T. Boone Pickens' Energy Plan

If using methods such as natural gas and windmills will give America freedom from the oil dependence of the Middle East
Quicker, cheaper, simpler short term solution -- "country of origin" labels on gas pumps! Like we have now on food. This will allow we consumers to vote with our dollar, give us the choice to not buy petroleum products from enemies or other folks who don't like us very much.

Depends on what type of generator you use and the size of same and how it is installed. The ones I've seen around make little if any noise. by the way you want one that powers your house not one that powers your whole freaking neighbor hood. Any thing large enough to damage the fondation of you home is bigger than you need if you aren't trying to power more square footage than the Taj majal.

Depends on what type of generator you use and the size of same and how it is installed. The ones I've seen around make little if any noise. by the way you want one that powers your house not one that powers your whole freaking neighbor hood. Any thing large enough to damage the fondation of you home is bigger than you need if you aren't trying to power more square footage than the Taj majal.
Wind Power Kit - Roof Mounted

Inhabitat » HELIX WIND TURBINE: Small Wind Gets Smart

EMAX electrical energy saving products

And dozens of others, all designed to go on rooftops!

...So my hope is that, by bringing this up for discussion here, someone will give me a legitimate reason to hate this plan. Otherwise I'll be tragically obliged to...ugh...go along with it. (Please note the partial sarcasm and self-ribbing.)

Seriously, what do people think of this?
T. Boone is trying to counter (most likely through General Electric) moves by Vestas (Netherlands), Iberdrola (Spain), and Siemens (Germany) to corner the only grassroots manufacturing starts here (i.e.: turbine blades) all while pushing his LNG investments.

Frankly, whatever the motive, the plan is a damn sight better than reducing the pg price to keep the guzzlesheeple feelin' safe about remaining petro dependent. R&D time is over. Time to actually change infrustructure to accomodate alternatives use.

Brazil, Australia, and the Euro Zone are way ahead of the curve on this. Ya can't US Patent what's not only already been invented elswhwere, but already been implemented extraterritorially for decades.

Otherwise it's climb on board alternatrain or crash with in ERoEI uberintensive domestic land yacht.

There ain't but a year and a half's worth of transport sector juice lying under the 1002 Area and the 208 Sale Area is mostly going to Saudi/Dutch, Norwegian, South Africa/UK/Australia, Spanish, Mexican and Colombian JVs despite all the drillbabydrillganda.

:eusa_think:

Ah, burn up all the oil. Who cares?

It's going to be burned. Nobody is going to just leave it in the ground.

So I say, burn it up. Sell more SUVs. Get it over with.

(1) Create millions of new jobs by building out the capacity to generate up to 22 percent of our electricity from wind. And adding to that with additional solar generation capacity;
(2) Building a 21st century backbone electrical transmission grid;
(3) Providing incentives for homeowners and the owners of commercial buildings to upgrade their insulation and other energy saving options; and
(4) Using America's natural gas to replace imported oil as a transportation fuel in addition to its other uses in power generation, chemicals, etc.

T. Boone calls for promoting wind and solar to increase it to meet 25% of our energy needs! I 100% agree with that. He states that we need put time and money into replacing the outdated energy grid.

However, I his last part stinks with self-interests and stupidity. He basically states we have a lot of natural gas, so start powering our cars on NG over Oil. First we power our homes NG, so if we start powering our cars with it then NG will need to be imported also! Why I say self interests?
First, Pickets made his billions off of oil. Using oil was no problem for him then!
Second, Pickets sits/owns the largest natural gas reserves in the US! Hum seems fishy to me!

Keep Our Fuel Mix Diverse

Coal - 49%
Natural Gas - 19.9%
Nuclear - 19.4%
Hydropower - 6.9%
Non-hydro-renewable (Solar, wind, biomass) - 3.1%
Oil - 1.6%

I like my better!
GHook's Energy Efficiency, Greenhouse gas reducing Plan:
(1) I agree with Boone, promote solar and wind and get it up at least 25% (up from 3%). I think we are tapped at 7% in hydro. So green renewables are at 32%. Eventually have solar, hydro and wind produce 50%.
(2) For god's sake increase: Use more nuclear power. There is no reason nuclear power shouldn't constitute 50% of our power. Nuclear power produces no emission, no air pollution, no water pollution, no CO2 and produces a ton of energy! France uses it to power its country why don't we.
(3) The last 18% should first be powered via natural gas and the remainder of coal.
(4) I agree with Pickens, upgrade the electricity grid.
(5) Have our cars move away from oil (or Hydrogen or natural gas) and to entirely electric cars. GM is running out the Volt, Tesla has the Model S, Chysler is running out a whole line of electrics, Nissan, Honda and Mitubshi are all producing fully electric cars.
(6) I agree with Pickens use upgrade the out dated electric grid
(7) Give home owner tax credits for attaching solar panels to their homes.

Forum List

Back