Take it off life support.

And what is your plan to lower the cost of healthcare? You do know that almost all of europe pay less in healthcare and many of them have nationalized systems.

lol

Froggy is probably like me. He probably doesn't live anywhere in Europe and gives a shit less about how much they pay for insurance.

Agreed. The private sector has proven they cannot be trusted to have the best interests of our citizens with health care. At least Obamacare ended the inhumane practice of "pre existing conditions" and tried to reign in the unsustainable rate hikes before the bubble burst. Not to mention driving people to debt for the rest of their lives in the name of profit, when someone has no choice if they get sick.

It is largely a failure though as the out of control health industry continues to put profits first and the good of our nations citizens second.

They had their chance and abused/didn't fix their system. Time to try a system like Canada and the U.K. for the good of the citizens of our country.

Health Affairs
Have cancer? Survival is longer in the US.
And they travel here when they want the best of care. Wait times and care are better. Or were

And what is your plan to lower the cost of healthcare? You do know that almost all of europe pay less in healthcare and many of them have nationalized systems.

lol

lol
Europe healthcare is in shambles.just like obamacare

lol

Why not divide it and leave it to the Parties to decide for their own members.
Matthew if you are so sure your system works, why not prove it first through the Parties
like the Greens and Democrats pushing for Single Payer. From what I understand, the Greens plan
is to set up health care coops and teach everyone to manage their own labor and resources.
Sounds very Libertarian and Republican/Conservative to me to set up your own free market pools.

Also why can't the public organize group discounts by what BANKS the members have accounts with.
Like through CREDIT UNIONS.

Since so many Unions "opted out" of Obamacare, doesn't it make sense for UNIONS to set
up group plans and discounts for their members?

Any large collective organization should be able to organize group discounts on insurance and/or health care services such as through medical education programs, training residencies and internships. What makes you think this HAS to be through govt as the only choice?

Why can't it be through churches, schools, businesses, any network that the members
want to use to organize their health care plans, finances and resources. That way, people
don't have to agree on abortion, or birth control. All people can fund the programs their way
if we didn't try to force "one policy fits all" which is as unworkable as establishing one national religion everyone would have to buy into. Of course, no one is going to agree if they all have different beliefs. Why not RESPECT those creeds equally instead of railroading, bullying,
censoring and slamming people for having different beliefs?

If you wouldn't force Jesus and Christianity on people through govt as the "only way to truth"
why this insistence on forcing insurance regulated through govt on people as the "only way to pay for health care or get fined."

What happened to free choice and separation of church and state
when it comes to beliefs and choice of health care? Why this govt imposition of beliefs,
regulating and fining anyone who wants a different choice. How is this not violation of
equal religious freedom by discriminating by creed?

What part of "no thanks I believe in another way of practicing health care" do you NOT GET?

Agreed. The private sector has proven they cannot be trusted to have the best interests of our citizens with health care. At least Obamacare ended the inhumane practice of "pre existing conditions" and tried to reign in the unsustainable rate hikes before the bubble burst. Not to mention driving people to debt for the rest of their lives in the name of profit, when someone has no choice if they get sick.

It is largely a failure though as the out of control health industry continues to put profits first and the good of our nations citizens second.

They had their chance and abused/didn't fix their system. Time to try a system like Canada and the U.K. for the good of the citizens of our country.
Let the government insure the uninsureableand quit penalizing me by taking my insurance away

Make the mandates optional, give people a choice of what groups they want responsibility for paying for health care. And don't try to dictate those policies left to the states and the people to choose how they want to manage their own programs. This is a no-brainer to me. Clearly the parties DON'T agree how to set up health care, because they have different BELIEFS. Isn't it clear that people and parties of different CREEDS should be allowed to follow their own without interference, intrusion or imposition by others, and especially not abusing govt to coerce them?

Whoever doesn't get this, doesn't understand human nature, and the need for liberty and self-determination in one's own affairs. If Obama and the Democrats who keep pushing this through federal govt don't get how human nature and the democratic process works, sorry, they should not be in office making such decisions. They should work in facilitating resources between people who do understand that all people and groups need their own way of doing things to be equally included in the democratic process. Some things you cannot dictate for others from the top down. And this is one of them.

If Obama and Pelosi don't get this point, that's incompetence, and they shouldn't be in office.

Last edited:

Let the government insure the uninsureableand quit penalizing me by taking my insurance away

That's fine with me. Having a national plan absolutely should not prohibit private plans or doctors that wish to practice out of the system. It shouldn't have to be one or the other.
Like with public school. You are not restrained to a public system. You are free to send your kids to any private school you like, or home school. Should be the same with health care. It's the American way.

Well, obamacare isn't working. Selling insurance across state lines and tort reform need to be tried. And honestly? I think hmo's are not cost effective. We need to go back to an 80/20 split. Healthcare was then affordable, compared to today. Include low cost preventative, and lower deductibles/lower max out of pockets. And pre-existing should be in a pool.
Health Affairs

No one's disputing that. It's the costs that are at issue.

froggy said:
A tax on politicians to pay for healthcare of the pre-existing cases

And of course the politicians are going to pass that legislation if you ask nicely.

National healthcare lowers quality of healthcare and wait times can become prohibitive. And it would still be expensive.

That's fine with me. Having a national plan absolutely should not prohibit private plans or doctors that wish to practice out of the system. It shouldn't have to be one or the other.
Like with public school. You are not restrained to a public system. You are free to send your kids to any private school you like, or home school. Should be the same with health care. It's the American way.

No, that is not the American way.

Well, obamacare isn't working. Selling insurance across state lines and tort reform need to be tried. And honestly? I think hmo's are not cost effective. We need to go back to an 80/20 split. Healthcare was then affordable, compared to today. Include low cost preventative, and lower deductibles/lower max out of pockets. And pre-existing should be in a pool.
Health Affairs

No one's disputing that. It's the costs that are at issue.

froggy said:
A tax on politicians to pay for healthcare of the pre-existing cases

And of course the politicians are going to pass that legislation if you ask nicely.
HMO's messed things up good. A Bill Clinton deregulation failure like the Gramm-Leach Billey act.

No, that is not the American way.

A national public school system with freedom for private school or home school is not the American way???

Selling insurance across state lines and tort reform need to be tried.

Across state lines approaches have been tried ("none of the across state lines laws resulted in a single insurer entering a new market or the sale of a single new insurance product."). The whole idea is based on an outmoded and incorrect understanding of how insurance markets work, which is why it doesn't actually work in practice. That's why all it really is at this point is shorthand for "deregulation."

Tort reform (at the state level) was in the ACA, Congress just needs to finally fund it.

Forum List

Back