Talk about Ironic: Wisconsin votes Republicans into power across the board.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Feb 22, 2011.

  1. rdean
    Offline

    rdean rddean

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    Messages:
    60,031
    Thanks Received:
    6,880
    Trophy Points:
    1,840
    Location:
    chicago
    Ratings:
    +14,898
    Wisconsin was the only state in the country last night to see the its governorship and Senate seat flip parties, in addition to both chambers of the state legislature. In Wisconsin’s case, every changeover was a victory for the Republicans:

    From Blue to Red: GOP takes Wisconsin

    Gotta hand it to Republicans, when they say they are going to screw the American Middle Class, they aren't kidding around. At least they're honest.
     
  2. Midnight Marauder
    Offline

    Midnight Marauder BANNED

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2009
    Messages:
    12,404
    Thanks Received:
    1,876
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    "Elections Have Consequences." Nancy Pelosi.

    It was okay with you when she said it then, somehow it's not okay with you now? Is she still right?
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Oddball
    Offline

    Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2009
    Messages:
    41,428
    Thanks Received:
    8,397
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Looks like that old "will of the people" thingy only counts when democratics get their way.
     
  4. R.D.
    Offline

    R.D. Gold Member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Messages:
    8,445
    Thanks Received:
    2,374
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    Maybe you can get a phony doctor to sign off for some whine time.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Avorysuds
    Offline

    Avorysuds Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2010
    Messages:
    13,834
    Thanks Received:
    1,655
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Location:
    Eugene Oregon
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Another cray baby thread.
     
  6. rdean
    Offline

    rdean rddean

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    Messages:
    60,031
    Thanks Received:
    6,880
    Trophy Points:
    1,840
    Location:
    chicago
    Ratings:
    +14,898
    Hey, I'm with you guys. Down with the Middle Class. Cut taxes for rich people. Screw the American Middle Class. Yea for corporate greed.

    Wow, that feels good. Let's not stop.

    Down with gays, down with Hispanics, down with women's rights - let's redefine abortion. Let's move jobs to China. Obama pals around with terrorists. Climate change is good. Get rid of the EPA.


    Hmmm, so THAT'S what being a Republican feels like.


    I feel sick.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. McDowell's
    Offline

    McDowell's BANNED

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Messages:
    883
    Thanks Received:
    239
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +239
    Luckily for the state of Wisconsin, Governor Walker will ensure he doesn't get too much government cheese with that.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. R.D.
    Offline

    R.D. Gold Member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Messages:
    8,445
    Thanks Received:
    2,374
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    Understandable... verbal vomit can have that effect.
     
  9. bucs90
    Offline

    bucs90 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2010
    Messages:
    26,548
    Thanks Received:
    5,995
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    But here is the irony: The GOP said exactly what they were gonna do, BEFORE the elections. We ran on slashing gov't. We said it. The people wanted it.

    Just because the 7% of the people in America who are in unions don't like it doesn't mean the other 93% don't want it. The other 93% voted. The 7% can deal with it.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. bucs90
    Offline

    bucs90 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2010
    Messages:
    26,548
    Thanks Received:
    5,995
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Dude, you have the best avatar on USMB. Well done:clap2:
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Share This Page