Tax cuts are theft

Oddly enough, liberals think it's in everyone's best interests to keep liberals in power.

Why is that odd?

Don't conservatives think it's in everyone's interests to keep conservatives in power?

You say a lot of stupid shit.

Oddly enough, liberals think it's in everyone's best interests to keep liberals in power.

Why is that odd?

Don't conservatives think it's in everyone's interests to keep conservatives in power?
Conservatives think the maximum amount of personal liberty conducive with civilized society is in everyone's best interests.

No wonder you disagree with that.
You say a lot of stupid shit.
Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it stupid. Matter of fact, if you disagree with it, that's pretty much proof it's a sound concept.

Caveman isn't so bad. . . . .

5948DR.jpg

Sorry. Temporary derail. Carry on.

Why is that odd?

Conservatives think the maximum amount of personal liberty conducive with civilized society is in everyone's best interests.

Can't answer a simple question with a straight answer? It's a yes or no - they either do or they don't.

Why is that odd?

Can't answer a simple question with a straight answer? It's a yes or no - they either do or they don't.

Actually it is not a yes and no answer. I think it important to keep a token liberal around as a reminder and warning to the rest of us. :razz:

TAX CUTS ARE THEFT

We, the People built our democracy and the empowerment and protections it bestows. We built the infrastructure, schools and all of the public structures, laws, courts, monetary system, etc. that enable enterprise to prosper. That prosperity is the bounty of our democracy and by contract it is supposed to be shared and reinvested. That is the contract. Our system enables some people to become wealthy but all of us are supposed to benefit from this system. Why else would We, the People have set up this system, if not for the benefit of We, the People?

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/201 ... lification

guess that made clinton a thief....

Why is that odd?

It's a straight answer. If you supported individual liberty you'd understand that.

However...

TAX CUTS ARE THEFT

We, the People built our democracy and the empowerment and protections it bestows. We built the infrastructure, schools and all of the public structures, laws, courts, monetary system, etc. that enable enterprise to prosper. That prosperity is the bounty of our democracy and by contract it is supposed to be shared and reinvested. That is the contract. Our system enables some people to become wealthy but all of us are supposed to benefit from this system. Why else would We, the People have set up this system, if not for the benefit of We, the People?

guess that made clinton a thief....
Clinton? That was different. Somehow. It just was.

Right, USMB lefties?

It is true however, that our Founders set up the system so that the people could benefit but they did not see the benefit as coming from the government. The Federal government was set up to secure the rights of the people so that they would be free to benefit themselves however they were able to do so without infringing on the rights of others.

The Founders had had quite enough of government that decided what freedoms and liberties the people would have or what benefits they could aspire to obtain. The U.S. Constitution is a document giving such power to the people who tell the government what it must and what it cannot do and what it shall have rather than the other way around.

Yes for a long time now there are those in government who are attempting to shift more and more power to themselves as those who crave power are wont to do. And because they have done it in tiny increments, the people have shrugged off each new encroachment of government upon their liberties, opportunites, options, and choices.

We have reached the tipping point I do believe however in which we will bow our necks and say no more and begin reversing that encroachment. Or we will throw up our hands and become just another feudal kingdom with remnants of personal freedoms, but no guarantees of those freedoms.

TAX CUTS ARE THEFT

Wait let me get this right..... Money the Government TAKES from me if returned is me stealing from the Government? I got that right?

Wait let me get this right..... Money the Government TAKES from me if returned is me stealing from the Government? I got that right?

Not unless you are rich and can easily afford to give more back.

"Giving more back" suggests a voluntary act on the part of the citizen. Government forcibly confiscating property is not a volunary act on the part of the citizen and there is nothing in the Constitution suggesting that government has any authority to confiscate more property from one citizen than it does from another. And as nobody knows what obligations or benevolence any citizen might have or give, it should not be the government's business how much anybody has 'left over'. Other than usage fees, a flat tax where everybody pays an equal percentage for the administrative needs of government is the only 'fair tax'. And it would give everybody an equal stake in the government and equal incentive to want the most fair, most equitable, most just, most honest, most competent government possible.

Forum List

Back