Take that, Nate Silver!

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Zander, Oct 31, 2012.

  1. Zander
    Offline

    Zander Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2009
    Messages:
    17,906
    Thanks Received:
    6,687
    Trophy Points:
    390
    Location:
    Los Angeles CA
    Ratings:
    +13,728
    Well well well. I added this piece of data to my "Five-30-Ate" analysis (my very own "poll aggregation" site) and it is the final piece of "science" that puts Mitt way over the top - It now appears that Romney has an 84.9% chance of winning the electoral college and popular vote. Once I get the data from the Pizza Hut and Dunkin Donuts coffee cup surveys, the analysis will be complete, but at this point, it's really over. Obama will be unemployed soon....

    Obviously that is just a scientific as Nate's "analysis" - which is to say it is non-scientific.


    Republicans Have Won Every November 6th Presidential Election Since 1860
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. R.D.
    Offline

    R.D. Gold Member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Messages:
    8,445
    Thanks Received:
    2,373
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +3,374
    Let's hope we can continue the streak :)
     
  3. Zander
    Offline

    Zander Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2009
    Messages:
    17,906
    Thanks Received:
    6,687
    Trophy Points:
    390
    Location:
    Los Angeles CA
    Ratings:
    +13,728
    It's science and math. It can't be beat. Nate Silver told me so.....

    :lol:
     
  4. mamooth
    Offline

    mamooth Gold Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2012
    Messages:
    15,301
    Thanks Received:
    2,712
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    The poll aggregators, 10/31/2012. All of them agree with Nate Silver, which makes the right's NateHate look bizarre.

    RCP O281-R257
    RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

    Pollster.com O253-R206
    Pollster: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

    Five-thirty-eight.com (Nate Silver) O299-R239
    Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

    Princeton Election consortium O318-R220
    Princeton Election Consortium — A first draft of electoral history

    AP O271-R206
    AP Analysis: Advantage Obama in race for electoral votes

    InTrade O294-R244
    2012 Electoral Map - The Intrade Forecast 10/31/2012

    BetFair O305-235
    US Presidential Election: Seven days to go, where do we stand? | Betting @ Betfair

    Electoral Vote O280-R206
    ElectoralVote

    270 to Win O275-R263
    America's Electoral Map: A 2012 Election Forecast

    Votamatic O332-R206
    VOTAMATIC | Forecasts and Polling Analysis for the 2012 Presidential Election
     
  5. Zander
    Offline

    Zander Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2009
    Messages:
    17,906
    Thanks Received:
    6,687
    Trophy Points:
    390
    Location:
    Los Angeles CA
    Ratings:
    +13,728

    I don't hate Nate, I don't care enough to hate him.

    Maybe he hates himself? He will either be remembered as "that idiot who carried Obama's poll water" (75% chance of that) or "that boy genius who called his (count 'em!) 2nd!! Election" (25% chance) ...:lol: Yep, the Boy Genius has only done this once before.....:rofl:
     
  6. Luddly Neddite
    Offline

    Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2011
    Messages:
    54,984
    Thanks Received:
    8,678
    Trophy Points:
    2,040
    Ratings:
    +22,110
    I hope you're being sarcastic cuz that's really really dumb.

    But then, the right isn't known for their math or science, are they.
     
  7. AceRothstein
    Offline

    AceRothstein Gold Member

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2012
    Messages:
    5,369
    Thanks Received:
    877
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +2,533
    Yet you went out of your way to create a thread on an online message board about him. :cuckoo:
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Trajan
    Offline

    Trajan conscientia mille testes

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Messages:
    29,048
    Thanks Received:
    4,752
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    The Bay Area Soviet
    Ratings:
    +4,758
    that would be funny BUT, Nate works for the NY Times , that's right, the NY- TIMES so, get back in your hate cave grandpa...:mad:








    :badgrin:
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Leweman
    Offline

    Leweman Gold Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2010
    Messages:
    4,219
    Thanks Received:
    508
    Trophy Points:
    155
    Ratings:
    +911

    the aggregate of a bunch of wrong polls is a wrong aggregate. But keep pointing to the polls on Nov 7 if you want.
     
  10. elvis
    Offline

    elvis BANNED Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    25,882
    Thanks Received:
    4,303
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    What about the Washington Redskins record and elections?
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Share This Page