Taliban Offered Us Bin Laden in 2001 But Bush Said "No Thankies"

I call people liars when they lie.

perfectly acceptable thing to do

Actually, truth, you call them liars when they voice an opinion. An opinion cannot be a lie.

Go look at the places where I call someone a liar, I then give my reasoning fro calling them such.

You call me a liar all the time and refuse to EVER present the evidence I have lied about anything.

There is a very important differance, cant you see that?

I call you a liar because you lie about other people lying. Jeeeez, do you have a sense of humor at all? It's a fucking joke, you humorless fool. I'm trying to make you see how stupid you look when you call everyone a liar simply because you don't like what they say.

RGS wrote:

Read your own link, they did not offer to give him up. They offered to let us try to prove to them, a biased source, that he was involved in terrorism. In other words even though the WORLD had seen his tapes declaring Jihad, had seen his tapes taking credit for terrorist attacks, the Taliban wanted some more proof he was a terrorist.

It was a political ploy to stop the bombings. There is no reason to believe they ever intended to actually turn him over.

I can understand your POV, RGS. I'm more disturbed that we never knew this in 2001 than by whether it was a missed opportunity. Why was this kept secret? I am unsure whether it would have been wise to at least explore the possibility of bin Laden being sent to a third country for trial, mebbe for a week. (The exploring of the idea, not the trial.) I could have lived with bin Laden being tried at The Hague, as long as after, he was executed.

What would a week have cost us in "dignity" compared to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent Middle Easterners and the loss of life for thousands of American soldiers?

Yes she said we and then some claimed she didnt know until now.

RGS wrote:

Read your own link, they did not offer to give him up. They offered to let us try to prove to them, a biased source, that he was involved in terrorism. In other words even though the WORLD had seen his tapes declaring Jihad, had seen his tapes taking credit for terrorist attacks, the Taliban wanted some more proof he was a terrorist.

It was a political ploy to stop the bombings. There is no reason to believe they ever intended to actually turn him over.

I can understand your POV, RGS. I'm more disturbed that we never knew this in 2001 than by whether it was a missed opportunity. Why was this kept secret? I am unsure whether it would have been wise to at least explore the possibility of bin Laden being sent to a third country for trial, mebbe for a week. (The exploring of the idea, not the trial.) I could have lived with bin Laden being tried at The Hague, as long as after, he was executed.

What would a week have cost us in "dignity" compared to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent Middle Easterners and the loss of life for thousands of American soldiers?

Yes she said we and then some claimed she didnt know until now.

Exactly when she knew is not the point. The point is that she claimed that 'WE' did not know in 2001. In fact, WE did know. Clearly, she did not. That's ignorance on her part - the rest of the nation is not necessarily as ill-informed as Maddie.

RGS wrote:

Was it really a secret? I seem to remember it at the time; but maybe that's what comes of living in the present rather than reading about things on forum boards ten years after the fact.

I still dont see where she claimed she did not know about it until ten years after.

Forum List

Back