gitmo bad....illinois good

well, lesssseeee,, gitmo detainees,, lived in a country with 115 degree heat, they are presently housed on a Caribbean Island.. Nah! they would not at all be unhappy in Illinois in the dead of winter.. not even! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still planning on detaining some without EVER holding a trial. A change in location, but Amnesty International is already crying foul. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Iraq_Illinois.gif

Still planning on detaining some without EVER holding a trial. A change in location, but Amnesty International is already crying foul. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

What's their current problem? AI?

What's their current problem? AI?

You mean other than AI thinks governments care what AI thinks?

“The only thing that President Obama is doing with this announcement is changing the zip code of Guantánamo,” Tom Parker, Amnesty International USA policy director, said. “The detainees who are currently scheduled to be relocated to Thomson have not been charged with any crime. In seven years, the U.S. government, including the C.I.A. and F.B.I., have not produced any evidence against these individuals that can be taken into a court of law.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/us/16gitmo.html?_r=1&ref=world

ok....explain to me how holding people in gitmo is bad but holding them in the pres homes state is good....

My God people. None of you get it? I don't believe it. How else can Obama make sure that his first official act comes off in time. He did sign the executive order 11 months ago. He's got one month left to get Gitmo closed. And he can't blame it on Bush. He's got to do something......

ok....explain to me how holding people in gitmo is bad but holding them in the pres homes state is good....

Who says either is good or bad

either way, they get due process...as they should..

No.. they should not

They are not and were not American citizens or legal visitors to the US.. and they were not legal soldiers in the employ of a sovereign nation... they do not deserve the rights afforded by our civilian legal sysytem

No.. they should not

They are not and were not American citizens or legal visitors to the US.. and they were not legal soldiers in the employ of a sovereign nation... they do not deserve the rights
afforded by our civilian legal sysytem

Totally agree. This whole thing is just payback to OL'BO's home state. I believe there was a jail in Montana or some Western State that would have filled the bill just as well but of course these dirtbags are going to Ill. Go figure.

Still say Gitmo was the perfect place for these assholes. Just Common sense. Jeeze, I forgot, ain't any of that in DC.

My God people. None of you get it? I don't believe it. How else can Obama make sure that his first official act comes off in time. He did sign the executive order 11 months ago. He's got one month left to get Gitmo closed. And he can't blame it on Bush. He's got to do something......

Gitmo still won't be completely closed - there will still be prisoners left there after these are transferred to IL. Obama is incabaple of accepting responsibility for anything. Sure he could blame Bush - hell, if he were asked whether he sired his children he would say, "Me? Hell no! I inherited them from Bush."

No.. they should not

They are not and were not American citizens or legal visitors to the US.. and they were not legal soldiers in the employ of a sovereign nation... they do not deserve the rights afforded by our civilian legal sysytem

Agreed - very well stated. They should not be transferred to US soil period. It's political payback for the thugs who run IL - particularly Chicago. Obama, in my opinion, is pretty much a Muslim (or Islamic) sympathizer to begin with.

Forum List

Back