Tax cuts for business are stupid

First of all, corporate income tax is on profits.

If a company is in trouble & struggling, it is not paying income tax so therefore a tax cut does nothing. It only helps companies making a profit. The rates are graduated so if the corp s paying that top rate, it is doing well & does not need a tax cut.

Expanding & hiring is already tax deductible. Corporate tax rates have no effect on this.

Companies hire when they have demand for their product & need help to produce that product. Cutting corporate taxes does not increase that denmad. Cutting tax for people who will spend it increases that demand.

A lower Corporate income tax could lower their investment in buildings, machinery & labor. Say they are thinking about spending 10 million dollars on tax deductible expenditures. Currently, they know that by spending that 10 million, they save paying that 35% on taxes & thereby that 10 million is really 6.5 million. With the new 20% rate, spending that 10 million will really be 8 million. Less incentive with the lower rate.

Every time there talk of increasing corporate taxes, a band of morons runs in circles screaming how corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do & thereby we will end up paying more. So if this new 20% rate kicks in, when should we expect all rices to drop?

Republicans know cutting the corp rate does not create jobs. Trump is too stupid to know it. And most Republicans will try to argue with me. I am right.

A lower Corporate income tax could lower their investment in buildings, machinery & labor. Say they are thinking about spending 10 million dollars on tax deductible expenditures. Currently, they know that by spending that 10 million, they save paying that 35% on taxes & thereby that 10 million is really 6.5 million. With the new 20% rate, spending that 10 million will really be 8 million. Less incentive with the lower rate.

A lower Corporate income tax could raise their investment in buildings, machinery & labor. Say they are thinking about spending 10 million dollars on tax deductible expenditures.

They're projecting $1 million in annual pre-tax profits. Are they more likely to make the investment if they can keep $650,000 a year......or if they can keep $800,000 a year?

Every time there talk of increasing corporate taxes, a band of morons runs in circles screaming how corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do & thereby we will end up paying more.

The tax increase is paid in the form of higher prices, lower income for employees and lower dividends for owners.

Republicans know cutting the corp rate does not create jobs.

So why do liberals constantly whine about inversions?

So, your advice would be not make any major purchases until the corp tax rate is lowered because the pricing will drop.

What purchase are you planning?

Any products over $50 bucks. I'm waiting for the big price knock down. Aren't you?

Actually, the OP is sort of correct. Corporate/business tax cuts are stupid.

But not in the way he thinks. Business taxes are stupid. Businesses don't pay taxes, even if they write a check to the IRS. Business taxes are rolled into the cost of doing business. If costs go up, so do prices. The customers are the ones paying these business taxes. It just gives the politicians something to crow about.
You would think by now, the GOP can come up with something different, something new, other than this constant need to flow with trickle down bullshit....the market is at an all time high.....has anyone's wages increased? Are you getting a kick ass bonus this year? Say yes to any of this proves they don't need a tax cut...say no, as will 99% of the working class in this country...proves also, that a tax cut is not needed.

and yet i see nothing from you countering what he is saying....

Yep! You did not offer anything!

Maybe next time you should!
i wasnt the one saying he was clueless was i?....that was you,so like i said,i dont see you showing us how knowledgeable you are on the subject.......

And once again maybe you should follow your own advice. But why do that when you can just carry on with your personal grudge!

I love living rent free, but it seems that you would allow more time to get the place furnished. Well that may be impossible as there is a lot of space here and it may take 60+ years to furnish this place!

All I did was show that the OP is a far left drone and I was correct!

But thanks for pointing that the OP is also clueless, just like you!
no you said he was clueless about what he was talking about,but when asked to prove what you know about the subject,you danced like the little drone you are and proved you know nothing about the subject yourself.....just more kosh talk.....wow was i surprised...

AS always you are wrong, here my words:

Another far left drone that proves they do not understand anything in reality.

They just run these debunked religious narratives.

Seriously you can not make this stuff up!

Once again reality Trumps personal vendettas.

Now admit you were wrong and this about your personal vendetta and nothing else!
wrong again as usual.....you said he does not understand anything in reality....meaning he is clueless,right?....so you must know about the subject matter,right?....i asked you to show what you know about this,instead of showing what you know you just showed how clueless you are by doing your usual kosh talk,which is code for...."hey im just a right wing drone,i dont know anything"....and a vendetta?...you mean if someone has the gall and audacity to question your bullshit...its a vendetta?....you had better have your programmer program in the meaning of the word....once again more kosh talk....

Yep! You did not offer anything!

Maybe next time you should!
i wasnt the one saying he was clueless was i?....that was you,so like i said,i dont see you showing us how knowledgeable you are on the subject.......

And once again maybe you should follow your own advice. But why do that when you can just carry on with your personal grudge!

I love living rent free, but it seems that you would allow more time to get the place furnished. Well that may be impossible as there is a lot of space here and it may take 60+ years to furnish this place!

no you said he was clueless about what he was talking about,but when asked to prove what you know about the subject,you danced like the little drone you are and proved you know nothing about the subject yourself.....just more kosh talk.....wow was i surprised...

Now admit you were wrong and this about your personal vendetta and nothing else!
wrong again as usual.....you said he does not understand anything in reality....meaning he is clueless,right?....so you must know about the subject matter,right?....i asked you to show what you know about this,instead of showing what you know you just showed how clueless you are by doing your usual kosh talk,which is code for...."hey im just a right wing drone,i dont know anything"....and a vendetta?...you mean if someone has the gall and audacity to question your bullshit...its a vendetta?....you had better have your programmer program in the meaning of the word....once again more kosh talk....

No you said he was clueless and I agreed with you..

However never let a good personal vendetta go to waste!

So based on your postings you believe that the OP has a clue..

Well that of course is false, but you keep thinking that!

can you post were i said he was clueless?....thanks....now i did say you were....and so far since all i get is the usual kosh song and dance,i must be right....

can you post were i said he was clueless?....thanks....now i did say you were....and so far since all i get is the usual kosh song and dance,i must be right....

So you believe that the OP has a clue..

WOW you personal vendetta really does blind you, time to let go of you hatred. Yes I mocked and sent you to the burn unit. But maybe you should learn to let things go..

Although I now have more room for furniture!

So if you have anything else to prove that the OP has a clue, please provide it!

WOW you personal vendetta really does blind you, time to let go of you hatred. Yes I mocked and sent you to the burn unit. But maybe you should learn to let things go..

So if you have anything else to prove that the OP has a clue, please provide it!
kosh your programmers should teach you how to read and back up your bullshit....i asked you to show were i said dave was clueless...no response yet just more dancing....now were did i say that he has a clue?....i asked him for his business background and he gave it to me....i asked you for yours too...so far just more dancing...burn unit me?....did they tell you to say that in the programming unit you were in?...and like i said earlier chump,learn what a vendetta is.....

kosh your programmers should teach you how to read and back up your bullshit....i asked you to show were i said dave was clueless...no response yet just more dancing....now were did i say that he has a clue?....i asked him for his business background and he gave it to me....i asked you for yours too...so far just more dancing...burn unit me?....did they tell you to say that in the programming unit you were in?...and like i said earlier chump,learn what a vendetta is.....

You see how a personal vendetta will blind you?

A perfect example of the scum from the USMB basement and their mentality.

See when you ask them to prove their comments they just attack base don being flamed really good many years ago!

So you have any proof that the OP has a clue?

I'm not anti-regulation and see it as fair to treat the expenses a business spends to satisfy regulation as a sort of in-lieu tax. In another post elsewhere I supported only taxing what corporations spent on influencing politicians and government.

First of all, corporate income tax is on profits.

If a company is in trouble & struggling, it is not paying income tax so therefore a tax cut does nothing. It only helps companies making a profit. The rates are graduated so if the corp s paying that top rate, it is doing well & does not need a tax cut.

Expanding & hiring is already tax deductible. Corporate tax rates have no effect on this.

Companies hire when they have demand for their product & need help to produce that product. Cutting corporate taxes does not increase that denmad. Cutting tax for people who will spend it increases that demand.

Every time there talk of increasing corporate taxes, a band of morons runs in circles screaming how corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do & thereby we will end up paying more. So if this new 20% rate kicks in, when should we expect all rices to drop?

Republicans know cutting the corp rate does not create jobs. Trump is too stupid to know it. And most Republicans will try to argue with me. I am right.

A lower Corporate income tax could raise their investment in buildings, machinery & labor. Say they are thinking about spending 10 million dollars on tax deductible expenditures.

They're projecting $1 million in annual pre-tax profits. Are they more likely to make the investment if they can keep $650,000 a year......or if they can keep $800,000 a year?

Every time there talk of increasing corporate taxes, a band of morons runs in circles screaming how corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do & thereby we will end up paying more.

The tax increase is paid in the form of higher prices, lower income for employees and lower dividends for owners.

Republicans know cutting the corp rate does not create jobs.

So why do liberals constantly whine about inversions?

So, your advice would be not make any major purchases until the corp tax rate is lowered because the pricing will drop.

What purchase are you planning?

Any products over $50 bucks. I'm waiting for the big price knock down. Aren't you?

It's more likely that dividends will increase.
And if more businesses are formed or moved here, higher employment and increased competition.

But not in the way he thinks. Business taxes are stupid. Businesses don't pay taxes, even if they write a check to the IRS. Business taxes are rolled into the cost of doing business. If costs go up, so do prices. The customers are the ones paying these business taxes. It just gives the politicians something to crow about.
You would think by now, the GOP can come up with something different, something new, other than this constant need to flow with trickle down bullshit....the market is at an all time high.....has anyone's wages increased? Are you getting a kick ass bonus this year? Say yes to any of this proves they don't need a tax cut...say no, as will 99% of the working class in this country...proves also, that a tax cut is not needed.

You would think by now, the GOP can come up with something different, something new, other than this constant need to flow with trickle down bullshit

Exactly! Everyone knows the only way to help people is with higher taxes, eh comrade?

.....has anyone's wages increased?

Yes, wages have been increasing.

The Fortune 1000 don't pay 35% on their profits - try an average of under 13%

The 35 Percent Corporate Tax Myth
GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6%

And of course, most of the biggest ones with the most accounts and attorneys pay NOTHING

A Huge Chunk of America's Biggest Companies Pay No Income Tax

As a group, the 258 corporations paid an effective federal income tax rate of 21.2 percent over the eight-year period, slightly over half the statutory 35 percent tax rate.

This is based on the idea that they should owe 35% based on straight line depreciation, and that accelerated depreciation is an unfair break.

Also, that deducting the expense related to employee/officer stock options is unfair.

You see how a personal vendetta will blind you?

A perfect example of the scum from the USMB basement and their mentality.

See when you ask them to prove their comments they just attack base don being flamed really good many years ago!

So you have any proof that the OP has a clue?
speaking of asking to prove their comments?......when are you going to start?....you were asked in the beginning of the thread to back yours up....nothing but dancing so far....get better programmers kosh....

You would think by now, the GOP can come up with something different, something new, other than this constant need to flow with trickle down bullshit

Exactly! Everyone knows the only way to help people is with higher taxes, eh comrade?

How about we tax enough to pay for what is being spent?

Furthermore, not agreeing with a ax cut is not promoting a ax increase. You present a false argument.

I have a thought. Prove me wrong. rgue thev points or just shut the fuck up.

Then let's go back to the way it was, corporations pay near all the taxes, have no individual taxes, but we all are paying through what we buy from the corporations....it is a sales tax of sort???

Furthermore, not agreeing with a ax cut is not promoting a ax increase. You present a false argument.

Instead of taxing enough to pay for what we spend, how about we only spend what we make? I know it is a subtle difference, but should still be the goal.

Instead of taxing enough to pay for what we spend, how about we only spend what we make? I know it is a subtle difference, but should still be the goal.
They decide what to spend & then supposedly try to fund it., Actually, they decide not to fund it.
Every year they look out ten years..."We will balance the budget in ten years". Yet the following year, its not 9 years.

Forum List

Back