Taunton schools rebut report on child's Jesus drawing

I just don't know enough to really make the call either way. I'll wait for a picture showing the kid putting his name above the cross in a way that shows he is identfying himself as jesus.

You make a good point though about asking them to draw a picture about christmas, especially in my state :lol:

Liberal USA, c'mon. :lol:

But the thing is, as soon as $$$ comes involved, I get suspicious.

I hear ya...the guy wasn't asking for money in the TV interview I saw of him tonight...well not in the way depicted in the article from the OP.

What he said is he wants his child put in a different school and the state(taxpayer) to pay for any extra transportation costs.

I just don't know enough to really make the call either way. I'll wait for a picture showing the kid putting his name above the cross in a way that shows he is identfying himself as jesus.

You make a good point though about asking them to draw a picture about christmas, especially in my state :lol:

Liberal USA, c'mon. :lol:

But the thing is, as soon as $$$ comes involved, I get suspicious.

I hear ya...the guy wasn't asking for money in the TV interview I saw of him tonight...well not in the way depicted in the article from the OP.

What he said is he wants his child put in a different school and the state(taxpayer) to pay for any extra transportation costs.

Not an unreasonable request given what's happened........

Yeah, and emotional damages sure to follow.

Well some civil rights group is suing the school on behalf of the family, i forget its name though.

The family hasn't said anything YET about suing for damages

Well some civil rights group is suing the school on behalf of the family, i forget its name though.

The family hasn't said anything YET about suing for damages
Rutherford Institute.

Who to believe is what people are disagreeing on. I dont see his name directly above the image in a way that shows the boy identifying himself as Jesus on the cross anywhere online yet, once i do see that I may be able to say the school acted right...if I dont I think this was a very bad decision.

I find it hard to believe that a public school teacher would be asking kids to draw a christmas picture or any sort of holiday picture. Especially in this day and age.

What makes it difficult for me to believe the father is the fact he's looking for cash. Anytime I see that, those red flags go off in my head.

Why should the kid have to write it out that the pic is of him just to prove to you?

Why would the teacher lie? Is he/she part of the vast Conspiracy to make War on Christmas?

Taunton schools rebut report on child's Jesus drawing - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

TAUNTON -- The story smacked of religious bias during the Christmas season: An elementary school allegedly suspended a second-grader, it went, and required the boy to undergo a psychological evaluation after he drew a picture of Jesus Christ on the cross.

But today, Taunton school officials challenged the account, first reported in the Taunton Daily Gazette and later repeated by the boy's father. The reports have created a media frenzy in this city south of Boston.

Julie Hackett, superintendent of Taunton Public Schools, said the student was never suspended and that neither he nor other students at the Maxham Elementary School were asked by their teacher to sketch something that reminded them of Christmas or any religious holiday, as the newspaper reported and the father suggested.

She said it was unclear whether the boy -- who put his name above his stick-figure portrait of Christ on the cross -- even drew it in school.

"The inaccuracies in the original media story have resulted in a great deal of criticism and scrutiny of the system that is unwarranted," she said.

"It hurts me that they did this to my kid," Chester Johnson, the boy's father, told the Globe. "They can't mess with our religion; they owe us a small lump sum for this.''

Hmmm. Thoughts? :eusa_think:

So much for all that "Christian Bashing."

Thoughts?

Sounds like the Dad wants some extra Christmas cash in his stocking, care of the taxpayers :lol:

(I like the comment in the other thread---dad couldn't afford a balloon ROFL)

Something dad said from the start just didn't make sense. He claimed this was "racism". WTH?

I've watched the videos and read the articles. I'm inclined to believe the school officials. I guess we'll see who's telling the truth soon enough. But it doesn't matter; even if the accusation is false, it will become 'fact' and no amount of evidence otherwise will dissuade those who repeat it.

Forum List

Back