Take A Poll: If Donald Trump Succeeds With His Agenda, Will It Be Better Or Worse For Our Country?

Will a successful Trump mandate as he campaigned on make America better or worse?

• Yes! America will be great again! A shining city on the hill!

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No. America will fall further down the rabbit hole than it already has.

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Import third world people, import third world ways

Who the hell asks an "or" question and provides only "yes" and "no" type responses? Oh, I know who. The OP-er of this thread. :rolleyes:
  • Do you like apples or oranges? Yes.

Who the hell asks an "or" question and provides only "yes" and "no" type responses? Oh, I know who. The OP-er of this thread. :rolleyes:

Yes, I like oranges and apples or bananas and pears. If you have a hard time figuring out the question, probably doesn't say much for your answer.

Who the hell asks an "or" question and provides only "yes" and "no" type responses?

About half the people doing polls on this board.

there's one that creates polls with only negative results for Trump/Republicans.

He did it properly, just as polls often want a mere name or yes or no for their existing polls.

Then he asked for commentaries. No problem with that.

Last edited:
Obviously we would be better of fiscally and a safer nation due to his promises if all economic and immigrations suggestions were followed.

Just this week, we can see how he will be a very positive influence around the world. Saudi Arabia, Israel, the Phillipines and the rest of the world is pulling out all of the stops to impress him and come into influence of the US. I don't think this has happened so fast after a failed presidency before.

He has no agenda beyond "winning."
Poor bendog. Can't take the way he has been accepted in the other countries, can you. Obama could have stayed on his knees and not received the high esteem he has been given on his first trip.
Jobs....A+ Influence ...A+ Possible member of a future coalition...?Very positive.

The only way to grow the economy is to grow the work force. Republicans are making sure that won't happen.

Yes, I like oranges and apples or bananas and pears. If you have a hard time figuring out the question, probably doesn't say much for your answer.
Well, you'll notice I didn't answer the question you posed.

With control of congress there is no reason why he shouldn't. Question is why nothing so far?

He did it properly, just as polls often want a mere name or yes or no for their existing polls.

Better or worse question (the order of the options offered doesn't matter):
  • Answer option 1: Better
  • Answer option 2: Worse
Green or blue question:
  • Answer option 1: Green
  • Answer option 2: Blue
Straight question answerable by "yes" or a "no" is a "yes or no" question, but it's not an "or" question. Do you understand the difference? That is when the "or" is part of what's asked about, "yes" and "no" are not valid answers unless the question itself stipulates them as valid.
  • Do collard greens grow better in clay or sandy soil?
  • Do collard greens grow better in clay than they do in sandy soil?
The former of the two preceding question is an "or" question, whereas the latter is a "yes or no" question. ("I don't know" is also a valid answer for either type of question, and, unsurprisingly, the OP didn't see fit to offer that option in his poll.)

Why do I care? Well, because there's a saying that hold a lot of worth for folks interested in discussing anything, but especially discussing politics in a venue where the sole means of communication is written.

If one doesn't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.
The same concept -- that if one isn't willing to think carefully about what one has to say, it doesn't really matter what one says or what others have to say in return -- applies to statements too. Words and grammar matter.

Better or worse question (the order of the options offered doesn't matter):
  • Answer option 1: Better
  • Answer option 2: Worse
Green or blue question:
  • Answer option 1: Green
  • Answer option 2: Blue
Straight question answerable by "yes" or a "no" is a "yes or no" question, but it's not an "or" question. Do you understand the difference? That is when the "or" is part of what's asked about, "yes" and "no" are not valid answers unless the question itself stipulates them as valid.
  • Do collard greens grow better in clay or sandy soil?
  • Do collard greens grow better in clay than they do in sandy soil?
The former of the two preceding question is an "or" question, whereas the latter is a "yes or no" question. ("I don't know" is also a valid answer for either type of question, and, unsurprisingly, the OP didn't see fit to offer that option in his poll.)

Why do I care? Well, because there's a saying that hold a lot of worth for folks interested in discussing anything, but especially discussing politics in a venue where the sole means of communication is written.

If one doesn't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.
The same concept -- that if one isn't willing to think carefully about what one has to say, it doesn't really matter what one says or what others have to say in return -- applies to statements too. Words and grammar matter.

Perhaps you can start your own poll, but I'm guessing the results will be the same.

Forum List

Back