Tahrir Square Rape celebration

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
(CBSNews) On Friday February 11, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a 60 MINUTES story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was amob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.
In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She wassurrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault andbeating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to herhotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the nextmorning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

There will be no further comment from CBS News and Correspondent Loganand her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

CBS News' Lara Logan Assaulted During Egypt Protests - 60 Minutes - CBS News

She was on Charlie Rose last week saying she wasn't going back after the first incident because it wasn't safe...
:confused:
CBS' Lara Logan survived 'brutal' sexual assault in Egypt
15 Feb.`11 — CBS News correspondent Lara Logan was recovering in a U.S. hospital Tuesday from a sexual attack and beating she sustained while reporting on the tumultuous events in Cairo.
Logan was in the city's Tahrir Square on Friday after Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down when she, her team and their security "were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration," CBS said in a statement Tuesday. The network described a mob of more than 200 people "whipped into a frenzy."

Separated from her crew in the crush of the violent pack, she suffered what CBS called "a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating." She was saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers, the network said. The Associated Press does not name victims of a sexual assault unless the victim agrees to it. She reconnected with the CBS team and returned to the U.S. on Saturday.

The attack on Logan, CBS News' chief foreign affairs correspondent, is one of at least 140 others suffered by reporters covering the unrest in Egypt since Jan. 30, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists. An Egyptian reporter died from gunshot wounds he received during the protests. A week before Friday's attack, Logan was detained by the Egyptian military for a day, along with two CBS cameramen. They returned to the U.S. after their release, and Logan went back to Cairo shortly before Mubarak left.

Logan joined CBS News in 2002. She regularly reports for the CBS Evening News as well as 60 Minutes, where she has been a correspondent since 2006. She has reported widely from Iraq and Afghanistan, and other global trouble spots. CBS said it had no further comment on Logan's assault.

Source

See also:

CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt
February 15, 2011 -- A CBS correspondent was brutally attacked Friday in Cairo's Tahrir Square after the resignation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, the network said in a statement released Tuesday.
Lara Logan, 39, was covering celebrations for a "60 Minutes" story, the network said, when a frenzied mob of about 200 people surrounded her, her crew and their security team. Separated from the others in the chaos, Logan was surrounded, beaten and sexually assaulted, the statement said. A group of women and about 20 Egyptian soldiers intervened to rescue the correspondent, the network said. Logan reconnected with her team and returned to her hotel, CBS said. She returned Saturday to the United States, where she has been hospitalized. CBS said it would have no further comment and that Logan and her family requested privacy.

Logan, a native of South Africa, began her work with CBS on "60 Minutes II" in 2002 and then moved to the original "60 Minutes" two years later. She was promoted to chief foreign correspondent in 2006 and to chief foreign affairs correspondent in 2008. Earlier during the Cairo protests, Logan and her crew were detained overnight and interrogated. "We were not attacked by crazy people in Tahrir Square," Logan told Esquire's The Politics Blog about the February 3 incident. "We were detained by the Egyptian army. Arrested, detained and interrogated. Blindfolded, handcuffed, taken at gunpoint, our driver beaten. It's the regime that arrested us. They arrested (our producer) just outside of his hotel, and they took him off the road at gunpoint, threw him against the wall, handcuffed him, blindfolded him. Took him into custody like that."

Logan spoke with the magazine Thursday night as she boarded a plane for her return to Egypt, saying that her interrogators accused her and her crew of being "Israeli agents," kept them in "stress positions" throughout the night and only reluctantly gave her medical treatment for an illness. "I was violently, violently ill," she said. "I'd been ill for a few days -- I hadn't mentioned it to anyone at CBS." At first, she said, they ignored her condition "until I vomited so much that they did have a medic see me at this secret facility -- they wouldn't tell us where we were. Then I was begging for an IV, and at first they wouldn't. I vomited up everything that the medic gave me. I vomited all over the interrogation cell. I vomited all over this office they put me in after that, and so eventually they put me on an IV."

Source

Last edited:
Oh come on..... it was a peaceful democratic rebellion right?

Hmm Im curious if "Boy Wonder" will take credit for that too....

Last edited:
I don't feel sorry for her. In no way did she deserve to have this happen to her, but what do you expect to when you go around calling for sharia law thru democracy. If anything, you can anticipate this to be the norm until the liberals are ready to call a terrorist a terrorist.

I don't feel sorry for her. In no way did she deserve to have this happen to her, but what do you expect to when you go around calling for sharia law thru democracy. If anything, you can anticipate this to be the norm until the liberals are ready to call a terrorist a terrorist.

I do.... although, I hate her politics... she didnt deserve rape!

Those animals are scum, but I guess Allah allows that stuff right?

Sharia Law is a scurge on civilization and should be irraticated!

Eh?

Who's calling for sharia law through Democracy?

How do you know she was raped by a Muslim? How do you know what her personal politics are? What does this have to do with Sharia law (which, of course, forbids rape).

Eh?

Thats all they hear. Rape and Sharia.

How do you know she was raped by a Muslim? How do you know what her personal politics are? What does this have to do with Sharia law (which, of course, forbids rape).

Im going to take a chance and jump to a conclusion.... care to prove me wrong? Go ahead, but until then.... I say it was radical islamists that did it.

As for her politics.... whatever!

You just want to try and take the moral high ground.... take it, I dont give a fuck!

Those folks are animals, and I doubt in a real "peaceful democratic rebellion" women dont get raped and beaten with a crowd of onlookers.

Im going to take a chance and jump to a conclusion.... care to prove me wrong? Go ahead, but until then.... I say it was radical islamists that did it.

Do you know what the definition of prejudice is?

Another ASSumption?

You just want to try and take the moral high ground.... take it, I dont give a fuck!

Those folks are animals, and I doubt in a real "peaceful democratic rebellion" women dont get raped and beaten with a crowd of onlookers.

Um, not trying to "take the moral high ground". Just calling you out on your racism.

Oh please. It's a downright miracle there wasn't more violence. In fact, there was very little. The facts don't differentiate between a Muslim man and an American man in that that many men can't keep their hands off a woman, especially a pretty blond woman. I DO feel sorry for her, and hopefully at least she learned THAT lesson.

I don't give a shit whether it was pig fucking radical islamists or franciscan monks. I hope the assholes that did it rott in whatever hell their god sends them to. But I would have to agree, given the location and circumstance, that the probability of it being done by Sharia Law sympathizing muslims is high.

Do you know what the definition of prejudice is?

Another ASSumption?

Um, not trying to "take the moral high ground". Just calling you out on your racism.

Forgive them, Doc. They're Beckites and only repeating his Truth. "They're all animals."

Eh?

If you need me to answer that, you don't have the common sense needed to enter this conversation.

Eh?

If you need me to answer that, you don't have the common sense needed to enter this conversation.

Translation: I've got nothing, but I can't admit it.

Try again?

Eh?

Oh please. It's a downright miracle there wasn't more violence. In fact, there was very little. The facts don't differentiate between a Muslim man and an American man in that that many men can't keep their hands off a woman, especially a pretty blond woman. I DO feel sorry for her, and hopefully at least she learned THAT lesson.

Are you stupid? You wouldn't know a fact if it where an STD and you urinated blood. Here's a fact, the world is laughing at Obama and you stand in support of him. I suggest you start living life more independently and think for yourself. Did you see that protester signs mocking Obama? It's a fact, they don't like him or his media there.

Also, how many independent contractors died when the Death Star blew up? If a group of stoners can figure out there are occupational hazards deciding which jobs to take in life, then why can't the enlightened media figure it out?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back