Take guns away from proven psychopaths - for example drunk drivers

Malicious premeditated perpetration / Negligence. Know the difference.
:dig:

The victim doesn't know the difference. THINK

You're in no position to yell "think" in a crowded theater. When your topic is "Take guns away from proven psychopaths - for example drunk drivers", there's no room to squirm. You weren't talking about victims; you're talking about drivers. Now you want to move goalposts.

Actually your goalposts were in motion when they started, since your title advocates taking guns away from drivers. What was that about "think" again?

AS it stands, it's tough to prove someone has a mental illness. That's why we need a law saying anyone with a DUI is a proven psychopath and cannot have a gun.

You should step back and read what you're typing for a few minutes. It's tough to prove someone has a mental illness? No it isn't. Just court-order them to sit down for an assessment with a mental health professional for an hour or two.

You're basically arguing "it's tough to prove, so we need a law that just declares it without proof."

"Psychopath" is a colloquial term for someone with Antisocial Personality Disorder. People who have driven drunk by and large do not meet the criteria for that.

Your thinking errors are piling up quickly. It's getting hard to keep up with them all. You seem to need corrections every time you post something, at least so far in this thread.

["Psychopath" is a colloquial term for someone with Antisocial Personality Disorder. People who have driven drunk by and large do not meet the criteria for that.

Of course they meet the criteria. You just don't want to admit because it would include you too. If drunk drivers aren't psychopaths then nobody is.

There are criminal databases used to flag felons trying to buy guns. There has been a lot of advocacy to not group people who have been committed to psychiatric hospitals in the past with these databases, because folks feel it criminalizes mental illness.

Technically, folks with a history of psychiatric commitment can't buy guns either. It is not well enforced because it largely relies on self-report, and background checks won't catch those who've been psychiatrically hospitalized.

[
If you never speed, stay the hell out of the left lane or this psycho will run your ass over.

Oh wow - listen to mister bigtalk. You just admitted you're a psycho and i see why. You're one of these little guys who get pushed around all the time and so you go on the highways with your hotted-up SUV and say "now i'm gonna do the pushin". HAHAHA

["Psychopath" is a colloquial term for someone with Antisocial Personality Disorder. People who have driven drunk by and large do not meet the criteria for that.

Of course they meet the criteria. You just don't want to admit because it would include you too. If drunk drivers aren't psychopaths then nobody is.

You're one dumbshit comment away from me discontinuing engagement in discussion with you. I have provided you with clarification on this topic and if you continue to ignore it, I'll return the favor and ignore you. It sounds like I was wrong to assume you actually wanted this topic to be seriously discussed.

Technically, folks with a history of psychiatric commitment can't buy guns either. It is not well enforced because it largely relies on self-report, and background checks won't catch those who've been psychiatrically hospitalized.

That could easily be changed though. No reason we can't have a database for everyone who's been committed to a loony-bin. It actually makes more sense than disarming felons since so many felonies are mickey mouse "crimes". You really think martha stewart should not have the right to own a gun.

[
If you never speed, stay the hell out of the left lane or this psycho will run your ass over.

Oh wow - listen to mister bigtalk. You just admitted you're a psycho and i see why. You're one of these little guys who get pushed around all the time and so you go on the highways with your hotted-up SUV and say "now i'm gonna do the pushin". HAHAHA

Ya think I'm bad now? Ya shoulda seen me at the wheel of the 80,000 lb. 18 wheeler I drove for 30 years!

You'da shit your pants when I flew by at 100+.

Anyone who drives drunk has proven they have no concern for the safety of others and that makes them a psychopath. Also anyone who exceeds the speed limit by over 30 mph.

These are dangerous super-violent criminals. Time to stop coddling them.

Don't forget all the wife-beaters.... on this board.

Forum List

Back