T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

Is there anything more offensive than the right wing idiots criticizing the people of Tucson for how they mourn?

You people really can't sink much lower.

How many People Live in Tucson, Ravi?...

Don't Speak for ALL People... You have Serious Issues with that.

I Know more than a Few People Personally in that City who are Disgusted by his Politicizing of this Tragedy...

First by his Minions... And then coming in as the One who will Calm the Storm his Troopers Festered...

Disgusting... All of it.

:)

peace...

Who paid for and made them? Why?

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for ... - Yahoo! News Photos

capt.ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-0.jpg

r51761037.jpg

Going to extremes to try to accuse someone of politicizing an event is itself politicizing the event.

when people of tucson see these shirts being worn in their community what do you think will be the reaction?

Exploitation at the venue by a political machine that was supposed to be a memorial service and instead was packed with political supporters. A mentally ill person kills 6 and wounds many more, so we have 'cheering' for Obama? I'd be disgusted and many will feel the same.
Maybe we need a law that forbids cheering at a University event. What were those people thinking, for God's sake! The fucking nerve at trying to pull together as a community in the midst of a horrible tragedy.

when people of tucson see these shirts being worn in their community what do you think will be the reaction?

Exploitation at the venue by a political machine that was supposed to be a memorial service and instead was packed with political supporters. A mentally ill person kills 6 and wounds many more, so we have 'cheering' for Obama? I'd be disgusted and many will feel the same.

Good morning Annie,

I believer the words "Together we Thrive, Tucson America" will comfort the people who see it.

Is there anything more offensive than the right wing idiots criticizing the people of Tucson for how they mourn?

This is straight out of the rightwing playbook. The accuse-Democrats-of-politicizing-a-memorial section.

Last edited:
Yep. this is what is important. Not 6 dead Americans.

This isn't the first time Americans have died. Why didn't obie wan go to the funerals of the slain border patrol agents? Wonder how that dead rancher's wife feels getting left out of the sympathy center?

Conservatives Criticize Free T-Shirts At Tucson Memorial Service | TPMDC

The University Of Arizona did not immediately respond to requests for more information on the shirts, which are drawing fire in the conservative twitter- and blogosphere tonight. The White House did not respond to a request for comment. A person familiar with the event confirmed the university put the event together, and was responsible for t-shirts, tickets, fliers, etc.

The t-shirts may not have been a great idea, but it's not way over the top or anything like that. How was that shirt used to make the event a political one for Obama? The shirt is pretty apolitical if you ask me. Plus there's no proof it was the work of Obama. Having worked at a university basketball stadium before (including for guest speakers), what we used to handout were 100% from the school-not from the speaker. I'm guessing that's what this is.

The t-shirts look like they could have come straight from the Organizing For America store.

This isn't the first time Americans have died. Why didn't obie wan go to the funerals of the slain border patrol agents? Wonder how that dead rancher's wife feels getting left out of the sympathy center?

Why didn't Jan Brewer put the Arizona flags at half mast for the 2 people who died because they couldn't get transplants?

a spirit of togetherness.

Do you really think the victims would not want people to come together and thrive?

Why didn't Jan Brewer put the Arizona flags at half mast for the 2 people who died because they couldn't get transplants?

People on government health care die every day.

In all fairness I think that it was noted that obama seemed at first uncomfortable with the 'upbeat' crowd noise etc. , the transcript of his speech seems to read as/in a subdued formal ( and imho correct) 'memorial' tone.

Not his doing really. He saw the crowd sensed the mood and went with it.

His staff should have prevented him from getting into this situation in the first place. That's part of their purpose.

This is straight out of the rightwing playbook. The accuse-Democrats-of-politicizing-a-memorial section.

It appears to me you are inflating this.

I personally don't care but this is just exactly what got us here, is he allowed to ask a question without getting questioned as to some evil motive or intent? its takes money and org. to make up and lpace several thousand t- shirts, you or ravi don't see it as an issue, cool, so thats it? no questions shall be asked, anyone expressing interest will be labeled as as an offender or sinking to a new level, lets get a grip shall we? ......we saw exactly this last Sunday.....

Last edited:

That's what happens when you force UNFUNDED mandates. Get used to it. It's going to happen a lot.

It appears to me you are inflating this.

I personally don't care bit this is just exactly what got us here, is he allowed to ask a question with getting questioned as to motive or intent? its takes money and org. to make up and lpace several thousand t- shirts, you or ravi don't see it as an issue, cool, so thats it? no questions shall be asked, anyone expressing interest will be labeled as as an offender or sinking to a new level, lets get a grip shall we? ......we saw exactly this last Sunday.....

Damn right. Those didn't get paid for from the contents of Christina Green's piggy bank.

Forum List

Back