Tamir Rice a No-Go. Let the Whining Begin.

Relevance? Curious, can a pellet gun kill? Now can a nerf sponge. Perhaps if swallowed.
I've heard Rice's gun described as a "pellet gun," a "bb-gun" and an "air-soft" replica with the orange toy-identifier removed.

Its a replica Colt 1911. And to the casual viewer who didn't know their guns would be visually indistinguishable from one.

tamir-rice-fake-gun.jpg

But none of the foregoing is relevant to the fact that the caller to Cleveland 911 did in fact say the gun might be a toy and the subject might be a juvenile:

The caller said it was 'probably' a toy but that he didn't know if it was real or not. And that the 'man' was scaring the shit out of people, pointing a gun at a woman's face and others. When he tried to guess his age, his said '20'. But hedged that he could be a juvenile.

Rice stood 5'7 and weighed almost 200 pounds. He wasn't kid sized.

But information about the gun possibly being fake wasn’t mentioned to the officers in the radio call about a young black male with a gun in a park, so inefficiency on the part of Cleveland police commenced right there.

A young black male pointing a gun at people in the park. With the call to cops being given the highest priority.

It continued when the cops who responded to that deficient radio run failed to follow established procedure. They did exactly what they should not have done.

The police and both experts called by the prosecution say otherwise.
The caller did not say toy. He said he wasn't sure if it was a fake or real, but the kid kept scaring people. Taking it from his pants and waving it. And it was the black 911 operator that asked if the person was black or white. The caller didn't offer it up the way you worded it . But don't let facts get in your libturd way.

And I don't believe the operators are police. Just saying get your facts straight.

He said 'probably fake', but that he didn't know if it was real or not.

And the caller said that he was pointing it at 'everybody' and that he'd pointed it at a woman's face.

If you're going to try and correct folks, make sure you actually know what you're talking about.

Did the cop ask the young man to drop the gun?
NO! For the last time! The LEO sitting in the passenger side said: "Put your heads on your head". The fucking thug instead reached for the bulge under his T-shirt instead. When the thug's hand lifted the T-shirt and moved his hand towards the gun in the thug's waistband the LEO shot the thug. Simple as that.

Relevance? Curious, can a pellet gun kill? Now can a nerf sponge. Perhaps if swallowed.
I've heard Rice's gun described as a "pellet gun," a "bb-gun" and an "air-soft" replica with the orange toy-identifier removed.

Its a replica Colt 1911. And to the casual viewer who didn't know their guns would be visually indistinguishable from one.

tamir-rice-fake-gun.jpg

But none of the foregoing is relevant to the fact that the caller to Cleveland 911 did in fact say the gun might be a toy and the subject might be a juvenile:

The caller said it was 'probably' a toy but that he didn't know if it was real or not. And that the 'man' was scaring the shit out of people, pointing a gun at a woman's face and others. When he tried to guess his age, his said '20'. But hedged that he could be a juvenile.

But information about the gun possibly being fake wasn’t mentioned to the officers in the radio call about a young black male with a gun in a park, so inefficiency on the part of Cleveland police commenced right there.

A young black male pointing a gun at people in the park. With the call to cops being given the highest priority.

It continued when the cops who responded to that deficient radio run failed to follow established procedure. They did exactly what they should not have done.

The caller did not say toy. He said he wasn't sure if it was a fake or real, but the kid kept scaring people. Taking it from his pants and waving it. And it was the black 911 operator that asked if the person was black or white. The caller didn't offer it up the way you worded it . But don't let facts get in your libturd way.

And I don't believe the operators are police. Just saying get your facts straight.

And the caller said that he was pointing it at 'everybody' and that he'd pointed it at a woman's face.

If you're going to try and correct folks, make sure you actually know what you're talking about.
No LEO on the planet is going to approach someone with what looks like a gun and assume the gun may not be real. It's irrelevant what anyone claims.

tamir-rice-fake-gun.jpg

No LEO on the planet is going to approach someone with what looks like a gun and assume the gun may not be real. It's irrelevant what anyone claims.

I've never said otherwise. You may have me confused with someone else.

Of course you're right. But assuming or not assuming isn't the issue here. The method of approach is.

Being advised of the possibility that a reported gun might not be real, combined with the fact that no shots have been reported, can aid in evaluating a situation and could help to avoid an unnecessary shooting.

tamir-rice-fake-gun.jpg

I said it correctly, you said he said it was a toy , he didn't asshole

Of course you're right. But assuming or not assuming isn't the issue here. The method of approach is.

Being advised of the possibility that a reported gun might not be real, combined with the fact that no shots have been reported, can aid in evaluating a situation and could help to avoid an unnecessary shooting.
It was the operator not a cop. Not the police either. So stop blaming the police. Libturds! Fk off

I feel bad for the kid. I feel bad for the rookie cop too. I imagine it might be a bad thing in the years to come being on his mind forever. Killing a 12 year old over a gun that was thought to be real but was just a pellet gun.

Again..I watched the vid. Kid walking up and down the sidewalk, bored. Wandering around, like waiting for a friend to show up or just out being a kid by himself imagining he is a detective or a bad guy or a good guy or whatever 12 year olds think while hanging out by themselves. Then he goes and sits at the table, probably humming a tune, mind flipping here and there. Still bored. Did say something to the passerby and following her a short way..maybe he knew her..maybe not. Just fucking off. Like we all did. Then dead not long after.

Its just sad. And the parents need to not breed any more if they can't have a sit down with their kid on the dangers of today.

just heard on the radio this KID was 175 pounds and wore a size 12 shoe....BIG mother fucker for 12!
He would have been a great football player. Or basketball player. We will never know now, will we? And the cop that shot him? Probably PTSD in his future. Forever. Coulda woulda shoulda's bouncing his head until he is dead himself.

I feel bad for the kid. I feel bad for the rookie cop too. I imagine it might be a bad thing in the years to come being on his mind forever. Killing a 12 year old over a gun that was thought to be real but was just a pellet gun.

Again..I watched the vid. Kid walking up and down the sidewalk, bored. Wandering around, like waiting for a friend to show up or just out being a kid by himself imagining he is a detective or a bad guy or a good guy or whatever 12 year olds think while hanging out by themselves. Then he goes and sits at the table, probably humming a tune, mind flipping here and there. Still bored. Did say something to the passerby and following her a short way..maybe he knew her..maybe not. Just fucking off. Like we all did. Then dead not long after.

Its just sad. And the parents need to not breed any more if they can't have a sit down with their kid on the dangers of today.
Why was a 12 year old alone?

I asked you if a pellet fired can kill. You avoided that answer.
There are two types of "pellets" and the difference can be confusing, as it seems to be in this example.

One type of pellet is a 22-caliber metal projectile which is shot from an air-powered (pneumatic) pistol or rifle. If the air pressure used to propel this type of pellet is sufficiently powerful, and if the pellet manages to penetrate a critical organ (heart, brain), it can be fatal.

The other type of pellet is a hollow, lightweight plastic ball, approximately 3/8" diameter. This little ball is launched by a relatively low-pressure burst of air from a specially designed toy rifle or (usually) pistol, most of which are artfully effective replicas of actual firearms (typically the Colt Model 1911 .45 automatic). These toy guns are called "Air-Soft" replicas and they are harmless. They look so real that manufacturers are required by law to affix an orange fitting to the muzzle to visually identify them as toys.

This probably is the type of "gun" Tamir Rice, having removed the orange toy-identifier, was harrassing bystanders with.
If the gun in the previous photos was the one Rice had the clip isn't more than 1/4" wide. That means the clip was holding pellets. A clip holding 3/8" balls would have to be about 1/2" wide.

GPS /time stamped data recovered from the patrol car proved conclusively the LEO's drove up near the band stand and stopped for about two minutes. The thug was lying on a bench top and not immediately visible through the bandstand opening. When the thug sat up the LEO's immediately drove up. The passenger cop immediately ordered the thug to put his hands on top on his head.
Both LEO's testified they could see a bulge under the thug's T-shirt. It's obvious in the video. Instead the thug reached under his T-shirt and moved his hand towards the gun. The thug was then shot. Period. End of story.
The LEO's were never even charged with picking their nose in public.

just heard on the radio this KID was 175 pounds and wore a size 12 shoe....BIG mother fucker for 12!
He would have been a great football player. Or basketball player. We will never know now, will we? And the cop that shot him? Probably PTSD in his future. Forever. Coulda woulda shoulda's bouncing his head until he is dead himself.
Who the fuck cares what the thug 'might have been'?
No one!
Any sane person knows there's one less negro thug walking around terrorising innocents.

Who the fuck cares what the thug 'might have been'?

No one!

Any sane person knows there's one less negro thug walking around terrorising innocents.
And any sane person knows the incident will end up costing millions of taxpayer dollars, will contribute to provoking riots and could end up provoking the sniping death of some decent cop who doesn't deserve it.

There always is a price to pay.

So Conservative65 and bucs90 are so scared and pro cop that they are okay with a 12 year old being killed. You know these are the same people would be just fine with killing the Jews in Nazi Germany, or the people 60+ million Stalin and Mao killed in their communist purges.

I'm not OK with a 12 year old being killed. What I have no sympathy for is an idiot, regardless of age, doing something then others expecting me to feel sorry because an idiot made a bad choice.

I damn sure am not scared of a pussy like you. You are so pro thug you'd be happy to see a cop shot because he didn't act when the situation involved a real gun.

I'm not OK with a 12 year old being killed. What I have no sympathy for is an idiot, regardless of age, doing something then others expecting me to feel sorry because an idiot made a bad choice.

I damn sure am not scared of a pussy like you. You are so pro thug you'd be happy to see a cop shot because he didn't act when the situation involved a real gun.

Yes keep flexing those interweb muscles that is going to get you real far in life. But if you must know I don't fall into the whole BLM movement as it doomed to fail like occupy wall st. and they don't go after real solutions that would end police brutality for all races. For Example ending the war on drugs would not only save lives but also save money

War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com

And hey Portugal did it and its still standing

How Portugal Brilliantly Ended its War on DrugsHow Portugal Brilliantly Ended its War on Drugs

so why can we.

But back to the main issue here the cops should've went to jail Tamir was not doing anything illegal and if he was I don't think shooting a 12 year old should be the 1st step

Try going into a bank in my State and pretending you have a gun in your pocket. Whether you actually have it makes no difference. That you present that you do does. Same here.

But Tamir was not in a bank he was in a park so please stop doing this

moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

So you missed the point I see. My point really has nothing to do with the location but what is being presented. The bank was an example only.

If you come walking down my street PRESENTING yourself as having a gun, don't be shocked if you get the same treatment as Tamir.

Wow so you are ok with shooting a 12 year old. I mean even if Tamir was a gang banger or whatever don't you think that he could be redeemed or that kid is forever lost to the darkside. Oh and here's another thing if a kid does have a loaded gun don't you think you want an officer who can calm a kid down and talk to them get through to them to give them the gun in a peaceful way instead of the shoot 1st ask questions never.

I'm OK with shooting someone that is PRESENTING himself as having the real thing.

I want an officer that's going to protect those of us that don't wave things around that have been made to appear to look like the real thing. There was an easy solution. Tamir shouldn't have been waving around what he did. HE made the choice. HE paid the price for a bad one. That he was 12 is irrelevant. I suspect you would say the same things had he been 22, 32, 42, or 102. Are you claiming that a 12 year old doesn't know doing that is wrong? If you are, you're as big of a problem as people who do things like he did.

For the record, if a 12 year old came into my yard doing the same thing, I'd shoot them and have, under the laws of my State, the legal right to do so if I believe me or my family is in harm's way. While you may be stupid enough to wait around and find out the hard way, I'm not.

So Conservative65 and bucs90 are so scared and pro cop that they are okay with a 12 year old being killed. You know these are the same people would be just fine with killing the Jews in Nazi Germany, or the people 60+ million Stalin and Mao killed in their communist purges.

Yes keep flexing those interweb muscles that is going to get you real far in life. But if you must know I don't fall into the whole BLM movement as it doomed to fail like occupy wall st. and they don't go after real solutions that would end police brutality for all races. For Example ending the war on drugs would not only save lives but also save money

War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com

And hey Portugal did it and its still standing

How Portugal Brilliantly Ended its War on DrugsHow Portugal Brilliantly Ended its War on Drugs

so why can we.

But back to the main issue here the cops should've went to jail Tamir was not doing anything illegal and if he was I don't think shooting a 12 year old should be the 1st step

Try going into a bank in my State and pretending you have a gun in your pocket. Whether you actually have it makes no difference. That you present that you do does. Same here.

But Tamir was not in a bank he was in a park so please stop doing this

moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

So you missed the point I see. My point really has nothing to do with the location but what is being presented. The bank was an example only.

If you come walking down my street PRESENTING yourself as having a gun, don't be shocked if you get the same treatment as Tamir.

Wow so you are ok with shooting a 12 year old. I mean even if Tamir was a gang banger or whatever don't you think that he could be redeemed or that kid is forever lost to the darkside. Oh and here's another thing if a kid does have a loaded gun don't you think you want an officer who can calm a kid down and talk to them get through to them to give them the gun in a peaceful way instead of the shoot 1st ask questions never.

I'm OK with shooting someone that is PRESENTING himself as having the real thing.

I want an officer that's going to protect those of us that don't wave things around that have been made to appear to look like the real thing. There was an easy solution. Tamir shouldn't have been waving around what he did. HE made the choice. HE paid the price for a bad one. That he was 12 is irrelevant. I suspect you would say the same things had he been 22, 32, 42, or 102. Are you claiming that a 12 year old doesn't know doing that is wrong? If you are, you're as big of a problem as people who do things like he did.

For the record, if a 12 year old came into my yard doing the same thing, I'd shoot them and have, under the laws of my State, the legal right to do so if I believe me or my family is in harm's way. While you may be stupid enough to wait around and find out the hard way, I'm not.

Did you watch the Video man Tamir was not a threat and the cops blew him away you heartless prick

Did you watch the Video man Tamir was not a threat and the cops blew him away you heartless prick
Actually, and quite the essential point, the cops didn't know if Rice was a threat because they failed to properly approach him, which would be from a safe and strategic distance from which they could have issued commands to have him drop his gun and lie face down. There was no reason for them to roll up on him and exit their car, thereby putting themselves at risk of being shot.

Actually, and quite the essential point, the cops didn't know if Rice was a threat because they failed to properly approach him, which would be from a safe and strategic distance from which they could have issued commands to have him drop his gun and lie face down. There was no reason for them to roll up on him and exit their car, thereby putting themselves at risk of being shot.
You must be a well trained police officer to have such an informed opinion that apparently real police officers don't know about it.

Forum List

Back