Tamir Rice a No-Go. Let the Whining Begin.

To be fair here you folks seem to think that a young black man waving and threatening people walking down the side walk with a pellet gun is "playing"... I don't seem to have much in common with your opinion of "non-abusive" behavior...

You seem to think that a kid playing with a gun amounts to "waving and threatening people" only when the kid is black tho.

Uhm no, if someone was waving around a gun and threatening people (by waving it in peoples faces) they could be florescent green for all I care, get them the hell away from other kids who might be /actually/ be "playing" in that park...

When you go to such lengths to describe playing with a gun as being threatening then you must one of those people who wants everyone to have a participation trophy and have long discussions on why recess is dangerous
Huh? Relevance?

BTW, most all kids play with baseballs, footballs, basketballs, and frisbees in a park. Not firearms.

You seem to be advocating firearms in a park. Hmmmmmmm,

To be fair here you folks seem to think that a young black man waving and threatening people walking down the side walk with a pellet gun is "playing"... I don't seem to have much in common with your opinion of "non-abusive" behavior...

You seem to think that a kid playing with a gun amounts to "waving and threatening people" only when the kid is black tho.

Uhm no, if someone was waving around a gun and threatening people (by waving it in peoples faces) they could be florescent green for all I care, get them the hell away from other kids who might be /actually/ be "playing" in that park...

When you go to such lengths to describe playing with a gun as being threatening then you must one of those people who wants everyone to have a participation trophy and have long discussions on why recess is dangerous

And when you go to such lengths to categorize waving a realistic looking pellet gun in someone's face as "playing", in addition to saying a 5'7" tall 200 pound "guy" looks like a "kid" you're stretching the truth for political reasons.

I'll compromise though; I'm 5'8" and 125pounds and I'm over 40, if I can get called a "kid" too I'll buy that everyone calling 911 and the police realized he was only 12...

Playing with a gun while black = Threatening

He was 12...no way you're saying he looked like an adult just because he was 5'7. Or maybe you believe midgets look like children as well based on height alone.

You're like the Mom from Christmas Story scared of everything. Your paranoia of blacks isnt an excuse for gunning him down. His height isnt an excuse either.

Huh? Relevance?

BTW, most all kids play with baseballs, footballs, basketballs, and frisbees in a park. Not firearms.

You're right, that's why Nerf is out of business. Guns have never been played with by children.

ralphiebbgun.png

And when you go to such lengths to categorize waving a realistic looking pellet gun in someone's face as "playing", in addition to saying a 5'7" tall 200 pound "guy" looks like a "kid" you're stretching the truth for political reasons.

I'll compromise though; I'm 5'8" and 125pounds and I'm over 40, if I can get called a "kid" too I'll buy that everyone calling 911 and the police realized he was only 12...

He was 12...no way you're saying he looked like an adult just because he was 5'7. Or maybe you believe midgets look like children as well based on height alone.

You're like the Mom from Christmas Story scared of everything. Your paranoia of blacks isnt an excuse for gunning him down. His height isnt an excuse either.
Playing with a gun any color = threatening. Not sure where you're from.

Yeah, I'm from where people arent scared of 12 year olds playing with toys. You're from the other area where they are.

Huh? Relevance?

You're right, that's why Nerf is out of business. Guns have never been played with by children.

ralphiebbgun.png
Relevance? Curious, can a pellet gun kill? Now can a nerf sponge. Perhaps if swallowed.

Yeah, I'm from where people arent scared of 12 year olds playing with toys. You're from the other area where they are.
Where's that?

So a pellet gun is a toy?

And describe playing. I don't think the cop went to play.

I'd say from the 911 calls that none of the innocent pedestrians he threatened wanted to play with him either...

Huh? Relevance?

ralphiebbgun.png
Relevance? Curious, can a pellet gun kill? Now can a nerf sponge. Perhaps if swallowed.

So kids do play with guns you just determined that a pellet gun is dangerous just like I said you would. "Dont forget to wear your knee pads"

Huh? Relevance?

ralphiebbgun.png

So kids do play with guns you just determined that a pellet gun is dangerous just like I said you would. "Dont forget to wear your knee pads"
I asked you if a pellet fired can kill. You avoided that answer

So therefore you concede it's not a toy.

Last edited:
Anything CAN kill you...now I see how you justify things. If it can happen killing is justified no matter how likely.

Spoon? BANG!

Anything CAN kill you...now I see how you justify things. If it can happen killing is justified no matter how likely.

Spoon? BANG!
Well sure if one uses it as a weapon. They use spoons forks and knives in prison to kill, you agree?

Pointing this:

cleveland-police-shoot-boy.jpg

At people's heads at point blank range as they walk down the street is threatening. It scared the shit out of people.

He was 5'7 and almost 200 pounds. Holding a gun that's virtually indistinguishable from the real thing to people's heads as they walked down the street.

He rightly scared the shit out of people.

I've heard Rice's gun described as a "pellet gun," a "bb-gun" and an "air-soft" replica with the orange toy-identifier removed.

"Air-Soft" guns are relatively safe because they fire a lightweight, low-velocity plastic ball, sometimes called a pellet. BB-pistols and actual pellet pistols are comparatively dangerous (not lethal) but neither has an orange toy-identifier attached to its muzzle because neither is a toy. So if the gun Rice had has been described as having the orange toy-identifier removed, then it was an "air-soft."

But none of the foregoing is relevant to the fact that the caller to Cleveland 911 did in fact say the gun might be a toy and the subject might be a juvenile:

A man shown sitting under a nearby gazebo made a 911 call, telling the dispatcher “there’s a guy in here with a pistol, pointing it at everybody,” according to audio of the call. The caller said the gun is “probably fake, but you know what, he’s scaring the s— out of people,” and later said, “I don’t know if it’s real or not.” He described Tamir as “probably a juvenile.” He (the caller) eventually left the park. Video shows Cleveland officer shooting 12-year-old Tamir Rice within seconds

But information about the gun possibly being fake wasn’t mentioned to the officers in the radio call about a young black male with a gun in a park, so inefficiency on the part of Cleveland police commenced right there. It continued when the cops who responded to that deficient radio run failed to follow established procedure. They did exactly what they should not have done.

Whether or not Tamir Rice deserved to be shot to death is not the issue here. Police inefficiency and misconduct is. Failure to acknowledge that and to appropriately address it occurs as apparent approval and implies that it's okay for cops to ignore rules and established procedures, a circumstance which ultimately will affect us all.

Huh? Relevance?

ralphiebbgun.png
I can kill a fucking moose with a pellet gun if I could walk up to it and shoot it anywhere I want to. The fucking thug could have easily blinded someone or worse.
Walkup up to someone with the exact same pellet gun the fucking thug had and put it up to someone's eyeball and the pellet will go right into the brain. Think about that!

I've heard Rice's gun described as a "pellet gun," a "bb-gun" and an "air-soft" replica with the orange toy-identifier removed.

"Air-Soft" guns are relatively safe because they fire a lightweight, low-velocity plastic ball, sometimes called a pellet. BB-pistols and pellet pistols are comparatively dangerous (not lethal) but neither has an orange toy-identifier attached to its muzzle because neither is a toy. So if the gun Rice had has been described as having the orange toy-identifier removed, then it was an "air-soft."

But none of the foregoing is relevant to the fact that the caller to Cleveland 911 did in fact say the gun might be a toy and the subject might be a juvenile:

A man shown sitting under a nearby gazebo made a 911 call, telling the dispatcher “there’s a guy in here with a pistol, pointing it at everybody,” according to audio of the call. The caller said the gun is “probably fake, but you know what, he’s scaring the s— out of people,” and later said, “I don’t know if it’s real or not.” He described Tamir as “probably a juvenile.” He (the caller) eventually left the park. Video shows Cleveland officer shooting 12-year-old Tamir Rice within seconds

But information about the gun possibly being fake wasn’t mentioned to the officers in the radio call about a young black male with a gun in a park, so inefficiency on the part of Cleveland police commenced right there. It continued when the cops who responded to that deficient radio run failed to follow established procedure. They did exactly what they should not have done.

Whether or not Tamir Rice deserved to be shot to death is not the issue here. Police inefficiency and misconduct is. Failure to acknowledge that and to appropriately address it occurs as apparent approval and implies that it's okay for cops to ignore rules and established procedures, a circumstance which ultimately will affect us all.
Whether the dispatcher told the LEOs the gun "might be a fake' is totally irrelevant. Anyone with a brain knows no cop is going to 'assume' anything regarding someone in possession or what 'might be' a real or fake gun. Everyone fucking wise up!

I asked you if a pellet fired can kill. You avoided that answer.
There are two types of "pellets" and the difference can be confusing, as it seems to be in this example.

One type of pellet is a 22-caliber metal projectile which is shot from an air-powered (pneumatic) pistol or rifle. If the air pressure used to propel this type of pellet is sufficiently powerful, and if the pellet manages to penetrate a critical organ (heart, brain), it can be fatal.

The other type of pellet is a hollow, lightweight plastic ball, approximately 3/8" diameter. This little ball is launched by a relatively low-pressure burst of air from a specially designed toy rifle or (usually) pistol, most of which are artfully effective replicas of actual firearms (typically the Colt Model 1911 .45 automatic). These toy guns are called "Air-Soft" replicas and they are harmless. They look so real that manufacturers are required by law to affix an orange fitting to the muzzle to visually identify them as toys.

This probably is the type of "gun" Tamir Rice, having removed the orange toy-identifier, was harrassing bystanders with.

Its a replica Colt 1911. And to the casual viewer who didn't know their guns would be visually indistinguishable from one.

tamir-rice-fake-gun.jpg

The caller said it was 'probably' a toy but that he didn't know if it was real or not. And that the 'man' was scaring the shit out of people, pointing a gun at a woman's face and others. When he tried to guess his age, his said '20'. But hedged that he could be a juvenile.

Rice stood 5'7 and weighed almost 200 pounds. He wasn't kid sized.

But information about the gun possibly being fake wasn’t mentioned to the officers in the radio call about a young black male with a gun in a park, so inefficiency on the part of Cleveland police commenced right there.

A young black male pointing a gun at people in the park. With the call to cops being given the highest priority.

It continued when the cops who responded to that deficient radio run failed to follow established procedure. They did exactly what they should not have done.

The police and both experts called by the prosecution say otherwise.

I asked you if a pellet fired can kill. You avoided that answer.
There are two types of "pellets" and the difference can be confusing, as it seems to be in this example.

One type of pellet is a 22-caliber metal projectile which is shot from an air-powered (pneumatic) pistol or rifle. If the air pressure used to propel this type of pellet is sufficiently powerful, and if the pellet manages to penetrate a critical organ (heart, brain), it can be fatal.

The other type of pellet is a hollow, lightweight plastic ball, approximately 3/8" diameter. This little ball is launched by a relatively low-pressure burst of air from a specially designed toy rifle or (usually) pistol, most of which are artfully effective replicas of actual firearms (typically the Colt Model 1911 .45 automatic). These toy guns are called "Air-Soft" replicas and they are harmless. They look so real that manufacturers are required by law to affix an orange fitting to the muzzle to visually identify them as toys.

This probably is the type of "gun" Tamir Rice, having removed the orange toy-identifier, was harrassing bystanders with.
If so, then intentionally done. And perhaps his own fault

Its a replica Colt 1911. And to the casual viewer who didn't know their guns would be visually indistinguishable from one.

tamir-rice-fake-gun.jpg

The caller said it was 'probably' a toy but that he didn't know if it was real or not. And that the 'man' was scaring the shit out of people, pointing a gun at a woman's face and others. When he tried to guess his age, his said '20'. But hedged that he could be a juvenile.

Rice stood 5'7 and weighed almost 200 pounds. He wasn't kid sized.

But information about the gun possibly being fake wasn’t mentioned to the officers in the radio call about a young black male with a gun in a park, so inefficiency on the part of Cleveland police commenced right there.

A young black male pointing a gun at people in the park. With the call to cops being given the highest priority.

It continued when the cops who responded to that deficient radio run failed to follow established procedure. They did exactly what they should not have done.

The police and both experts called by the prosecution say otherwise.
The caller did not say toy. He said he wasn't sure if it was a fake or real, but the kid kept scaring people. Taking it from his pants and waving it. And it was the black 911 operator that asked if the person was black or white. The caller didn't offer it up the way you worded it . But don't let facts get in your libturd way.

And I don't believe the operators are police. Just saying get your facts straight.

Forum List

Back