. Let the little bastards marry into their own millions !

BUT:

It's people just like JOhn Effing Kerry who passed those high taxes, trouble is they think someone else should pay and not themselves, biggest assed hypocrites in the world. remember that blubber ass Kennedy wanted "green" energy but not in his water! Asswipes.

You're right he's not doing anything illegal, he's just being an out-of-touch weasel.

With clenched jaw and perched lips he responds, "Let's not get silly" and "It depends on who ooowns the boat"

Oh yeah his wife Theresa is not a state resident... :doubt:

You've raised an interesting point. On one level, Kerry should do anything he can to achieve what he says he believes. He should have had the boat built in the US to employ Americans and he should dock it in MA so he can generate revenue for the state. On another level, however, as a policy-maker, he may be doing some good illustrating the effect of the current tax laws by arranging his affairs to avoid taxes. After all, even if Kerry gave all his money to MA, he wouldn't materially affect the financial condition of the state. However, if he makes himself an example, he may actually cause political opinion to shift.

Fuck the revenuers.

Kerry is a MA resident. MA has a state legislature which has imposed taxes. Where's the "taxation without representation?"

You mean like Obama didn't even win the Democratic primary, it was stolen for him for representatives voting against the wills of their constituents? THAT kind of representation?

I see you haven't gotten any smarter over the years.

Forum List

Back