Taliban Offered Us Bin Laden in 2001 But Bush Said "No Thankies"

where did she say she never heard this before?

The implication is there. She asked why it was kept a secret. She asked why we didn't know about it in 2001.

It wasn't kept a secret. We did know about it in 2001. By deductive reasoning it is apparent that Madeline recently found out about this. Maybe not today...but recently.

You see your side seems to do this all the time.

You read something and then THINK it says one thing when it doesnt say what you seem to think it does.

She was laymenting that we did not know this in 2001.

You see your side seems to do this all the time.

You read something and then THINK it says one thing when it doesnt say what you seem to think it does.

She was laymenting that we did not know this in 2001.

And we are pointing out that WE DID know it in 2001. I thought it was only Maddie who didn't. It appears this major news event passed you by too.

How embarrassing for you both.

Bush rejects Taliban offer to surrender bin Laden

Second week of bombing begins;
Media visits village hit by missile

By Andrew Buncombe in Washington

Monday, 15 October 2001

There I just did it for you

Bush rejects Taliban offer to surrender bin Laden

Second week of bombing begins;
Media visits village hit by missile

By Andrew Buncombe in Washington

Monday, 15 October 2001

There I just did it for you

I already did it cupcake.

Really, you need to pay attention.

You guys were right , she could have known about it in mid october 2009.

I commited the same mistake I had accused you all of.

I thought Cali had said the FIRST time she heard of it and she did not.

I blew it , I fucked up, I slap my forehead in self admonishment.

Lets do remember that this was a mere six weeks AFTER 911 and many people of the world (not just Americans) were in a depressive haze at the implications for the entire world of a war that looked like 911.

backpedal.jpg

You guys were right , she could have known about it in mid october 2009.

I commited the same mistake I had accused you all of.

I thought Cali had said the FIRST time she heard of it and she did not.

I blew it , I fucked up, I slap my forehead in self admonishment.

Truth, it was covered in 2001. News organizations across the world were talking about it.

Bush rejects Taliban offer to hand Bin Laden over | World news | guardian.co.uk

^^^ Note the date the story ran.

9.30pm update: * Taliban demand evidence of Bin Laden's guilt
* Second week of airstrikes starts
* Taliban urges US to halt bombing

guardian.co.uk, Sunday 14 October 2001 22.19 BST
Article history
President George Bush rejected as "non-negotiable" an offer by the Taliban to discuss turning over Osama bin Laden if the United States ended the bombing in Afghanistan.
Returning to the White House after a weekend at Camp David, the president said the bombing would not stop, unless the ruling Taliban "turn [bin Laden] over, turn his cohorts over, turn any hostages they hold over." He added, "There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty". In Jalalabad, deputy prime minister Haji Abdul Kabir - the third most powerful figure in the ruling Taliban regime - told reporters that the Taliban would require evidence that Bin Laden was behind the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US, but added: "we would be ready to hand him over to a third country".

Maddie is wrong. WE knew about it. She didn't. Maddie thinks that, if she doesn't know something, it didn't happen. That is her problem, don't make it yours.

What NO recognition of a humanbeings ability to admitt a mistake?

Look guys we are all human and fuck up once in awhile , the ability to admitt a mistake used to count for something in this culture.

Will any of you have the guts to EVER admitt your mistakes?

Look guys we are all human and fuck up once in awhile , the ability to admitt a mistake used to count for something in this culture.

We do. Only you're so busy labeling those people as liars that you don't see them. You bitch about people calling you a liar. Yet you are the one who uses that word more often than anyone. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is, according to you, a liar.

I see the right now feels that admitting a mistake is not a good quality?

Please tell me I'm wrong about this?

Do you see admitting a mistake as a possitive thing ?

OMG you want a prize for admitting you made a mistake ? :lmao:

I wish the ability to admitt a mistake meant something in this society.

It was something Americans used to value for good reason

I call people liars when they lie.

perfectly acceptable thing to do

Actually, truth, you call them liars when they voice an opinion. An opinion cannot be a lie.

Go look at the places where I call someone a liar, I then give my reasoning fro calling them such.

You call me a liar all the time and refuse to EVER present the evidence I have lied about anything.

There is a very important differance, cant you see that?

Forum List

Back