Tax Cuts Steal Democracy

BTW their was a demand in the old Soviet Union...but no supply..

Why was that?

Again the Soviet Union had a huge demand..no supply

gorbachev-ocheredi-e1447403037751.jpg

The Great Depression didn't happen because stocks went up.
The Great Depression didn't happen because stocks went down.

LOL!

That doesn't mean you get to point to slow growth at old tax rates to prove anything about new tax rates.

??? The slow growth happened immediately after the Bush Tax Cuts were passed in 2001. So using the Conservative rhetoric of business looking ahead, forecasting tax rates and adjusting their behavior thus, would seem to indicate that businesses knew this tax cut was a sham...hence the poor growth for 2001 and 2002.

So the economic growth for 2003 was attributed to the housing market, which Bush was attributing to his tax cuts. Ergo, the inevitable collapse of that housing market was a result of the tax cuts which caused the housing market to grow in the first place. So the growth during Bush is attributed to the housing bubble produced by the tax cuts, that would eventually pop and crater the economy. So tax cuts cratered the economy. Which is what they do in addition to manufacturing deficits we were promised would disappear because "tax cuts pay for themselves", right?

I know, blaming shrinking tax revenues on something besides the bubble collapse. Weak excuse.

The dotcom bubble collapsed in 2000. The recession in 2001 ended by November of that year. GDP growth for 2001 was still positive. So what's the excuse for two consecutive years (really more if you remove the housing bubble from the economy) of shitty growth? We were sold the promise that tax cuts "pay for themselves" and create all this growth that we'd be so awash in revenues, we wouldn't know what to do with them. If you're now saying that tax cuts do not pay for themselves, then that completely undermines your argument that they create growth. If they did create growth, then they would pay for themselves. But they don't. So here we are...

That time, it was because of Capital Gains Tax Cuts. Interesting theory. Tell me more!

Just open the link and read the study for yourself. Or go to Business Insider's link that summarizes it. Here's what those researchers say (since I know you're too lazy to open links):

We infer from the findings in this study that the volatility left, after controlling for every known determinant, reflects the influence of the 1997 capital gains tax rate cut. Stock return volatility was substantially greater after 1997. Furthermore, firms most affected by the rate reduction showed the greatest change in volatility. Specifically, non-dividend paying firms had a greater increase in volatility than dividend-paying firms and firms with large unrealized capital losses experienced a greater increase in volatility than firms with small unrealized losses.

In short, the NYU Study showed the Capital Gains Tax Cut was the reason for the stock volatility that would culminate in the 2000 bubble pop. So if we hadn't cut taxes, there would most likely not have been a dotcom bubble.

Because they have an invention ... maybe...to make money

But if no one has any money to spend, then what's the point of giving suppliers a tax break? This is the part of the equation that always flummoxes Conservatives. They're missing a step in the process.

Just look at the bottle water industry...When it came out I thought it was a joke and thought who the hell would pay for a buck water at the convince store.I laughed my ass off..

And then look at what happened to water quality as a result...Flint, MI.

But if no one has any money to spend, then what's the point of giving suppliers a tax break?

If no one has any money to spend, now, why do you feel Obama did an awesome job?

And then look at what happened to water quality as a result...Flint, MI

Flint was caused by bottled water?

If you get a chance, please list all your current medications.
I fear you have a drug interaction that is cutting your IQ in half. And you had none to spare to begin with.

He doesn't even know bottled water comes from spigets across the USA ..he bought into the marketing scam it comes from fresh mountain streams..

See sales, again you can sell ice to a Eskimo.

Because they have an invention ... maybe...to make money

But if no one has any money to spend, then what's the point of giving suppliers a tax break? This is the part of the equation that always flummoxes Conservatives. They're missing a step in the process.

Just look at the bottle water industry...When it came out I thought it was a joke and thought who the hell would pay for a buck water at the convince store.I laughed my ass off..

And then look at what happened to water quality as a result...Flint, MI.
That's easy. Taxes are an expense to a producer. Thus, when you cut a producer's taxes, you reduce his expenses, and all else being equal, increase his profits. This can cause him to pocket the increased profits or use them to reduce prices to make him more competitive. indeed, a producer who kept increased profits while competitors lowered prices is foolish. Lower prices increase demand. Problem solved.

The Great Depression didn't happen because stocks went up.
The Great Depression didn't happen because stocks went down.

LOL!

That doesn't mean you get to point to slow growth at old tax rates to prove anything about new tax rates.

??? The slow growth happened immediately after the Bush Tax Cuts were passed in 2001. So using the Conservative rhetoric of business looking ahead, forecasting tax rates and adjusting their behavior thus, would seem to indicate that businesses knew this tax cut was a sham...hence the poor growth for 2001 and 2002.

So the economic growth for 2003 was attributed to the housing market, which Bush was attributing to his tax cuts. Ergo, the inevitable collapse of that housing market was a result of the tax cuts which caused the housing market to grow in the first place. So the growth during Bush is attributed to the housing bubble produced by the tax cuts, that would eventually pop and crater the economy. So tax cuts cratered the economy. Which is what they do in addition to manufacturing deficits we were promised would disappear because "tax cuts pay for themselves", right?

I know, blaming shrinking tax revenues on something besides the bubble collapse. Weak excuse.

The dotcom bubble collapsed in 2000. The recession in 2001 ended by November of that year. GDP growth for 2001 was still positive. So what's the excuse for two consecutive years (really more if you remove the housing bubble from the economy) of shitty growth? We were sold the promise that tax cuts "pay for themselves" and create all this growth that we'd be so awash in revenues, we wouldn't know what to do with them. If you're now saying that tax cuts do not pay for themselves, then that completely undermines your argument that they create growth. If they did create growth, then they would pay for themselves. But they don't. So here we are...

That time, it was because of Capital Gains Tax Cuts. Interesting theory. Tell me more!

Just open the link and read the study for yourself. Or go to Business Insider's link that summarizes it. Here's what those researchers say (since I know you're too lazy to open links):

We infer from the findings in this study that the volatility left, after controlling for every known determinant, reflects the influence of the 1997 capital gains tax rate cut. Stock return volatility was substantially greater after 1997. Furthermore, firms most affected by the rate reduction showed the greatest change in volatility. Specifically, non-dividend paying firms had a greater increase in volatility than dividend-paying firms and firms with large unrealized capital losses experienced a greater increase in volatility than firms with small unrealized losses.

In short, the NYU Study showed the Capital Gains Tax Cut was the reason for the stock volatility that would culminate in the 2000 bubble pop. So if we hadn't cut taxes, there would most likely not have been a dotcom bubble.

So why did Obama make like 80% of bush tax cuts permeant?.

He wanted to grow the economy...

That's easy. Taxes are an expense to a producer. Thus, when you cut a producer's taxes, you reduce his expenses, and all else being equal, increase his profits. This can cause him to pocket the increased profits or use them to reduce prices to make him more competitive. indeed, a producer who kept increased profits while competitors lowered prices is foolish. Lower prices increase demand. Problem solved.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Income taxes are not an expense. You pay income taxes on profits, not revenues. And you only pay income taxes if your revenues are greater than your expenses.

If no one has any money to spend, now, why do you feel Obama did an awesome job?

I never said he did or didn't. What I've said is that Conservatives undermined economic recovery for political purposes. The states that embraced Obama did better than those who didn't. And we can see that play out in Kansas right now.

BTW - Q1 GDP growth for 2017 was just 0.7%. So demand isn't there, despite Trump being in office and the Conservatives controlling DC.

Flint was caused by bottled water?
If you get a chance, please list all your current medications.
I fear you have a drug interaction that is cutting your IQ in half. And you had none to spare to begin with.

Conservatives sought to push people to the private sector by deliberately undermining public works. They're now trying to give Nestle water in Michigan that would otherwise go to citizens.

Health care is not a right...They have the information /science today to eat healthy , exercise and the products to do so....

What a load of crap. A lot of chronic conditions are hereditary. So you can be as healthy as possible and still end up with cancer because of the genetic history of your family.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Income taxes are not an expense. You pay income taxes on profits, not revenues. And you only pay income taxes if your revenues are greater than your expenses.
Taxes reduce profits. In order to maintain a certain level of profits, a company must maintain a certain level of pricing. Increase profit, and you give the owner additional revenue to re-invest in his company, pay higher dividends for elderly stockholders, hire more workers, or lower prices to drive more demand build his business. Keep taxes high, and you just increase motivation to hide profits and shield them from taxation. It's as if pro-taxers never account for human behavior.

Forum List

Back