T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

when people of tucson see these shirts being worn in their community what do you think will be the reaction?

Exploitation at the venue by a political machine that was supposed to be a memorial service and instead was packed with political supporters. A mentally ill person kills 6 and wounds many more, so we have 'cheering' for Obama? I'd be disgusted and many will feel the same.
Maybe we need a law that forbids cheering at a University event. What were those people thinking, for God's sake! The fucking nerve at trying to pull together as a community in the midst of a horrible tragedy.

Yeah, Cheering at a Memorial that Represents 6 Dead and Many Wounded...

Not a Week after the Massacre...

And you get a T-Shirt for coming!

Classy...

:)

peace...

a spirit of togetherness.

Do you really think the victims would not want people to come together and thrive?

A memorial service is to honor the dead - not to make the event about those in attendance.

I doubt you understand the distinction.

Do you really think the victims would not want people to come together and thrive?

Was this the Rallying Cry after Ft. Hood by you, Truthy?...

peace...

The university planned this.

the university wanted people to walk the community with the message over their hearts for people in the community to see.

Please refrain from further insulting this grieving community by tarnishing their attempts to heal themselves.

Exploitation at the venue by a political machine that was supposed to be a memorial service and instead was packed with political supporters. A mentally ill person kills 6 and wounds many more, so we have 'cheering' for Obama? I'd be disgusted and many will feel the same.
Maybe we need a law that forbids cheering at a University event. What were those people thinking, for God's sake! The fucking nerve at trying to pull together as a community in the midst of a horrible tragedy.

Classy...

peace...

I wonder if they had a lottery for a door prize.

when people of tucson see these shirts being worn in their community what do you think will be the reaction?

Good morning Annie,

I believer the words "Together we Thrive, Tucson America" will comfort the people who see it.
Yep...maybe the righties would like it better if the University gave out Tshirts that said, "Let's all curl up in a ball and die in reaction to this tragedy"

A memorial service is to honor the dead - not to make the event about those in attendance.

I doubt you understand the distinction.

Its also about healing and this community is trying to heal itself , please respect their attempts to do so.

The whole thing was sick. How disrespectful can you get when you turn a memorial into a fucking Obama for change rally with tshirts and all.....Do you think they bused in the cheering crowed? Who the hell cheers for the Home land security director?

Who paid for and made them? Why?

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for ... - Yahoo! News Photos

capt.ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-0.jpg

r51761037.jpg
The absolute last thing CON$ want in this great country is togetherness. CON$ hope to destroy this country from within by turning American against American. That's why they divide all Americans into two groups, CON$ and the enemy. There are no independents or moderates, if you aren't CON$ervative you are Liberal and the enemy.

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

February 10, 2008
RUSH: you do not know the left in this country. You do not know the enemy.

Is it just me or is it a contradiction to say stop the "partisan bickering", followed by the comment, "embrace the idealistic vision of democracy held by 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green." I guess not but it just seemed that this statement tells us to be partisan. Everything is political, I see nothing wrong with it. More power to them, they should use this to their full political advantage. Its all they got. They can say we are not thriving under Obama because we are not "together". Thus, lets compromise, put the rhetoric aside, and just pass Cap and Tax, lets build more Windmills, lets create new jobs from our imagination and forget about "old jobs". Forget about leading the world in Steel production and technology, forget leading the world in Nuclear Energy technology, forget all those old jobs, we can lead the world in making plastic wind mills. Except of course we are leading the world in spending tax dollars confiscated from the public on useless Green Energy at the same time we have saved German and Denmark Green Energy companies from going bankrupt a second time.

So lets embrace the Democrat ideals of the young 9 year old girl and pass everything Obama wants without all this partisan rhetoric from the right.

Obama urges nation to honor youngest Ariz. victim - Yahoo! News

Obama urges nation to honor youngest Ariz. victim

AP – President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama attend memorial service for the victims of Saturday's …

By GILLIAN FLACCUS and JULIE PACE, Associated Press – Thu Jan 13, 6:50 am ET
TUCSON, Ariz. – President Obama exhorted Americans to refrain from partisan bickering and urged the country to embrace the idealistic vision of democracy held by 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green, the youngest Arizona shooting victim and an aspiring politician who is set to be buried Thursday in the first of half-a-dozen funerals

Yep. this is what is important. Not 6 dead Americans.

There is something "wellstone memorialesque" about turning a memorial service into a political even. This one wasn't nearly as bad as that event, but the t-shirts were inappropriate. I don't think it honors the 6 dead Americans to provide such slogan themed souvenirs.

What on earth does "together we thrive" mean for 6 dead people? Are they being buried in a mass grave?

I'm trying to work up some outrage.... but I'm struggling to get past the inhumanity of the incident.

I can see why people are complaining. And I agree. The 'tone' of the event was more of a pep rally than a memorial... but I genuinely thought Obama looked very uncomfortable with that when he walked in.

Blaming him is ridiculous. I blame the audience for behaving like idiots, and I blame those who organized it for turning it into a 'yes we can' fiesta. I don't blame Obama because it wasn't his fault.

The whole thing was sick. How disrespectful can you get when you turn a memorial into a fucking Obama for change rally with tshirts and all.....Do you think they bused in the cheering crowed? Who the hell cheers for the Home land security director?

How was it a political rally for Obama? Because the university supplied apolitical t-shirts? Because he obviously had control of the crowd and had them cheer when he came out? Because his message was so political right? (if you think his message was-you didn't watch it).

PS-awesome icon. \m/

I'm trying to work up some outrage.... but I'm struggling to get past the inhumanity of the incident.

I can see why people are complaining. And I agree. The 'tone' of the event was more of a pep rally than a memorial... but I genuinely thought Obama looked very uncomfortable with that when he walked in.

Blaming him is ridiculous. I blame the audience for behaving like idiots, and I blame those who organized it for turning it into a 'yes we can' fiesta. I don't blame Obama because it wasn't his fault.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
Is it just me or is it a contradiction to say stop the "partisan bickering", followed by the comment, "embrace the idealistic vision of democracy held by 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green." I guess not but it just seemed that this statement tells us to be partisan. Everything is political, I see nothing wrong with it. More power to them, they should use this to their full political advantage. Its all they got. They can say we are not thriving under Obama because we are not "together". Thus, lets compromise, put the rhetoric aside, and just pass Cap and Tax, lets build more Windmills, lets create new jobs from our imagination and forget about "old jobs". Forget about leading the world in Steel production and technology, forget leading the world in Nuclear Energy technology, forget all those old jobs, we can lead the world in making plastic wind mills. Except of course we are leading the world in spending tax dollars confiscated from the public on useless Green Energy at the same time we have saved German and Denmark Green Energy companies from going bankrupt a second time.

So lets embrace the Democrat ideals of the young 9 year old girl and pass everything Obama wants without all this partisan rhetoric from the right.

Obama urges nation to honor youngest Ariz. victim - Yahoo! News

Obama urges nation to honor youngest Ariz. victim

AP – President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama attend memorial service for the victims of Saturday's …

By GILLIAN FLACCUS and JULIE PACE, Associated Press – Thu Jan 13, 6:50 am ET
TUCSON, Ariz. – President Obama exhorted Americans to refrain from partisan bickering and urged the country to embrace the idealistic vision of democracy held by 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green, the youngest Arizona shooting victim and an aspiring politician who is set to be buried Thursday in the first of half-a-dozen funerals

Christina Green would not want the vote on the repeal of Obamacare to go forward.

Right?

It's too bad Barry had to use the 2012 Replacement for "Yes We Can" for this Event...

Now he will have to come up with another one...

By the way, Kaiser called...

ThriveAlone.gif

They want some Duckets for using they Shit!

Of course that's not as Deliberate a Rip-off of a Children's Book and Bob the Builder, like Barry's 2008 Theme was, but...

peace...

How was it a political rally for Obama? Because the university supplied apolitical t-shirts? Because he obviously had control of the crowd and had them cheer when he came out? Because his message was so political right? (if you think his message was-you didn't watch it).

PS-awesome icon. \m/

Don't be an idiot. The Obama operatives approve and control everything at those appearances. If they told the university to make people sit on upside down chairs, the university would have done that.

It's too bad Barry had to use the 2012 Replacement for "Yes We Can" for this Event...

Now he will have to come up with another one...

By the way, Kaiser called...

ThriveAlone.gif

They want some Duckets for using they Shit!

Of course that's not as Deliberate a Rip-off of a Children's Book and Bob the Builder, like Barry's 2008 Theme was, but...

peace...

I read there were bumper stickers, too. I'm working on sourcing that.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

PS-awesome icon. \m/

Don't be an idiot. The Obama operatives approve and control everything at those appearances. If they told the university to make people sit on upside down chairs, the university would have done that.

Prove it.

I see what you're saying, Rav. I think the problem occurs when you brand the event a 'memorial'. Being Irish, I love a good wake.... but a wake is not a 'memorial'. Generally, memorials are more respectful and less of a 'go team' atmosphere. Having said that, it totally was not Obama's fault. He looked remarkably uncomfortable when he walked in to the cheering and stuff, after which he did what a good speaker should do, he adapted his demeanor and tone. I think he did well.

Classy...

peace...

I have to agree with you here. It reminded me of being at a basketball game. I thought Obama did not expect this, but handled it well. I wondered how the family of the victims felt. For them, I felt their sorrows may had been lost.

PS-awesome icon. \m/

Prove it.

Grow up.

The absolute last thing CON$ want in this great country is togetherness. CON$ hope to destroy this country from within by turning American against American. That's why they divide all Americans into two groups, CON$ and the enemy. There are no independents or moderates, if you aren't CON$ervative you are Liberal and the enemy.

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

February 10, 2008
RUSH: you do not know the left in this country. You do not know the enemy.

The last thing you want is togetherness, that is why you use CON$.

Its the Liberals united under Obama who are the Cons. Where is the tax break Obama promised in his campaign, every working middle class family would receive a big tax break. What happened, was that just a Con job by the Liberal Marxist President, Obama.

Rush Limbaugh, everyone should listen to Rush Limbaugh, devote a week to his show, then they will see its the Liberals who are the Cons.

Forum List

Back