Syria’s exiled artists

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I wonder if anyone happened to know any of these artists from their time spent in Syria?

‘We don’t have much time. we may be arrested tomorrow’

Syria’s exiled artists

Syria once had a thriving artistic life, but many who were part of it have had to flee, ending up next door in Lebanon, trying to express what has happened to them and their country.

by Angela Robson

The Syrian illustrator Diala Brisly became famous when a drawing she had done to support women hunger strikers in the prison of Adra went viral online. “People made it their profile picture on Facebook,” she says. “It helped raise awareness of their protest ... I care about women. I believe there’s a role for women in the revolution but people don’t talk about that.” In the early days of the Syrian uprising, she had designed and distributed posters, getting caught and beaten at a protest, but managing to escape. “As artists and musicians, we expressed our solidarity with the demonstrators very early. But we were quickly targeted.”

She mentions Ibrahim Qashoush, a poet and musician from Hama, who wrote the stand-out song of the uprising, It’s time to leave, Bashar. In July 2011 he was found murdered; his vocal chords had been cut out. “There are only a few artists left there,” she says. “It is so dangerous now, and art is not a priority in Syria, it is a luxury.”

Continue reading at:

Syria's exiled artists - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition

Every article reporting about the happenings in Syria as "revolution" is propaganda shit. The woman wears no headscarf and would be shot to death by their beloved "rebels".
But with one thing she is right. There is a role for women in the "revolution". Its called "sex jihad" and it is incridible how this woman humiliates herself for that piece of dirty propaganda.

1186210_208625649304299_1341199475_n.jpg

Last edited:
Every article reporting about the happenings in Syria as "revolution" is propaganda shit. The woman wears no headscarf and would be shot to death by their beloved "rebels".
But with one thing she is right. There is a role for women in the "revolution". Its called "sex jihad" and it is incridible how this woman humiliates herself for that piece of dirty propaganda.

Have yhou ever thought that, instead of being fanatical extremists, these people want to be free to practice whatever pursuit in the arts that they want to. Perhaps to you it is propaganda because you don't like what is said, but to the art world in general, they would like to see artists free to express themselves artistically.

Have yhou ever thought that, instead of being fanatical extremists, these people want to be free to practice whatever pursuit in the arts that they want to. Perhaps to you it is propaganda because you don't like what is said, but to the art world in general, they would like to see artists free to express themselves artistically.
Are you dumb? Can´t you read? I am not saying this this woman is an fanatical extremist but - why do I have to explain that to you - I am saying she is lying about what is happening in Syria. She lost her credibility with their romantic tales of a brave revolution against the pure evil, the black night Assad. She would have far less rights in a Syria ruled by her "brave rebels" and she is a dishonourable traitor and surely got paid for that. Furthermore I don´t think that she had to fear anything from the gov´t.

The regime has menaced hundreds of atists.

Last edited:
This regime has killed artists since its military putch.

Last edited:
This criminal regime has killed and jailed tens of artists like drawer Akram Raslan killed in prison.

%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86.jpg

Another cartoon drawer Ali Farazat was savagely beaten by regime militias.

images

1_1081776_1_34.jpg

The famous international artist Youssef Abdelke was jailed.
4077c45ddec621de446749471cfb5800.jpg

Actrice Samar Koukeche in jail.
samar-kokash55.jpg

Actrice Layla Awad
217208.jpg

Artist sculpturer Wael Kastoun killed in prison
%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%84%20%D9%82%D8%B3%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%86.jpg

Writer Adnan Zirai the latest artist in Prison.
images

This criminal regime has killed and jailed tens of artists like drawer Akram Raslan killed in prison.

%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86.jpg

Another cartoon drawer Ali Farazat was savagely beaten by regime militias.

images

1_1081776_1_34.jpg

The famous international artist Youssef Abdelke was jailed.
4077c45ddec621de446749471cfb5800.jpg

Actrice Samar Koukeche in jail.
samar-kokash55.jpg

Actrice Layla Awad
217208.jpg

Artist sculpturer Wael Kastoun killed in prison
%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%84%20%D9%82%D8%B3%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%86.jpg

Writer Adnan Zirai the latest artist in Prison.
images
http://www.usmessageboard.com/middl...eats-dead-syrian-soldier-s-heart-graphic.html

Are you dumb? Can´t you read? I am not saying this this woman is an fanatical extremist but - why do I have to explain that to you - I am saying she is lying about what is happening in Syria. She lost her credibility with their romantic tales of a brave revolution against the pure evil, the black night Assad. She would have far less rights in a Syria ruled by her "brave rebels" and she is a dishonourable traitor and surely got paid for that. Furthermore I don´t think that she had to fear anything from the gov´t.

Now tell us just where you get your information. Are you working for the Public Relation Department in the Syrian Embassy in Germany? Meanwhile, I can just see if Picasso, Michelangelo and Rembrandt were Syrians and fled because they couldn't express themselves freely, you would probably be calling them rebels and traitors. By the way, why don't you stop spamming about the FSA eating organs? How many times have you posted this already? I have read about Pakistanis eating the flesh of recently dead people in a Pakistani cemetery, but I would never think of bringing it up over and over and over.

Forum List

Back